PDA

View Full Version : [help] how do I repeat procedures

mikev
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi,
I am making a tokkul arena runner and I was wondering how I repeat the script once my guy dies/exits the arena.

for example...it logs in, gets into the cave, does random things while in the fights.

once it dies, it keeps doing random things instead of looping back to e.g. "clicking on the cave" and repeating the whole process over again.

how can I make the script recognize when it dies/leaves the cave and kinda refresh the script again.

thanks,
mikev

p.s. Im trying to keep the script kinda private for ... reasons ...

YoHoJo
11-08-2006, 09:21 PM
repeat
FIGHTSHIT;
Until(InLumby=True)

idk if imlumby is in srl so just do

Repeat
FIGHTSHIT;
UNTIL(Findsymbol(x,y,'Water'))
(because there is a water sumbol in lumby)

ps: i thinks i kinda funy how you are keeping it privyet but you dont even know how to exit a loop =p
owel =) have fun making that script

mikev
11-08-2006, 11:08 PM
well, its just because the character I will use this with, I don't want banned. I'm not selling it if thats what your thinking. The more people using a script = easier for jagex to compare movements and mass ban :P

btw- You don't go to lumby when you die in a minigame.....just back to the minigame starting area.

also, I kinda tried to make the script do what you said

repeat
dorandomshit;
until
findcolorspiral

but it didn't really work...maybe its the darn colors.

offtopic-- does your avatar have something to do with the movie "a Night at the Roxbury" ?

solarwind
11-09-2006, 12:13 AM
well, its just because the character I will use this with, I don't want banned. I'm not selling it if thats what your thinking. The more people using a script = easier for jagex to compare movements and mass ban :P

btw- You don't go to lumby when you die in a minigame.....just back to the minigame starting area.

also, I kinda tried to make the script do what you said

repeat
dorandomshit;
until
findcolorspiral

but it didn't really work...maybe its the darn colors.

offtopic-- does your avatar have something to do with the movie "a Night at the Roxbury" ?

Make a procedure that checks if the white cave entrance exists on the screen. Check... oh... about every minute or so, or whenever you feel comfortable placing the procedure call. I would recommend calling it when you're fighting. Make a function that returns true if it sees the white cave entrance. And if true, restart the script by clicking on the cave and going back in.

mikev
11-09-2006, 01:09 AM
solarwind - I am trying that right now.

I made a separate function that looks for the cave, and if it finds the cave, it will result in true.

I call that functions in the procedure that repeats while fighting in the arena. i set it up like this --

procedure randomshit;
begin
repeat
stuff
stuff
stuff
until
findcave = true
end;

it calls my "findcave" function in it but im not sure I set it up right.

where should I load the function in my main loop? or should I?

a little lost :confused:

thanks for the help,
mikev

solarwind
11-09-2006, 01:51 AM
Mikev check your pm.

mikev
11-09-2006, 01:54 AM
KILL ME FOR DOUBLE POSTING

I'm just too excited..... I finally figured it out and it works beautifully now. I have it running and so far its done at least 10 trips in a row. :spot:

thanks for the help! really appreciate it..... i learned funtions by discovery learning lol..... and it was hard. :cool:

YoHoJo
11-09-2006, 02:05 AM
ROFl yea its form that movie
iv never seen it but i love this avatar! =)!

solarwind
11-09-2006, 02:09 AM
ROFl yea its form that movie
iv never seen it but i love this avatar! =)!

Wow, are avatars SRL members only? Or who can put them?

YoHoJo
11-09-2006, 02:13 AM
hmm i don't know
go to top of page and clickSuer CP.
i chose it myself..

IronTeapot
11-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Yes, avatars are members and above only. Sadly us green names dont have the privilege.