PDA

View Full Version : Maze?

Boreas
11-13-2006, 12:56 AM
If this isn't new then ignore me.

My bro was just mining and got a maze random. Now between me and my bro we have played a lot and haven't seen it before. So I think it's new. (Actually I heard it was there before but got removed due to complaints about taking too long (which it did for my bro) so I should say it's back).

My bro says it didn't talk first, so nick finding won't work. It takes a while even legit. The walls are made of floating rocks, so uptext is unreliable. There are also gates that need to be opened. With a good enough algorithm the minimap can be analyzed. I didn't get a good look at it, plus I've never written a random solver before so I dunno.

I think it's to do with the chinese bots. Last night, I saw about 10 level 3, weird names, about half had default clothes but changed skin and hair, all at one yew spot. Two of them were called Yaxin07 and Yaxin06, logged in at the same time on the same world. The 'bad autoers' are ruining it for the 'good autoers' and the legit players.

We need to auto smarter, blend in more, and attract less attention. If the general public forgot that autoers exist (jagex never will), it will be better for all of us.

Dunno how to go about solving this one, but of course the first step is getting screenshots.

Again, if this is not new then ignore me.

Infantry001
11-13-2006, 01:01 AM
sounds new to me...

Boreas
11-13-2006, 01:02 AM
crap

edit: none of the devs are online!

Rams89
11-13-2006, 01:41 AM
I have had that random too; it looks like its going to be a challenge to solve.

YoHoJo
11-13-2006, 06:20 AM
wow. the maze was remove about a year ago are you sure you got it?
and the way you described it is EXACTLY how it used to be.
People tried to solve before but its just one of the logout randoms.

It takes too long to do so it was removed weird its back.
It takes a normal person a long time to do. I don't think its scriptable.
It shouldn't come too often though because it takes forever.

Ill do some research and see if its back for real.

hmm runescape removes the removed randoms from their webpage and believe it or not
the maze is there
http://kbase.runescape.com/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1907
i think ur right!

Pyro
11-13-2006, 07:07 AM
BOREAS I AM HERE FOR YOU! :p. yeah maze is old. well they took it out. Looks like they have put it back in. Ahhh well. It is a very rare occurence. We will just have to logout i guess.

Wizzup?
11-13-2006, 07:16 AM
It's think it was actually the first random event in runescape ever. ;)

{************************************************* ******************************
function FindMaze: Boolean;
by: Stupid3ooo
Description: Checks for Maze and switches player.
************************************************** *****************************}
function FindMaze: Boolean;
var
ax, ay: Integer;
begin
if (FindColorTolerance(ax, ay, 15395562, 129, 34, 129, 34, 4)) and (FindColorTolerance(ax, ay, 15395562, 378, 39, 378, 39, 4)) then //by Ghost
begin
Mazes := Mazes + 1;
Result := True;
Players[CurrentPlayer].Loc := 'Maze';
Players[CurrentPlayer].Active := False;
LogOut;
end;
end;

WT-Fakawi
11-13-2006, 07:44 AM
It is still there. Try autoing clay-softening :( I have had to pull out my clay-softener many times out of the maze. We even have a map with proper exits :)

Boreas
11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
So does the current SRL have if inmaze then currentplayeractive=false logout?

Edit: yea it does. It was in antirandoms.scar, not in its own file in the antirandoms folder so I didn't see it the first time. Dunno if the color and tolerance still works though.

By the way my bro was mining when he got it, I'll ask where when he gets home.