PDA

View Full Version : Best [Free] Music Downloading Program?

YoHoJo
06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Well iv used LimeWire for years and it works great for me. I was just wondering if any of you could tell what programs you use to download music and why you like them?

Hugolord
06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I just use www.searchedmp3.com

faster than limewire tbh..

Note: The above search engine is by Pyro himself

YoHoJo
06-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Meh, cool, but not very many results for searches.

the scar noob
06-08-2008, 11:33 PM
LimeWire doesn't works perfectly for me, I have to wait rather long until I have full connection bar..

-Tsn.

Harry
06-08-2008, 11:42 PM
@TSN: Your ISP is throttling your p2p connections then :D

YoHo, I say get BitTorrent, it is not as fast as LimeWire, but much better because of higher quality files, and even whole CDs to download at once.

Dan Cardin
06-09-2008, 12:50 AM
i like pandorajar, cuz i get all different songs of a genre, instead of all the same ones.

though if im downloading specific music, then torrents are the way to go. (Though i have heard that frostwire is prtty good)

YoHoJo
06-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah, i know about torrenting. I torrent like a monster :]. Im just asking about single song downloading. I use uTorrent for torreting files, its the best IMO.

@Dan, yeah i made a thread about Pandora and PandorasJar in the Music section, im looking for program to get specific songs. And mmm iv heard of frostwire, ill check that out thanks.

Nexhou
06-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Ares or Limewire Pro, use Katz.cd to dl Limewire or Ares

Runescape Pro
06-09-2008, 09:38 AM
There is a program called "Bearshare".... but i haven't used it in soooo long. last time i used was after getting a new version where u needed an account for it. After that update it just wasnt the same. TBH it was the BEST free music downloading program i have ever used. On my moms really crappy computer (256mb of ram, 40gb hard drive) it would dl songs in 3 secs no lie. I'm suprised no one has mentioned it yet =\
But yea... I would definitely check it out. I have been using limewire recently and i have to say, bearshare kicks its @$$

YoHoJo
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah iv asked around im seeing limewire is most popular, iv heard of bearshear, i hear its a bit dodgey program but ill give it a try, im content with limewire though so far. Thanks guys, keep em coming.

Freddy1990
06-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Limewire Pro...
Tbh, Limewire Pro > Frostwire...
I've had too much problems with Frostwire...

Harry
06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
There is a program called "Bearshare".... but i haven't used it in soooo long. last time i used was after getting a new version where u needed an account for it. After that update it just wasnt the same. TBH it was the BEST free music downloading program i have ever used. On my moms really crappy computer (256mb of ram, 40gb hard drive) it would dl songs in 3 secs no lie. I'm suprised no one has mentioned it yet =\
But yea... I would definitely check it out. I have been using limewire recently and i have to say, bearshare kicks its @$$

Bearshare = The most discreet spyware and adware ever to be downloaded on the Internet..

YoHoJo
06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah i was a bit scared of bearshare.
I use LW Pro (torrented the installer) and its looking like its the best so far :]. <3
I honestly haven't had any problems with it, was just wondering about alternatives.

FreakyMonkey
06-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I go to Album Hunt (albumhunt.com). It's not bad if you're looking for a specific album. Not many people have heard of it

isjusme
06-10-2008, 12:15 AM
i have a site, but it is a warez site so i cant post it...

Zigon
06-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Limewire works just fine for downloading the music I want. For vids or progs I ust torrents.

ShowerThoughts
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Limewire + Bitcomet is pirat0zzz!!!!