PDA

View Full Version : How to Become an SRL Member

Pages : [1] 2

Boreas
11-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Note: This is a work in progress, I just wanted to get it started and out there as soon as possible.

I am not against noobs, I don't think this community should private. I want there to be more members to help development. I just want the members to be better. Also, many apps are a waste of time, pretty much automatic no. This can be avoided.

This guide will contain general tips. Do not post exactly what got you accepted or rejected.

DO NOT try to apply with a low post count. I usually don't care about post count, and hate forums that do. I am not saying make a bunch of useless posts either. Just don't try to apply as soon as you get here. Let us get to know you first, or it's pretty much an automatic no. Note from yohojo: this may slide if everything else is good.

DO write an SRL script. Don't write something else and say you will learn SRL after being accepted.

NEW DO write a script that demonstrates you know standards, player switching, and anti-randoms. If you have an awesome script but it's p2p and no switching, write a simple power chopper and submit both. Same goes for a script that doesn't get randoms Just make sure you show you know all these basics.

DO learn as much as you can first.

DON'T rush it. This ties in with the above 3.

DON'T write a script just for the sake of getting accepted.

DON'T beg, be needy, campaign for votes, or be too persistent to the point of annoyance.

DO wait a while before trying again if you get rejected.

DON'T hold grudges to people that vote no. It's for your own good.

DO remember to save the bookmark. Often members voting on apps have questions for the applicants. It also helps you to see your progress.

DO contribute, help, and learn as much as possible before becoming a member. Don't save it all for later.

DO get to know how things work around here.

DON'T copy scripts. First of all we will catch you. Second it will probably hurt your chances of being accepted next time, even if you do write your own script. It's not worth it, it wastes your time and ours.

EDIT: DON'T COPY SCRIPTS! I said it would hurt your chances before, but now, if you plagiarize, myself and others will NEVER let you in. You will be branded a leecher, and shunned. Take some time to put in the effort and write your own stuff.

DO make good posts. As you will see, there is a certain ambience about this community, make sure you know what this is. Don't excessively spam/cuss/bad mout devs/etc, this is common sense.

DON'T bother even applying if you just care about getting scripts.

DO learn to script. Driger's Tutorial.exe and Janilabo's Massive SCAR Learning Package are good places to start.
--General DO: Search first, ask questions later.

DO think twice before applying. Am I really ready? Don't waste your time or ours. Remember what some wise man said, 'Don't enter a fight unless you know you will win'.

It's midnight, if I think of any more I'll add. I may add bold and other niceities when I'm bored. Feel free to post your do's and don't's. As I said before don't post exactly what got you rejected or accepted, just general stuff.

YoHoJo
11-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Prety nice
NEEDED VERY BADLY =)
Id just change the post count one.
Yes i don't like voting for people with low post count but if they have a killer script i will actually say yes.
I think you should get the views of everyone else who posts here also and then a mod should sticky it or something and make all applicants read it before applying =p.
Nice Job.

Boreas
11-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Thanks.

I was debating the low post count. I have seen a lot of people no for low post count, plus low post count is usually accompained by other factors so I left it in. Of course these are just guidelines, it's not like there something you makes you unable to click the apply button if you less than 10 posts. Let's say it's an indicator, you will have a lower chance of getting accepted with a lower post count, and a higher chance of wasting everyone's time. I'll leave it in until I see a good number of people that were accepted with a low post count.

Hmm, I'm not sure how I would vote on killer script and low post count, as it's not just about how good the script is, but also attitude and stuff, which is shown in posts.

Yea, I said

Feel free to post your do's and don't's. so I hope for this to grow.

Lol, I bet even if there was a check box "I have read the do's and don't's" forcing them to read there would still be some apps wasting our time, but hopefully this will but a dent in it.

WT-Fakawi
11-14-2006, 11:31 AM
stickyfied.

CamHart
11-24-2006, 05:57 AM
Yea i just applied... and it sent me to...
http://www.villu-reborn.com/newthread.php
So i wasn't sure what to copy. My computer was done loading anything, so i clicked back and resubmitted with a thing at the bottom saying sorry for double posting. The you (Boreas) PMed me asking to delete one, but i don't have links to either of them.

Boreas
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Masq took care of it.

snatch
11-25-2006, 02:47 AM
nice guide i really needed it

Jansen
11-25-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm a member, somehow. I've done all the don'ts and none of the do's >_>

I'm trying to learn Scar again though.

Boreas
11-25-2006, 05:18 AM
You may have joined before it went private, and then when it became pubic again, you got automatic membership. You may want to read a thread called SRL Members, Why? by yohojo in the members section.

Anyone have anything to add to the guide?

WT-Fakawi
11-25-2006, 11:57 AM
I have. To end confusion official rules will follow...

P.S.: Dont we love being admins Jansen :)

Mod Mopar
11-27-2006, 05:06 PM
DO learn to script. Driger's Tutorial.exe and Janilabo's Massive SCAR Learning Package are good places to start.
--General DO: Search first, ask questions later.

