PDA

View Full Version : Solarwind's Tutorial Island Runner. (First complete alpha).

solarwind
11-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Solarwind's Tutorial Island Runner (alpha testing)...

Winter break has begun and I'm beginning heavy development on this Tutorial Island Runner. It has improved a lot since the alphas. Can't wait to release a working beta.

Edit: Removed the pre-alphas. I'll post a good working script when I think it's good enough to be up here. I'm still working guys!

How to use:

- Also has a random character look picker (not very good, but enough for now)

- Create a new character, set to low detail and the usual. That's all you need to do, then just give focus to the rs screen and hit run and watch it. It'll pick all the clothes and stuff and start doing the tutorial.

- Has somewhat of a "report". It shows debug information on what it's doing. So if it says something and doesn't do it (for some reason) you know you'll have to help it out (in the 3 seconds it sleeps in between certain procedures).

- Fixed some stuff at the survival expert and added a few more failsafes like checking for raw shrimp, burnt shrimp and cooked shrimp. It also walks to a quieter spot and lights a fire so that we don't get the "you can't light a fire here" message.

- the next hardest parts are the combat tutor and the magician.

- Still adding more failsafes and improving efficiency.

Date last revised: Sunday, November 19, 2006.

Hey321
11-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Ok, i just tried to run it again. Has a problem TalkToRandTut; Is an unknown identifier. Other then that looks great.

solarwind
11-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Oops, that is a function that I put in srl myself. Just redownload, I updated.

Hey321
11-10-2006, 02:02 AM
K trying again

Edit: Sorry man lagging like crazy. Few points it lagged, AFTER it opened the door to go to guide, When it went to click skillz tab, and when I tried to pause i got logged out

solarwind
11-10-2006, 02:23 AM
K trying again

Edit: Sorry man lagging like crazy. Few points it lagged, AFTER it opened the door to go to guide, When it went to click skillz tab, and when I tried to pause i got logged out

What computer do you have? It might be that.
I'll take a look and fix anyway.

Ruroken
11-10-2006, 03:02 AM
i did one of these.....got to the miner then i got kinda bored....

solarwind
11-10-2006, 03:14 AM
i did one of these.....got to the miner then i got kinda bored....

Ok, what do you think of mine?
Update: Doing a major update currently. Will post when I'm done.

I need feedback guys! Please test!

Boreas
11-10-2006, 04:01 AM
A lot of improvement, still more to go though.

I'd like to see srl multiple players.

Breaking up into procedures is good.

Some randomness in the sleeps might be needed.

The repeat loops that make sure something is done, like finding the chicken is good. I'd like to see more of that kind of stuff, for everything that could go wrong. Basically error detecting like if not(loggedin) then break;.

Slightly less important, but I would like to see the number system so that you can start from different places.

Did you free the dtms? Don't remember seeing it when I glanced thru.

I'll post more when I run it.

solarwind
11-10-2006, 04:34 AM
Thanks, I updated it a little, v0.07, please redownload and test. That fixed some lag and has much much much better door finding.

To do: (first: highest priority, last: lowest priority)
- free DTMs
- The survival expert and the combat tutor are the hardest part of this tutorial. Will add more failsafes there
- multiple players (I can't wait to add this! We can have our own little army!)

One question though... Why do we need to free DTMs? Where and when should I free them?

IronTeapot
11-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Freeing DTM's releases them from memory(RAM), you know how memory is. Just do it at the end of your script (since that is when you no longer need them).

inferno
11-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Free your dtms after you have used them. Don't leave it to the end of the script. So most of the time it will be at the end of the procedure/function that used them.

Keep up the good work solar. ;)

Hey321
11-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Not bad, fixed lag quite a bit. I can move the map when it lags now :). Other than that not looking so great sorry. I tried it couldn't find the door. Perhaps you got rid of something by accident or screwed it up by fixing the lag?

