PDA

View Full Version : Speed up Broadband

puj
03-19-2006, 03:16 PM
If you have broadband and still want your pages to load even quicker i would suggest toy get a program called google web accelerator. It sends all of the webpage requests from your computer through their high speed servers and shortens the time taken for the pages to load. Once the file is requested it will be cached on their servers until it changes, so it is like every site is run on a very fast server.

Once installed it adds a plugin to firefox and internet explorer which does the actual work.

It also has a counter which tells you how much time you have saved.

Ihave found it is symilar to those old dialup accelerators but they never really worked and this is free too.

Give it a try and tell me what you think what you think.:) http://webaccelerator.google.com/

Home
03-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Sorry didnt work for me :( only maded stupid clock on my tray(didnt speed up)

timmyboy
03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I've tried that before and it didn't work for me.....I don't think it even works:p

puj
03-19-2006, 09:05 PM
It looks like you may not notice the diffrence. It really worked for me, after a while you can tell it works. You can see it clearly when you visit a website that normaly lakes a long time to load.

Bam Bam
03-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I've tried before it it said it saved me like 15 minutes but i duno...

05-06-2008, 07:05 AM
well if its google they might have some way to reroute from there fast servers to you which would provide a cleaner connection by going through google as a middleman otherwise no idea how it could effect how fast a page can load.

kingoscorm
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Dont grave dig just to get your 10 posts.Wizzup you should probably close this thread.

perrz
05-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Never seen someone saying it works, tho it MIGHT work for a very slow connection or multiple outgoing / incoming connections.

jose89
05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
This could've been an april fools joke from google