PDA

View Full Version : How to GET your answer in a script thread

EdsuBR
06-03-2008, 10:54 PM
This thread (tutorial, whatever you want to call it) may be of a little help to new users or even old users but noob on forums.

When you WANT to get your doubt answered in a Script thread (or maybe another thread) what you gotta do is this:

- DO type with correct english (it looks good and it is easier for everyone of any country to understand what you're typing [Some people may not be familiarized with your country's slang]). There is even a button in the reply screen TOOLS SECTION that corrects your spelling (i think it does, i never tested it), the button is the "ABC" with a tick under it.

- DO post what bug appeared in the debug box on SCAR. It's the most important thing to write. If you think you might know what it (or part of it) means, also write it in the reply because any information may be helpful.

- DO type politly even when you think the script is bad. Try to tell what things the scripter can do so the script get better.

- If you read a person's doubt about a script that is not yours but you know how to correct it, DO post how to, it saves the person's time and also the Scripter's time.
--------

- DO NOT post something that you think you can correct. Besides spamming, it can turn the thread more difficult to search for a simple error or even a word that is related to it.
Try to correct it first and test it, if the script now works better than post what you did change and if you want and feel like post what it changed. Information is always good.

Well i think that's it. If i remember something more i may edit the thread. If you have something that you think is also very useful for the new forum user to know, post here or send me in a private message and i'll put it here and also your credit under it.

I apologize you did not understand something because of my english, because I'm brazilian, but i try to spell everything correct when i can.

I hope you guys liked it :D

kor
06-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Good guide ;) I really dont like when people make threads with huge red text typing like '' WHY ISNT ME SC4R W0KRING?!????'' and then TONS of smilies. Good job.

Lee Lok Hin
06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Add: One or two lols are fine, but a whole line of them are no good. Additionally, capitalization helps, and so does paragraphs.

On or two simleys would be nice though :p

And. Nice tutorial.

I get this when I click the ABC with a tick, but I suppose this is the wrong place to say that.

The requested page http://www.srl-forums.com/vbspell.php cannot be found.

EdsuBR
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks.
Yeah just saw that error with ABC tick too :S