IronTeapot
11-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Ah. I didnt know you could release dtms individually. Thought it sorta released them all at once. Then yes like inferno said, release them after the procedure.So load your dtms, then say when you know that you have done the survival guide part, release the first guides dtms ( as a fail safe release the dtms onces your 2 sections ahead, incase it messed up somewhere)
eg:
loaddtms;
do intro guide;
do survival guide;
unload introguide dtms;
do cook;
unload survivalguide dtms;
do quest guide;
unload cook dtms;
etc;

this way if you do implement your 'where am i' fail safe you can always recall to sections instead of having to reload alldtms because you released them when the script wasnt really done.

solarwind
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Not bad, fixed lag quite a bit. I can move the map when it lags now :). Other than that not looking so great sorry. I tried it couldn't find the door. Perhaps you got rid of something by accident or screwed it up by fixing the lag?

Really? I can still find the door
I'll put in more debugging output so you guys can post that and I can see exactly what went wrong.

Ah. I didnt know you could release dtms individually. Thought it sorta released them all at once. Then yes like inferno said, release them after the procedure.So load your dtms, then say when you know that you have done the survival guide part, release the first guides dtms ( as a fail safe release the dtms onces your 2 sections ahead, incase it messed up somewhere)
eg:
loaddtms;
do intro guide;
do survival guide;
unload introguide dtms;
do cook;
unload survivalguide dtms;
do quest guide;
unload cook dtms;
etc;

this way if you do implement your 'where am i' fail safe you can always recall to sections instead of having to reload alldtms because you released them when the script wasnt really done.

Got it. I'll do that. Hmm... I wonder who voted "It stinks!" On this poll. Maybe I should have enabled "show names" lol...

Pentti
11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Looks nice script. Must try this sometime. I'm making too tutorial island script( Or I made and now I'm testing it)

solarwind
11-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Looks nice script. Must try this sometime. I'm making too tutorial island script( Or I made and now I'm testing it)

Yo! Pentti, I watched your video on your script! I love you!
How could I be such an idiot? I should right click on the main screen and use the PopUp function! That way, it wont fail as much! By the way, your script got stuck at the chef lol, how could you? :mad: Anyway, I'm preparing another sick update which uses rightclick and PopUp a lot! Omg, I was such an idiot!

Now, there will be MUCH MUCH MUCH less failure and a little less lag. I love SRL.

Edit: And who the hell voted that my script stinks? Lol... Just curious. If you think it stinks, please post why you think so. I would really appreciate your comments, as long as they are constructive.

Oh yeah, Pentti, looks like it's competition between you and me. :D

Rory123456
11-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Hello, there is a major error thingy, the tut completion bar is the same colour has the Runescape guides name :S

Hey321
11-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Well, i voted it's good but needs improvement which is true. Ok, now it was my comp lagging. Because when i tried it now it got to cooking shrimp but then it just went BOOM and crashed. Also i'm on a site called runescapology and i was wondering if i could post it there (with credz of course) when it's finished?

solarwind
11-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Well, i voted it's good but needs improvement which is true. Also good luck hope it works for me :). Might be my comp might be the script not sure :P. Also i'm on a site called runescapology and i was wondering if i could post it there (with credz of course) when it's finished?

Sure, but not yet, after I say it's finished. It's not done yet and needs a lot of improvement.

Hey321
11-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Also, you may want to add this in

NumberOfPlayers(1);
Players[0].name := ('UserNameHere');
Players[0].pass := ('PassWordHere');

if(not loggedin)then
loginplayer

To a new procedure so that it logs in for you to :).

Rofl... Shit left my pures pass in :( (old pure tho).

solarwind
11-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Also, you may want to add this in

NumberOfPlayers(1);

if(not loggedin)then
loginplayer

To a new procedure so that it logs in for you to :).

Rofl... Shit left my pures pass in :( (old pure tho).

Added, thanks dude!

Edit: v0.08 available, please test.

Hey321
11-10-2006, 11:07 PM
SRL Compiled in 94msec.
wrettrew
Spotted a random...
Spotted a random...
05:58:58 pm . . . . . . . . i .
Picking a random look for our character!
PickLook generated random number: 4
GenTables generated random number: 2
MouseTimes recieved times of: 2
n of: 1
n of: 2
GenTables generated random number: 4
MouseTimes recieved times of: 4
n of: 3
n of: 4
GenTables generated random number: 0
MouseTimes recieved times of: 0
GenTables generated random number: 1
MouseTimes recieved times of: 1
GenTables generated random number: 3
MouseTimes recieved times of: 3
GenTables generated random number: 6
MouseTimes recieved times of: 6
n of: 5
n of: 6
GenTables generated random number: 2
MouseTimes recieved times of: 2
Finding RuneScape guide...
Found RuneScape guide.
Talk to the RuneScape guide.
Open the spanner tab.
Finding RuneScape guide.
Found the RuneScape guide.

