PDA

View Full Version : Mith smith?

Boreas
11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
My main is in the mid 50s smithing area and is now doing mith only. (no more steel because I used up the last of the iron in steel and I would rather use the high mining level on mith instead of iron) So I'm going to end up with a lot of mith bars or full mith sets. I looked on the forums and couldn't see much of an interest. Since mith is only useful for people with 20-30 defence I probably have to sell f2p. Where would you suggest?

PS I don't want to resort to high alching or selling too low. Also, I don't want to stand in a bank for hours saying selling full mith.

WT-Fakawi
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Get yourself a perm-buyer :) I sell my mith bars for 1k ea... Try world-1 Falador and sell in batches of 1000...

Boreas
11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
So are you saying I should keep them as bars for anvil smithers that pem buy?

WT-Fakawi
11-06-2006, 03:10 PM
well... Thats what I do :) 1000 for 1 mill.

Boreas
11-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Cool thanks. (I wasn't sure that people actually bought mith bars.)

Ooo my cup collection is growing lol.

WT-Fakawi
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
;)

Martin
11-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I would recomend gold ore into bars with gauntlets, Way better xp then mith bars.

Boreas
11-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Thank you but I am mining mith (and coal) at the moment (ty Fakawi and Wizzup? for GuildRaper). Also I haven't done the quest, plus I am 1 level too low on magic. I may try that afterwards though. I mean mine and sell addy and buy the gold. With Fakawi's draynor melter modded to port phasmatys I can get 1 load in less than a minute, that's 1573xp per minute with gold and only 150 with mith, thanks for that.

tarajunky
11-08-2006, 12:24 AM
yeah mith bars sell like hotcakes. I buy QUITE a lot of them myself. Well, until I get some of my own auoting chars able to produce them, anyway.

da_professa
11-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Myth bars I have seen lots of ppl trying to selll.. But full myth (or any myth armor) its a pain to sell..I have pked atleast 10 full myths on pure.. Its a pain to sell.. I sell em for like 8k -10k each (i think there worth 15k) and still no buyers, so i just alc em.. Like others said I recomend you just sell em as bars (you save ur self the extra walkin to the smithin place also..unless ur autoing that also :P)

Boreas
11-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Yea, I'll stick with bars. Smelting is wicked fast, and easier to script than smithing. My main (before I started cheating) went from steel armour straight to rune (don't use melee much anyway), I think most people don't use mith much.

DRAC2GUNZ
12-06-2006, 01:11 AM
If you can just make chestplates (best smithing xp) and high-alch or sell em' to someone who wants to raise their magic via-high alchig.. Thats what I did awhile back. Dont remember what they high alch for though.

da_professa
12-11-2006, 06:41 AM
They don't high alch fore much.. You'll make more money probably selling bars than alchin it, because pl8's take up i think 2 or 3 bars... This is one of the jagex way of screwing f2p.. We can't make no money with high alching, unless we become member

Bramble
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
platebodys take 5 bars and mith plate hi alchs for 3120.0 gp

phonnygoblin
12-20-2006, 09:45 PM
try axes. Mith wc axes go for 1k+ ea

lefamaster
12-21-2006, 07:40 PM
I love to build a stash of mith platebodies, then while smithing i'll drop by every five minutes in a heavy populated world, in Varrock, and sell them in batches to the Armor Shop in Varrock, especially when they run out. I think it is about or a little more gp than the high alch.

I also save about 12-15 full sets for the lucky bots who survive my intensive week-long punishment with the Goblin-Scheduler.

tarajunky
12-21-2006, 08:08 PM
You get the same amount of gold from selling to an empty specialized shop as you do from High Alching. You also get the same amount if you sell to the general store in the Bandit Camp. The good thing about the Bandit Camp is that the items disappear pretty quickly, especially on a busy world, so you can keep selling them one at a time for max profit.

Yes Axes are worth more if you sell them, but who wants to stand around and sell 1000 axes??? I get sick of selling even 100 rune axes and those have MUCH higher demand than any other type.

Windoze
02-03-2007, 05:09 PM
If you are doing it for profit then i'd say just sell them, but if you are looking for xp ( which will pay greater dividends in the long run) i'd suggest making mith plates only. (and i know you said you dont want to high alc) but it's the most useful solution.

Heres a little lay-out of the scenario:

assuming you are mining your own ores*

say you have 1k mith bars.

You could sell for 1mil OR make 200 mith plates and high alc them for a total of 50k XP and 624k GP. ( plus a lilttle mag xp)

Then once you get 90 smithing 'runeskimmy'= Major GP intake =)
(only if you have 85 mining to go with it)