PDA

View Full Version : Ways to avoid the BANHAMMER!

jose89
08-10-2008, 02:17 AM
A quote from big bro from RSBOT. Very helpful information.

[quote from big bro]
I didn't get an answer in Introductions about where to post this, so it's going here in General. If it belongs somewhere else, please move it.

I used to use bots a lot on Runescape, and I got banned a lot for it. Over time, I made a friend who worked for Jagex and who told me (after he stopped working for Jagex) some of the things they do to detect bans. I tested some of it myself, have listened to feedback from others who did or didn't get banned, and managed to figure out a lot of things.

Now I'm not a programmer, and all the tech speak goes over my head. But I do know a good bit about how Jagex goes about banning people. I'm posting it here because RSBot is the best bot out there, commercial or free. I know that the other bots will copy it if it works, but you can say that you did it first. ;D

Here's what I know (or think I know):

*** Jagex will rarely ban an established members account in good standing for macroing a skill or combat level, except for time-abuse or if they're doing something else (like Real World Trading). Let me explain what that means:

1) The account isn't F2P. Member accounts get much more leeway than F2P do.

2) The account is at least two payments old....in other words, the account has been charged twice. The reason is that most credit card chargebacks happen in the first month.

3) The account never goes inactive. If you let membership lapse for 15 days or so, don't be surprised if you get a ban for whatever you did that can result in a ban.

4) The account is in good standing: it has never had a deficit (chargeback), a credit card or PIN used has never been refused or charged back, etc.

5) Accounts paid for by credit cards and Paypal have less a chance of being banned then those paid by Pins, and accounts not from Asia get more leeway (because most of the chargebacks and PIN/credit card scamming comes from Asia--mainly the gold-farming outfits there).

6) Time abuse is generally over 12 hours a day for members, 6-8 for F2P.

*** 90% of all the bans Jagex makes result from a user-report. Understand that before you go on. 90% of all bans happen because somebody reported it.

*** The bans which aren't the result of a report happen when Jagex Moderators (who are usually invisible---don't let anybody tell you that Jagex doesn't have invis-mods) get bored and cruise the hotspots (i.e. certain yew trees, certain mining spots, certain combat spots like the Rock Crabs, etc.) looking for abuse.

*** Now understand that in the above two cases, the FIRST reports which Jagex looks at are F2P. Members only get attention if multiple people report or if there are no F2P reports to look into. The reason is obvious: F2P bots aren't making Jagex any money because they aren't reading and clicking on the ads. F2P are the first to go.

***Once Jagex does send in an invis-mod or nonmod (an account that looks like a player but has a J-Mod on it), they WILL know it's a bot, because they know what to look for, and bots---even those who try to emulate humans---do have characteristics that identify them as bots.

Therefore, the trick is to make it unlikely that Jagex will see you. And the best way is to not let players report you in the first place.

How do we do that? I have some suggestions:

*** Always have your private set to "friends". Setting everything to "Off" isn't going to convince Jagex. They know that most bots and outfits who farm gold for others do that. Setting private to "friends" stops annoying people from following you if you change servers and also doesn't let them know if your saying "gtg" in a room actually means you changed servers to get away from them. Some people are so anal that they'll report you if they think you moved to get away from them. Don't give them the chance.

*** Never bot when you aren't at the computer or within listening distance of it. I know that many of you like to bot while you're asleep, but you have a much higher risk of being banned. Autotalkers won't help you---in fact, Jagex probably downloads those every day and sees what phrases are being used. They will be a dead giveaway unless you generate your own phrases.

*** Have an option for the bot to automatically pause all scripts whenever a player enters, a random event occurs, or the script terminates for any other reason. Upon pausing the script should sound a warning. The player can then deal with the situation.

The obvious reason to do so when a player enters is so you can deal with that player. They may just be passing through, in which case you can unpause the bot. They may stop and make conversation (and it may even be a Player Mod). By stopping the script, you're not doing anything for them to observe, and you can handle whatever happens manually, such as fighting manually for a while and talking to them. If the player stays around and keeps chatting, the best thing to do may be to simply say "I have to go", give a reason, and change servers. I don't bot when somebody else is present, unless I watch the screen and can answer whenever they talk. Remember: If the player doesn't have a reason to report you, you've eliminated 90% of the chance of Jagex catching you.

Why pause when a Random Event happens? Because I'm told that it's how some J-Mods handle some reports. They'll send a random (or several in a short time period) to the reported player and watch what happens. Since most anti-randoms probaby handle the randoms pretty much the same way, the J-Mod can analyze the logs. If the anti-random doesn't work, and the you keep timing out, they'll also get suspcious. If you handle the event yourself, they'll know that a human is doing the randoms and go on their way to the next report.