Exactly what i got then it crashed.

solarwind
11-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Out of all the times I have run this script, I always got out of the first door lol. Guess I need to improve stuff. I guess it was the runescape guide finding procedure. Will fix.

Boreas
11-10-2006, 11:18 PM
There are randoms in tut island? Since when?

Hey321
11-10-2006, 11:20 PM
There arn't. It's just a bug in the script sees text and thinks "it's a random!"

Boreas
11-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Then it should be disabled. Maybe modify a few srl things for tut island.

Edit: looking thru v.8 code. Looks a lot better. Could always do with more failsafe loops. Also look at other scripts (WT, Wizzy, etc) for player switching. A tut runner doesn't save much time if it can't do multiple players, because it only goes thru once.

solarwind
11-10-2006, 11:32 PM
There arn't. It's just a bug in the script sees text and thinks "it's a random!"

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!! He's joking!!!!!!!! OMG he put that in just for fun!!!!! There is no bug in the script!!! There is not even random detection in the script!!!!! OMG!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!! There are no randoms in tut island!!!!!!!!!11111

Boreas
11-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Also put in the start from different places number system. I have a few chars in the middle of tut island now.

solarwind
11-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Also put in the start from different places number system. I have a few chars in the middle of tut island now.

Sure thing boss, expect it to be done by v0.10

Boreas
11-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Just ran a char thru. Slow at times when it didn't need to be. Flashing arrow is good, dunno if it can be sped up. Not very important, but all my playes have the 4 music sliders to the left cuz its annoying and I like to listen to mp3s, maybe put in the option to turn em off? Low priority tho. It got stuck at the survival guide. It tried to fish without talking to guide and getting net first. This is where you need loops, like try til the net is in the inventory or something. Fire making worked eventually, but only after getting 'you cant do a fire here' once, maybe click on minimap where there is no white, yellow, or red dot? Everything else was fine. I'll take another look next version.

(copied log to clipboard then accidently lost it)

ikickyour
11-11-2006, 02:37 AM
i get this error :( right when it tries to login :(...im using version 0.08

SRL Compiled in 516msec.
[Runtime Error] : Out Of Range in line 107 in script C:\Program Files\SCAR 2.03\includes\srl\srl\core\Login.scar

solarwind
11-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Just ran a char thru. Slow at times when it didn't need to be. Flashing arrow is good, dunno if it can be sped up. Not very important, but all my playes have the 4 music sliders to the left cuz its annoying and I like to listen to mp3s, maybe put in the option to turn em off? Low priority tho. It got stuck at the survival guide. It tried to fish without talking to guide and getting net first. This is where you need loops, like try til the net is in the inventory or something. Fire making worked eventually, but only after getting 'you cant do a fire here' once, maybe click on minimap where there is no white, yellow, or red dot? Everything else was fine. I'll take another look next version.

(copied log to clipboard then accidently lost it)

No problem. I really appreciate you helping to test it for me. Yeah, it gets stuck at the survival guide. That woman is a nightmare. I'll put more loops and failsafes in. It's just that part and the fighting part and the mage, everything else works fine.

solarwind
11-11-2006, 03:35 AM
i get this error :( right when it tries to login :(...im using version 0.08

SRL Compiled in 516msec.
[Runtime Error] : Out Of Range in line 107 in script C:\Program Files\SCAR 2.03\includes\srl\srl\core\Login.scar

Hmmm. Don't put in a username and password in and start logged in.
Login then run the script.
See if that helps.

Boreas
11-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Cool. Parts where you get stuff in your inventory make it easy to check if it was successful. DTMs of the blackoutline or bitmapmasks will do it pretty quick. Btw what do lesser demon and greater demon mean?

IronTeapot
11-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Lesser demon and greater demon are our rankings. like you have srl member. Though yours stays the same, the non member peoples ranking increase with post count.

Mjordan
11-12-2006, 02:34 AM
ill try this out tomorrow. have you got the final version yet?

solarwind
11-12-2006, 02:58 AM
ill try this out tomorrow. have you got the final version yet?