I can't find Janilabo's Massive SCAR Learning Package :( Can you post a link, please?

Boreas
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.moparisthebest.com/smf/index.php/topic,6723.0.html

Mod Mopar
11-27-2006, 06:08 PM

moose1234
11-30-2006, 01:41 PM
ok ty, ill try to get informed :(h):

solarwind
12-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Do learn the concepts of Pascal first to better help yourself understand how SCAR and SRL work. Maybe?

Hobbit
12-23-2006, 06:50 AM
back on the topic of low post count...look at mine i got like 30 posts...but i've been here longer then some people who got like 500 posts....just cause people like me dont talk doesn't mean we aren't there or paying attention...i've read most of the posts on the forum. Another wise saying "Sometimes its better to be seen than herd";)

Boreas
12-23-2006, 07:12 AM
True but paying attention isn't the same as contributing. SRL Members are granted access to more forums, so in return they contribute to the community. Granted post count isn't an exact measure of contributing, but what is in the posts gives a good idea. I think mopar said it well on his TOS.

Dadeer
12-23-2006, 07:30 PM
what would you say a good post count to have be4 you apply is?

Boreas
12-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Well it depends on what is in the posts. Certainly 5-10 is too little to get know someone. Just as long as you are not a stranger that just walked in if you know what I mean.

kemico2
01-02-2007, 04:42 AM
I think this will be very usefull to me later on. Thank you for taking the time for writing this.

http://www.fenjer.com/adnan/SRL/21/5/Kemico2\'s%20Ess%20MIner.png (http://www.fenjer.com/adnan/SRL/)

Boreas
01-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Np, thanks for reading.

Wool
01-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Got a question,
I applied for membershipt over 2 weeks ago, its been sitting in there with 3 yes and 0 no.
Just wondering how long one of these votes go for?? :D

Boreas
01-05-2007, 04:39 AM
Your poll is closed, and that auto closes in 1 week I believe. Someone with 'The Power' has to look at it, which hasn't happened yet. I know Fakawi has looked at other apps after yours, I don't why he didn't look at yours at the same time.

Wool
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
So the votes mean nothing unless someone with 'The power' votes on it. Then should I make another request or wait a while, I dont know :confused:

Boreas
01-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Well the votes don't control the timing of when you get accepted or denied. They are a big indicator on whether you will be accepted. Since I have been a member, I have only seen 1 case where the votes didn't reflect the outcome, and that was a special case.

I think you will get in, so don't make another one. Either wait a bit more, or perhaps pm WT-Fakawi, since it appears he missed yours and it has been a while.

Note to everyone else: please don't pm people and bother them unless it is a case like this.

Rick
01-07-2007, 08:25 PM
This was very helpful to me, im making my app but it wont let me attatch....

Boreas
01-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Put it in code/scar tags. It makes evaluating apps faster if we can see the script right away.

Rick
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
kk, i did that. Sorry if there are duplicates....i got a few errors and had to resubmit

.Storm
01-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much!! Most is common sense, but now Im sure that when Im ready, I'll really be ready.

Wanted
01-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the Tip.

I will be applying as soon as I am ready. It's always best not to rush anything as long as you have the time to do your absolute best!

Things I need to complete before applying:

*Finish Learning SCAR to a good extension.

*Complete my first SRL script and make a good high quality script.

*Start being an active member and good contributor of these forums!

Thanks~!

Boreas
01-18-2007, 01:25 AM
It's always best not to rush anything as long as you have the time to do your absolute best!

Good attitude!

pwnaz0r
01-18-2007, 03:58 AM
tyvm tvm much needed badly i also dont think post count is very impotrant =)

Boreas
01-18-2007, 04:01 AM
The actual number of posts is not, but their content is. We need to get to know you, maturity level, intelligence, scripting ability, helpfulness, sense of humor, everything is shown in posts.

ronny.m.p
01-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Well this was very useful. I figure seince im here i might as well ask...any idea what happend to sythe.org?

Boreas
01-20-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't know, I believe there's a thread about it somewhere.

Jhoox
01-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey thanks, it helped me.

Ejjman
01-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Good job, Boreas. I hope we can get some more people contributing, and not a bunch of "noobs" applying. :)

Boreas
01-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks. I think I see a little less useless apps now, but there are still people who manage to miss the stickys lol.

rkroxpunk
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
So basically I've got no chance at becoming a member because there's no way i can make a RS script I've read countless tutorials and I am still pretty sure i couldn't make a RS script. i understand the tutorials but I don't think i could do one for Runescape :( any suggestions?
Yes i am kind of new to SRL forums and if i ever do apply it won't be for a while but i have seen many scripts and still don't get how they work. suggestions greatly appreciated.:(

Boreas
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
The greatest journey starts with a single program new;....

