PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard announces Diablo III

Zigon
06-30-2008, 09:26 AM
In terms of story, Boyarsky said that Diablo III will pick up 20 years after the end of the events in the Diablo II expansion, Lord of Destruction. Deckard Cain, the storyteller and quest giver in the previous games, returns in Diablo III and, at the beginning of the game, is convinced that the forces of Hell are intent on invading Sanctuary. Cain is desperate to find a way to stop this invasion and, it seems will work with your character to that end as the game begins. Worse yet, the general population of the various cities of Sanctuary--traumatized by the events of the previous games--have begun to put those evil events behind them; many believe that the demons that previously appeared in their cities were just myth to begin with. More... (http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/preview-blog/909185203/26460025/blizzard-invitational-08-diablo-iii-lore-and-art-panel.html?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot)

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/687/93065920080628screen013od0.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=93065920080628screen013od0.jpg)

Hoooolly shit, I can't wait. I was so disappointing with Hellgate: London, thinking it was going to be like Diablo. Check out the in-game demo (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo3/news.html?sid=6193137), it looks amazing. I won't spoil anything they reveal in the video, so watch it! After racking up disgusting hours on Diablo2 and lod, I can't wait for the release date to be announced.

Cerium
06-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Check out the gameplay video at blizzard website..

PWNAGE!

JuKKa
06-30-2008, 10:09 AM
i really hope that they wont fuck up the economy this time :D

Queso
07-07-2008, 02:06 PM
i really hope that they wont fuck up the economy this time :D

What are you talking about!? I thought the Diablo 2 bartering economy worked well! You probably didn't play ladder, usually stuff was always harder to find for trade ...

Infidel00
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I love D2, and when I saw this a while ago, I just about shouted with joy in the early morning. From the looks of it, it is the same game I love and am stilling playing today, but with enhanced graphics...which is perfectly fine by me!:D

Scaper
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
to play the will you need a half decent graphics card like to play the new runescape hd??

Infidel00
07-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I never considered the req's for the new Runescape HD to be that great at all, still kind of dated in my mind.

But I am sure you will need at least some decent, mid-grade equipment to run D3.

Queso
07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I never considered the req's for the new Runescape HD to be that great at all, still kind of dated in my mind.

But I am sure you will need at least some decent, mid-grade equipment to run D3.

As they said for SC2, I'm sure they will have a low quality graphics selection in the options menu of D3 so that they can sell more copies of the game.

StrikerX
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
OMFG it owns....This will be the only game i WONT illegibly download

Zigon
07-15-2008, 11:43 AM
OMFG it owns....This will be the only game i WONT illegibly download
lol you've got that right

I renewed my RS subscription to check out the new look, with 26 day's left I can't imagine logging back on anytime soon :p . Looks like until Diablo 3's released I'll be rewatching Kenny Vs. Spenny episodes and watch some more Angry Video Game Nerd.

I thought the economy was awesome in Diablo. It was interesting to go from GP being everything to being basically worthless. From the looks of it, you're going to need a pretty decent GFX card to run Diablo 3 with maxed out settings. Of coarse, with these games you can lower or remove eye candy in case daddy didn't buy you an Alianware for x-mas. My latop has a NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS. From past experiences, if it's anything like Crysis or Hellgate, I won't be able to play with the settings maxed out without lag. But I should be able to spruce the graphics up to my satisfaction :) . CAN'T WAIT!

zonfire
05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
i think theyre saying the economy was wrecked from all the duping, hehe it was so fun doing it tho! iv been keeping an eye on all the vids they post it looks like a shredder game i cant wait!!!!!

Dynamite
05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
i think theyre saying the economy was wrecked from all the duping, hehe it was so fun doing it tho! iv been keeping an eye on all the vids they post it looks like a shredder game i cant wait!!!!!

:o i think you just grave diggered :o

T~M

Markus
05-19-2009, 12:13 AM
closed.