PDA

View Full Version : Smithing Exp + Quick Cash

Harkonnen
07-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Now this can be tedious if done on your own but there are more than enough people to do it for you at their expense.

Now the first way is the long boring but rewarding in lots of experience and you feel like you have accomplished a lot if done without macroing.

Now for any of these methods I suggest starting cash of at least I repeat at LEAST 500k less than that will take a long time for any decent result.

First Way (F2P)
Make your way to the GE you will be buying coal and iron unless you want to mine forever which I know can be done when you are not home. If you know what I mean.

So at the GE you will be able to buy (at current GE prices coal is 194 mid range 184 - 204 low and high respectively and iron is at 101 mid range 95 - 107 low and high respectively) about 166,666 per third of your money so 2/3 go to coal and 1/3 to iron or 1718 coal and 859 iron or there abouts that will cost about 86,579gp for the iron and 333,292gp for the coal for a total cost of 419,871gp now do not worry about the rest of that money you could spend it is always nice to have a good amount of back up change you know.

Well step two involves the long part smelting into steel bars if you have not been following along then you won't have guessed that you will be making steel bars. You will be able to create about 859 bars or 581,543gp mid range 552,337gp low end or 610,749gp top end that means for all your hard work you hill have gained 241,801gp mid range a gain of about 73% of your expenses a wonderful growth plus the bonus of 15032.5 smithing exp no matter what you do if super heated you also gain that magic exp but the extra cost of the runes so that is up to you. Obviously the cheaper you buy and the higher you sell the greater your profit margin.

Now to make more money you just repeat as many times as you you want.

That is all fine and dandy but do you really want to smelt all those bars on your own of course not. This method works best for members but F2P can do it just a simply. What you want to do is advertise something like as much exp as you want to make free. That will get most of their attentions so this is what you tell them for the price of the 6399 they can smelt using your ore making steel bars as much as they want. Now why the cost you ask you said it was free just let them know that it is a loss prevention situation what would happen if they just ran away with your ore right? well the 6399 is the price of 9 top priced steel bars which is exactly the amount of bars you will get from each trade. The way it works is they pay you a ONE TIME FEE one time thats it that will cover you the entire way crazy sounding right? You trade them 18 coal and 9 iron ore both noted they trade you either the cash if this is the first run or 9 steel bars if a consecutive run is made. Tell them you will only accept noted bars for the obvious reasons. Now this way you will not make any exp yourself but you will go through your smelting process much faster than before so you could buy more supplies and make even more money.

Now that is the F2P version now for members this become a lot better money cannon balls are made from smelting steel bars with a mold at any furnace the Al-Kirahad furnace is probably best for what we will be doing. Now you can sell Cannon balls usually on any day at any time and be an almost instant sale sometimes you may have to wait but it is worth it.

This method involves a slight bit more amount of risk because the price swing from Cannon balls to steel bars is bigger than coal and iron to steel bars because of this that means that you will have to take less of a down payment per load of steel so to speak the first time that they run and remember now your runners are members they will need to pay you 21060 the low end of the cost of 108 cannon balls (108 = 27 steel bars * 4 cannon balls per smelt) the difference between the low end in cannon balls and the high end in steel bars is about 1863gp at any given time make sure you watch the markets. This method works just like the steel bars from the last section so I do not feel the need to go over it again.

Of course you could always make the balls yourself and make a total of 43100 exp per thousand steel bars (that includes smelting them yourself) but again more work less pay type thing going on.

EXTRA KNOWLEDGE: Now personally I hate smithing pretty much with a passion it is not a big deal when you are using a macro to do it for you but still takes a long time for a minimal result. So I suggest this once you get about 2mil in the bank stop buying coal and iron and just buy the steel bars. faster more but less profit this is what I do at ruffly 10mil a time with a profit of 3,436,928 a run good money considering I can run through 10mil worth of steel bars in a day hiring out my labor.

If any one has any question on this please feel free to ask I will answer to the best of my abilities.

Dusk412
07-10-2008, 06:25 AM
you could have just edited your old thread...
better now though.

Harkonnen
07-10-2008, 06:35 AM
I did not know that the old one was posted when I was continuing this one

Laur€ns
07-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Nice tut:)

which I know can be done when you are not home. If you know what I mean.
Bots :rolleyes:?
Nice to see someone is making a tutorial instead of spam to get thier postcount up :)

r3d
07-10-2008, 09:36 PM
so, 9 steel bars are worth more than 18 coal and 9 iron ore, which causes a problem because of the unbalanced trade system. i have to give them more ore for each load of bars they bring me, which is not a problem, but then at the end, they each bring me 50 bars, and they cannot just give them to me, i would have to buy them from them. if i understand correctly, no profit is made unless i smith the bars myself. i assume i dont understand everything perfectly, please help me to! thanks

overall a pretty good way of making money it looks like, once i understand it :)

Harkonnen
07-11-2008, 07:48 PM
no because of the differance in price the 9 steel bars are not enough at current prices to totally trip the unballanced trade system so you can continue to give them 18 coal and 9 iron

Nice tut:)

Bots :rolleyes:?
Nice to see someone is making a tutorial instead of spam to get thier postcount up :)
I would rather like to be liked than to be disdained just to get scriptsd you know

r3d
07-12-2008, 05:44 AM
if the steel bars were worth the same amount 18 coal and 9 iron ore are, then you wouldn't make any money? or do the grand exchange prices differ from the prices in trade? sorry to take up your time =\

Harkonnen
07-13-2008, 03:52 AM
if the steel bars were worth the same amount 18 coal and 9 iron ore are, then you wouldn't make any money? or do the grand exchange prices differ from the prices in trade? sorry to take up your time =\

Yeah they do differ slightly but the amount is not enough to tip off the trade system that some one is getting ripped off so yes there is a unbalanced trade but not enough even for a lvl 3 player to have to wait between trades.
So say you want to charge 711 per steel bar and you bought your ores at 101 and about 200 they differance in the entire trade is 711 - 501 = 210 so 210 * 9 = 1890 per trade so say you only did this 100 times that is 189K projected profit.