I don't think this will be "final" for quite a while. I have a lot of bugs to iron out. It works, but you just can't leave it there. I'll almost grant you it'll fail atleast once. You have to sit and watch it and if it starts screwing up, help it.

stevenadrien
11-12-2006, 03:10 AM
It doesn't login and instead it says this
Apart from that it's looking really good.

solarwind
11-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Ok, I'll update that. Just dont use the login function. Start already logged in.

Pentti
11-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Replace procedure setupplayer;
begin
HowManyPlayers:=1;
end;
with
procedure setupplayer;
begin
HowManyPlayers:=1;
NumberOfPlayers(HowManyPlayers);
CurrentPlayer:=0;
end;
And
replace begin
DisguiseScar('Microsoft Word - Document 1');
ClearDebug;
SetupSRL;
ActivateClient;
LoadMyStuff;
BenMouse := false;
MouseSpeed := 8;
with: begin
DisguiseScar('Microsoft Word - Document 1');
ClearDebug;
SetupSRL;
SETUPPLAYER; //<---
ActivateClient;
LoadMyStuff;
BenMouse := false;
MouseSpeed := 8;

solarwind
11-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Will do.

XcanadamanX
11-19-2006, 12:56 AM
im going to see how it works ill post how it goes

edit: very nice. it just couldnt find some doors and lagged but i think thats cause i have a movie open lol. very nice cant wait fo the beta!!

solarwind
11-19-2006, 04:31 AM
Thanks, that's an old version up there, I have a much much better version that I'm not posting. Why? Because WT-Fakawi told me not to "waste people's time with pre-alphas". So I'll remove the old version and post my new version when I think it's good enough to be up there. Thanks for all your interest!

the scar noob
11-19-2006, 10:48 AM
one question, where is the script?

Boreas
11-19-2006, 03:49 PM
It's coming, wait til next version. He's putting in a lot of stuff.

solarwind
11-20-2006, 01:44 AM
one question, where is the script?

Read the post above yours.

It's coming, wait til next version. He's putting in a lot of stuff.

Thanks Boreas.

Dynamiteb
12-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Solarwind,
It looks like a good one, but there is a prob when the character comes out of the first door, then it just roams around for a while and then the cursor moves randomly to different places. Not sure why its happening, could you suggest something? But anyways a great thing you are doing...

solarwind
12-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah. You have a really old crappy version. Right now, it's improved a lot but still has a ways to go. I can safely say its more reliable than Pentti's runner (no offence or anything). It's on hold for a bit because I'm stuck with school exams.

bod1977
12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I am excited :P

solarwind
12-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Cool. Right now I have exams, lots of exams. Progress is still slow. But when it's done, I garuntee that it'll be the best out there. With full location recognition, antiban and more.

Sonikk
12-22-2006, 08:31 PM
I will certainly love this!

the scar noob
12-23-2006, 03:48 PM
can you send me the script plz, because i can't download it :p

thanks

JmasterJimmy
12-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Cant wait to use this badboy once u get back from exams :D

wayne1210
12-27-2006, 03:03 AM
well, i really wanna help u test it...

but i'll just have to wait till u release ur new one

solarwind
12-28-2006, 02:07 AM
KK GUYS. I'm back. I'll need to work on this more. I promise it'll be out. Soon, I hope. Exams are 1/2 over, I have 2 weeks holidays for now and I'm going to work on it way way way more. I can't wait to release it.

rkroxpunk
02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
KK GUYS. I'm back. I'll need to work on this more. I promise it'll be out. Soon, I hope. Exams are 1/2 over, I have 2 weeks holidays for now and I'm going to work on it way way way more. I can't wait to release it.

OK you're back finally.....:)
So have u updated monk terminator cos i looked at it and it looks the same.....
oh well good luck and hope you stay and get your stuff sorted soon :D

Smartzkid
02-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Gettin closer to releasing?

Mjordan
02-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Gettin closer to releasing?

no, him and hey123 are working on one

HeavensWarrior
02-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I really appreciate what your doing this could help me alot.

petrock6
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Ill be a tester.
You converting i-bots one to scar? -.-

latvija 2006
02-21-2007, 10:36 PM
what da///

killermage69
09-18-2008, 07:35 AM
I thought it worked fine good script :)