PDA

View Full Version : ~~||13 Ways To Keep Your House Cooler||~~

P1nky
07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Since the Gas Price are BOOMING well, atleast in USA lol. i got about 13 TIPS how to keep your house Cooler, so that means low Electricity BILL, even though most of yall are YOUNG-ADULTS, you should care about the value of money help your parents out.
CREDITS:
to my dad for these TIPS, well its for my family and it seem's i should share with you guys too!

13 IMPORTANT TIPS:
*Turn your ceiling fan for summer. Ypu should feel the air blown downward :P lol
*Program the thermostat with air cond. to adjust setting at night and when your not home(that helps alot, for us! MOST EFFECTIVE FOR YOUR BILL)
*Dont have lamps or tvs near thermostat. heat from appliances keep air conditioner {THIS WAS FROM A ARTICLE MY DAD READ really impressed from it}
*Use Blinds/curtains so the sun-rays bounced off
*Replace the roundshape bulbs with the new technology bulbs that save 20% energy in bill :P they are like spiral shaped. they are a bit expensive (3-4$ more than regular 1's) they are stated as energy-saving bulbs, can be found at home depot,Lowes,and any Big store(walmart) we use these now too there a bit bright and they help.yeah they are called:Fluorescents bulbs just googled it :P. 1/5 the energy :O

*Air-dry dishes instead of using dishwasher, (go ahead once your lazy do that but not alwayyyyys)
*Use Microwaves oven instead of electric oven.
*TURN OFF COMPUTER WHEN YOU ARE NOT USING FFS! LOL TURN THEM OFF AT NIGHT! people say doesnt matter BUT IT DOES!
*dad told me this 1 just now i think he got off article, Lower Hot water heater thermostat to 115 degrees.
*Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes
*make sure fireplace switch is tightly closed
*try to get tinted windows

*MOST IMPORTANT THING:
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS
TURN OFF ANYTHING IS NOT BEING USED ATM
EXAMPLE:

TV
COMPUTER
FAN
LAMPS
CELL PHONE CHARGERS< IDK WHY BUT I READ THAT SOMEWHERE!

REP ME IF YOU LOVE ME, and this guide :P;) dont forget to read my other Guides too!

TOOK OUT COLOR FOR YALL :)

Other Tip From Others:

\
A note about the cell phone chargers, these are referred to as "vampire" or "phantom" appliances. They continue to suck power even when turned off and with nothing hooked up to them. In order to save some energy with these, just hook all your chargers and other such devices up to one power strip, that way you can just go *click* and stop wasting energy.

CheetahNub
10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Someone give this man a cup for the most useless tut! :o

p1nky wtF?

TheChineseMan
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
lol i kinda like it even thought i dont even live in US but alot of ppl will know this so ya... but still nice

the flea
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
haha its funny that here all the telly is about keeping your house warmer to save bills on heating and your here giving tips on keeping it cooler :P

P1nky
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
lol i kinda like it even thought i dont even live in US but alot of ppl will know this so ya... but still nice

Someone give this man a cup for the most useless tut! :o

p1nky wtF?

Thanks guys :)
glad yall noticed it haha.

[-jesus-]
10-15-2008, 08:35 PM
failure thread has failed. The colors almost destroyed my eyes..

Naike
10-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Jesus be nice ;)

It's a good tut on how not to make tuts :D
And try to use eye friendly colors.

Also, could somebody just give this guy the Tut-writer cup so we don't have to read anymore of this.

P1nky
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM
hahah Nike :P

yeah took out the colors

lmao, still laughing.
btw jesus i hope i destroyed your eyes so you dont have to come back and get on srl-forums.

bullzeye95
10-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Just to let you know, florescent lights have been out for... well I'm not sure, but quite a long time ;)

P1nky
10-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Just to let you know, florescent lights have been out for... well I'm not sure, but quite a long time ;)

your right

in wikipedia it says:

but idk if there 100% right though yeah your right, i didnt know that.

Andyz55
10-23-2008, 10:00 PM
... why do I need to keep my house cooler? I think u should add that the basement is way colder than the upstairs and that if your very hot u can go down there lolz

bullzeye95
10-23-2008, 10:10 PM
He posted this during the summer.

Vic
10-24-2008, 01:29 AM
lol, its summer here in Aus now, and the best thing you can do is live near a beach :D

P1nky
10-24-2008, 02:59 AM
... why do I need to keep my house cooler? I think u should add that the basement is way colder than the upstairs and that if your very hot u can go down there lolz

and just for your info in South USA we dont have basements. idk about north atm lol

btw
ty bullz

FornxXx
10-24-2008, 03:01 AM
and just for your info in South USA we dont have basements. idk about north atm lol

btw
ty bullz

The south will rise again lol <3

Brain
10-24-2008, 03:58 AM

btw
ty bullz

Up here in Montana almost all the houses have basements, well, most of the ones I been in, which is quite a few.

Andyz55
10-27-2008, 10:59 PM
My friend just moved to texas from wisconsin, and he has a basement.
wtf do u mean u dont have basements there?

The south will NOT rise again

BlackThursday
10-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey P1nky, great tut man. I wish more of the younger folks could understand the impact they can make upon the environment.

A note about the cell phone chargers, these are referred to as "vampire" or "phantom" appliances. They continue to suck power even when turned off and with nothing hooked up to them. In order to save some energy with these, just hook all your chargers and other such devices up to one power strip, that way you can just go *click* and stop wasting energy.

P1nky
10-28-2008, 12:05 AM
My friend just moved to texas from wisconsin, and he has a basement.
wtf do u mean u dont have basements there?

The south will NOT rise again

he must be a crackhead :)

read this article:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/7412-basements.html

god... dont mess with the mastaaaaaaaaaa
lol
thanks BlackThursday ill quote that in main post.

Andyz55
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
HEY!!! he is NOT a crackhead and I happen to miss him very much..

Quote from a guy who posted on that link:It is now common for basements to be included in upscale homes in the Dallas area. I know of approximately 100 that have been installed in the past four years. The key is of course the type of drainage system that is included in the design. The soil conditions, whether rocky or clay only affect the cost of the installation.

(my friend lives in the dallas area)

dadirtyd0
10-31-2008, 04:21 AM
what the hell does this have to do with anything?

Andyz55
10-31-2008, 04:45 AM
Well, it still is kinda useful if you really need it. The gas was almost $5 here, its now 3$.
What does it cost there?

indrion
11-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Different, but good.

nhstarter10
11-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Dude wtf? Were you serious when you posted this thread or did you have a few too many? Well... it was in detail and it was very well put together so I suppose you did do a nice job... rep+?

Griff
11-03-2008, 03:35 AM
Haha nice, helped my sister at university a bit.
Rep++ cause the guide was good, but mainly cause i love you :P

P1nky
11-03-2008, 03:42 AM
Haha nice, helped my sister at university a bit.
Rep++ cause the guide was good, but mainly cause i love you :P

lol thnx griff

and all for reps and alll :)

appreciate it.

joery
11-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Just to let you know...

If you turn off your computer each time you are not using it this may get expensive tho.
Since starting your computer up is the part that uses the most energy...

well its hard to explain in english since i'm dutch but i'll try to make it a bit clear for ya.

Well, if ya leave your computer on for like 1week.
It would cost you allot of electricitie.

But if you had to boot your computer 5times a day, 7days a week, you would waste more electricitie then you are when just leaving your computer on..

Just so that ya know..