PDA

View Full Version : Recover lost files/applications with GoneIn60s

Esteban
08-10-2008, 12:47 AM
What is GoneIn60s?

Recovering deleted files is nice, but how about recovery when your application crashes-or when you close it by accident without saving first? With this freeware, you have 60 seconds (by default) to reopen the app (which really isn't closed, only hidden) and the document to make sure you've got everything saved.

Downloading
To download GoneIn60s, all you need to do is visit http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/GoneIn60s/GoneIn60s.exe and install it as you would any other program. The program is Freeware, but a donation is appreciated.

Setup
GoneIn60s doesn't have the usual installation setup interface, it just simply installs itself. You will know when it's installed when you see a lightning bolt in the task bar.

After installation is complete, right-click on the lightning bolt, and click on setup. Setting up the program is self explanatory.

How to recover a file/application
Let's try an example. Open up SCAR, then simply close it. Right click on the lightning bolt, and click on 1 - Untitled - SCAR Divi 3.15b by Freddy1990. SCAR will reopen to as it was before it was closed. The tab for the application that was closed will remain in the task bar for however long you have set the recovery time.

Closing
I hope this tutorial and program will come in handy for you many times, it has for me. Don't forget to rate and comment! If you really liked this tutorial, paste the following code into your signature:

Recover lost files/applications in 60 seconds! (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33815?p=446363#post446363)

Harry
08-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Very annoying if you open a loooot of programs and close all at once :D

But it is a nice program, does it still save your file if SCAR crashes?

Esteban
08-10-2008, 12:52 AM
No, it doesn't do that, but I would hope you know when SCAR crashes or you accidentally closes and your work hasn't been saved.

William
10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
sweet my mouse sks so it double clicks all the time so it hapens to me alot lol thx alot :D

Esteban
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Glad this could help.

Shuttleu
10-13-2008, 03:25 PM
it doesnt terminate the program
it keeps the program running for an extra 60 seconds and that is all

if you go into task manager then open scar you should find scar.exe in the proceses tab
close scar and it wont dissapear which means the program doesnt close which is useless if your computer crashes

~shut

Esteban
10-13-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't think you get the point, shuttle. Did you even try the application? It doesn't just keep the SCAR process running for another 60 seconds, it can recover all the code that was entered into the coding interface that was lost, lets say, if you accidentally forget to save the code.