PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...

Wyn
11-13-2006, 06:07 AM
For my first script im going to make a yew chopper plus banker for verrok (guess where)

I know this could be hard for my first script but i need it the most and i will propably learn the most from it (also getting pissed off the most making it :f: ).

I was wondering what procedures should i learn for this (like banking and such) and if anybody had a guy with 60 woodcutting would let me use him.

Thanks

P.S: So far I've been looking through the manual but dont know which ones to use and ive been starting to take screenshots for pathing and trees.

masquerader
11-13-2006, 06:23 AM
dont underestimate the amount of planning it takes before you make a script.

break it up into parts so its more manageable:
walking to trees, chopping, walking back, banking

ask questions like:
how am i going to do the walking? radial walk? dtms?
is it going to be autocolor?
what randoms will i encounter?
what procedures do i need that already exist?
what procedures do i need that i will need to write?
and most important: what is most likely to screw up?

i find the more logical and systematic you are while programming, the easier it is
i would suggest looking through woodcutting.scar and getting your hands on as many auto-woodcutters as you can

as soon as you can ask some more specific questions, people will be able to help you more

if you start to look into it more, and decide its too much for you, do something else
i kinda believe if you split it up enough, and do your research, you can do almost anything in your first script (my first script was an essminer :wink: )

Wyn
11-13-2006, 06:41 AM
thanks masquerader for the quick reply, i will be dissecting the srl manual for what i need and im going to start looking for powerwoodcutters or anything to do with chopping.

And i already know the easest thing that it could miss up on and thats going to the bank.

da_professa
11-13-2006, 06:53 AM
I'll help you out.. But I can't give you my main (only one I auto on ..and only one with 60+ wc).. It's pretty easy.. add me at mhs_pb@hotmail.com

Wyn
11-13-2006, 07:03 AM
I'll help you out.. But I can't give you my main (only one I auto on ..and only one with 60+ wc).. It's pretty easy.. add me at mhs_pb@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help.

Also i added your msn, your not online :(

Roberty Bob
11-13-2006, 11:24 AM
why do you need this the most if you haven't got a guy you can use it on?
just curious...

good job taking screenshots for paths etc... that's a good way to start. I'd highly recommend Driger's tute if you haven't scripted with SCAR much before.

I'm a huge fan of sorting out your logic before you get into it, as already said. Even do some quasi coding, then expand it to real code...

eg.
Chop yews until inventory is full
Use DTM's and radialwalk to travel to inside the bank.
Use the yellow dots of the bankers to locate the correct stall.
etc
etc

get your logic straight.

you don't need a lvl 60+ anyway.
I have at least 10 testing characters around the runescape world, that aren't developed much at all, just test characters with low skills.

sure there are specifics you do need for yews... but you can test walking back and forth in a loop to see if it stuffs up. (go through Driger's tute for DTM's and so on.)
you can test chopping, randoms and banking using normal trees etc, it's easy to change colors and masks, when they work on normal trees.

Wyn
11-14-2006, 05:49 AM
thanks bob for your input and ill try doing some stuff that you said.

But i have a new problem...how do you put in the playerform from srl and make it work with the script, for some reason i cant find the procedure for it.

Thanks

Boreas
11-14-2006, 06:09 AM
SetUpPlayers;

Wyn
11-14-2006, 06:39 AM
SetUpPlayers;

Thanks for the file, its going to help.

Also im a fucking idiot, i forgot to put in the include :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Boreas
11-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Np, it's also useful when your army is so big you can't remember all the passwords, and you have to go thru em to fix them or whatever. Next version will have tele to lumby.

Wyn
11-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Boreas can you pm me ur msn if you have it?

God i got to figure out how many trips and log out and so much more

Thanks again

Boreas
11-14-2006, 07:27 AM
I don't use msn plus I dunno how much help I would be with how many trips, I just noticed the playerform thing. What do you need help with? you can pm if you wanna keep it private.