And of course, it's a good idea for the bot to sound if the script terminates unexpectedly, so you can restart it or check to see what's happening.

*** Try to do your bot training in a spot either not occupied by others or which is occupied by a lot of others. The idea is to blend in and not give anybody a reason to talk to you directly---and report you when you don't answer. Stay away from hotspots (like the Rock Crabs, certain Flesh Crawler rooms in the Stronghold, the Yew trees south of Falador or north of Varrock, certain Mining spots, etc.), because J-mods cruise those spots regularly, hopping from server to server. By not training in hotspots, you've eliminated most of the other 10% of the chance of Jagex catching you.

So if you're always within earshot of your computer, your bot always pauses and alerts if a player shows up, random is sent, or the script terminates, and you avoid hotspots, you're going a long way to avoid being banned. The downside, of course, is that you can't leave the bot unattended. For people who INSIST on having an unattended bot, but who want to avoid the banning, a setting could be included to simply log out if any of the above occur, but the risk of banning is greater.

Those are my ideas. I know that it's annoying to do have to be around to take care of things than to have anti-randoms, auto-talkers, etc., but it's a lot more annoying to have your level 88 with 1000 total levels banned. At least it could be an option for those who want it.
[quote ends]

Harry
08-10-2008, 02:28 AM
This is why I usually bot in the fight caves :) No people [except when you are out of the caves for a few seconds] to report, like the chances of you getting a random are like 1/million, and they do not expect you to talk because no players are nearby. :)

Illkillutill
08-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Lol, I'm thinking the Fight Caves are starting to become a hot spot to them tho. I will take all of this into consideration though, because I have been banned 3 times, still on a ban right now :( but it's only because i let it run a bit to much. Thanks for posting, shares more info with us all.

Krim0407
08-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Really helpfull, will take that into consideration. I reped you for finding it :)

XRaye
08-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Wow thanks so much for posting that, very very helpful.

lethalpunk
08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I never knew about invisble mods :o
very informative, rep +

OpenHearts
08-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question; but what does time abuse mean? :p

jarbados
08-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow this is really helpful. hmm mayby i should get member to my account so risk get banned decreases

0v3r74k3r
08-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Probably means having the script run over 12h a day.
Anyway rly good to know, altho its pretty obvious that you don't want other people around when you bot. This one time when I checked my autoer I had somebody tried to talk to me in the chat log box. Luckily they usually just think I'm some geek trying to max out my xp/hour not talking at all :D last comment he made was "idiot nerd" or something similar. Anyhow let's dodge doze bans!

Scaper
08-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow this is really helpful. hmm mayby i should get member to my account so risk get banned decreases

aaaa Ah it says maybe make sure it has had 2 payments so maybe play the first month membership then auto the second month. Now this is good thory now my other main got banned like 2 month ago so i made another and i only memberd it for like this well it ran out the 30th that was the 1st month i memberd it and i got perm banned i wonder if it was my second month of mnember ship i would have got a 0.5blk m's and a 10day ban:confused: ummm!!!

nice find even tho i seen it :D over at rsbot :) reped you for keep our interests at heart;)

Main
08-10-2008, 02:43 PM
I have trouble understanding the content above. (I just woke up from a 30 gaming spree)

Phrases, I am not sure.

standing for macroing a skill or combat level,

Does it mean the account HAVE black marks? or not?

That is all. the rest, is VERY helpful, I shall add it to my guide.

jose89
08-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question; but what does time abuse mean? :p

Time abuse is playing more than a normal person would.

6) Time abuse is generally over 12 hours a day for members, 6-8 for F2P.

Waddo
08-10-2008, 04:08 PM
when a script in scar finishes wether it be from terminatescript; runtime error
it reaches the end or anything like that it runs a procedure called

Scriptterminate;

so

procedure ScriptTerminate;
begin
playsound('that windows sound everyone has');
end;

xFeaR
08-10-2008, 05:34 PM
good find, this is very useful information

jose89
08-10-2008, 07:57 PM
when a script in scar finishes wether it be from terminatescript; runtime error
it reaches the end or anything like that it runs a procedure called

Scriptterminate;

so

procedure ScriptTerminate;
begin
playsound('that windows sound everyone has');
end;
Yeah, some kind of warning to let you know the script finished would be a great feature.

MasterKill
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
rsbot ftl, but this ftw!

sticky plox!

*thinks of a way to totaly own jagex by being invisible*

jose89
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Edited, made way easier on the eyes!

Skitzo
08-13-2008, 12:16 PM
He's got some good theory-based assumptions outlined there.

red eyes 20
08-13-2008, 07:14 PM
this is mainly obvious things nothing in detail.
though, it would be helpful for a new cheater

jose89
08-16-2008, 03:55 AM
Looking back when my main got banned. It got banned due to time abuse.
I used a fishing script and it got stuck, it stood in one place for 4 hours moving the mouse around examining things. Well, the script ran for 6 hours total. I log in the same day later at evening and nothing had happened to my account, so I play for 3 hours legit. Next day I come from work and find out that my account has been disable.
6+3=9 hours of play in one day which is suspicious and jagex WILL investigate your account!

EDIT: My main is f2p.

wazzzup
08-16-2008, 04:26 AM
lol i think u have to be playing like 18 hours a day for them to get suspicious...you know some of those level 138s on the top 10 in highscores live on runescape averaging like 13 hours a day lol. but seriously, thanks jose89 for this..it helps a lot

simple skill
10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
thabks for this i think a good addition to scar would be an optional sound so it doesnt wake thoses who auto over nite.

i think the idea of it stoping when it sees sombody is stupid but we could use safe chat to our advantage if someone made a random responder

eg. i would click on the white dot by the players chat and press quick reply then choose a random thing from the list (would only work on safe chat worlds)

corn77
01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
this was very helpful. I didnt know that Jagex knows many of the typical phrases. :O. Also I didnt realize thats mods were invisible. very good, helped me a lot. + rep

-corn77

daemonjoe
04-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Wow. What a great and thorough tutorial.
It's actually pointed out to me some things which I do that could risk me getting banned.

Thanks a lot! rep+

Drew_
04-19-2009, 05:54 AM
You realize he just copy and pasted it, right?

reallyreallyreallybignoob
08-21-2009, 12:22 AM
invisible mods eh? i always thought there were more mods then the occasonal mod. no wonder ive never seen a jagex mod.

zeejfps
08-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Very well tutorial im gona use some of those tips right away :D

But, does anyone know why i cantt alk in smart ? when ever i hit disable SMART i cant type :o anyone know the problem ?

Rich
08-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Answering your question: Disable and enable SMART a few times, and it should work. It's a small bug. However, I'm still considering your post as spam.

zeejfps
08-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Answering your question: Disable and enable SMART a few times, and it should work. It's a small bug. However, I'm still considering your post as spam.

why exactly is it spam ? if it is srry :(

I didn't know most of the stuff that was mentioned in this post and i wanna really thank the person wrote it :D

Rich
08-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Spam is pretty much what you wrote.

Saying "Thank you! I'll use this!" is spam. There's nothing constructive there, and is viewed as a post to increase post count.

Also, whatever else you said about SMART is in the completely wrong section. This could be considered as spam, and I did consider it as spam.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the rules before you carry on.

Regards,
Richard.

robien
08-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Great this will help alot since im on account 4. i apperciate your writing or paste what ever you did to get the info

Rune Killer
08-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Thanks, helped me alot.

fifa499
08-28-2009, 07:27 AM
yes but he took the time to find a share it wih us whch gives everyone more information thus making everyon less detectabe

scape712
08-28-2009, 01:17 PM
so what if he just copypasta'd it, its still good info

slackeru
08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
This is why I usually bot in the fight caves :) No people [except when you are out of the caves for a few seconds] to report, like the chances of you getting a random are like 1/million, and they do not expect you to talk because no players are nearby. :)

Thats the most clever thing I've ever heard. Thank you! Lol :P

ZephyrsFury
08-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Thats the most clever thing I've ever heard. Thank you! Lol :P

He posted that like two years ago before his and like 2 other fight cavers got popular.

Becks
08-04-2010, 02:23 PM
yeah. fight caves was a huge hit got 99 att, 99 str, 99 range, 99 deff. and a fat ban :(

MylesMadness
08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
What ever happened to fight caves... did jagex bork it or did all the scripts just get out of date

EvilChicken!
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
What ever happened to fight caves... did jagex bork it or did all the scripts just get out of date

What a coincidence.. I was just remembering the Fight Caves a couple of hours ago, wondering what happened to it.. And I see a post about on that same day, which is the first post I've seen mentioning the Caves in quite a while. Sorry, I just find that to be quite a coincidence.

Nevertheless, I concur on the question.

Cigue
08-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I heard somewhere that Jagex had picked up on it, modded it somehow and went into massive bans.