It doesn't happen overnight. I think everyone was at the point where they could 'hello world' but reading a script was impossible. Bit by bit you will learn more and you'll be reading scripts like a book eventually. Look at part 1 of my FAQ (link in sig), get everything there, and look in the Massive SCAR Learning Package, in a folder called games. I started off writing scripts for those. When you are comfortable with techniques (color finding, mouse moving etc) you can move on to RS scripts. Then there are several tuts on how to write auto talkers, powerminers etc.

I think with scripting, being naturally good at math and logic etc does help a bit. But only a bit. Scripters are not born, they are made. I think anyone can learn to script, even with no previous programming experience (SCAR is my only full language).

hakeris15
01-29-2007, 10:58 AM
I got debuged ess miner now hi work good , not 3 times, now hi work for me 24H per day if some one want to download esse miner msg me ....

rkroxpunk
01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
The greatest journey starts with a single program new;....

It doesn't happen overnight. I think everyone was at the point where they could 'hello world' but reading a script was impossible. Bit by bit you will learn more and you'll be reading scripts like a book eventually. Look at part 1 of my FAQ (link in sig), get everything there, and look in the Massive SCAR Learning Package, in a folder called games. I started off writing scripts for those. When you are comfortable with techniques (color finding, mouse moving etc) you can move on to RS scripts. Then there are several tuts on how to write auto talkers, powerminers etc.

I think with scripting, being naturally good at math and logic etc does help a bit. But only a bit. Scripters are not born, they are made. I think anyone can learn to script, even with no previous programming experience (SCAR is my only full language).

ok thx but i don't know if you can still get Massive SCAR Learning Package anywhere all links i saw were dead. who wrote it? sorry but yeah i am uber n00b :) so yeah o well i'll do my best to learn this crazy thingy.
thx again.

yup the links on FAQ #1 are both dead....oh well. BTW if anyone for some really weird reason wanted to help me make a script and go through it with me 1 on 1 PM me rofl or email at rkroxpunk@hotmail.com

Boreas
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
hakeris... huh???

rk try this http://villu-reborn.com/showthread.php?t=6115
if that doesn't work ask someone else to upload, because I'm not doing it again lol

rkroxpunk
02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
lmfao......don't work either but don't worry i'll get off my ass and figure out myself you've helped enough noobies like me by the looks of things and aren't getting much back in return so don't worry........ty anyway.
rk

therealjdb
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Nice guide ;) Although when I applied yesterday it was my first post, I should've posted a few more times :o

martijntjuh
02-07-2007, 06:40 AM
thanks this will help me i already applyed but i didn't get accepted so i'll try to work harder on my SRL scripts and work a few days on it and stuff so it will be a awesome script i'm working on a tut island scritp now it's on my other computer that got crashed so i got to start over
thanks boreas(h)

Boreas
02-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Nice guide ;) Although when I applied yesterday it was my first post, I should've posted a few more times :o

The post count is primarily to get to know applicants. You had posts on other sites and darky knew you.

thanks this will help me i already applyed but i didn't get accepted so i'll try to work harder on my SRL scripts and work a few days on it and stuff so it will be a awesome script i'm working on a tut island scritp now it's on my other computer that got crashed so i got to start over
thanks boreas(h)

Np. You can still do the tut island if you want, but make sure you demonstrate you know player switching and antirandoms, like with a power chopper/miner etc.

Westside Rep
02-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Omg I didn't Bookmark the page where I applied... How do I get there? And I need some help with the script I'm making. Something in my script is wrong (Runtime Error, right when I get to login... ummmm. And if the applications are only viewable by SRL Members, Can Someone get me the link?

Boreas
02-12-2007, 04:08 AM
http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5854
http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/scripting-help-f140.html

JAD
02-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks Boreas for making this, I have been wondering how to become a member, and I'm thinking of subscribing pretty soon. I'll be ready with all the DO's and hopefully none of the DONT'S lol.

EDIT: YES!!!! I'm a Lesser Demon!! finally, lol. I hated that title chicken :P

neG
03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for this.
Im gonna submit an application in the not to distant future.
But Im not sure if any of the scripts I have made so far are complicated enough.. They are rather simple, but get the job done.
But they still have multiplayer/antirandom/antiban and SRL.

Is it worth trying anyway?

Boreas
03-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Release it in the free scripts section, and if members post good job etc then you got a chance.

tylanbo
03-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Nice, wish I saw this page the first time I sent in my application ... =)

I reccomend showing a notice such as this on the actual application form if you are having issues with applicants. Thanks though :)

Boreas
03-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Yea I've been wishing that for a while lol.

rkroxpunk
03-14-2007, 10:03 AM
would you be able to apply with a powerminer? i'm actually getting not too bad at scripting but god no matter how accurately i follow a radialwalking tut i can never get it to work perfectly

Boreas
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Yea powerminer with multiplayer, antirandoms, standards, and original functions (like a rock finding procedure that isn't just findobj) will do it.

rkroxpunk
03-17-2007, 03:58 AM
peasy

gsquare567
03-17-2007, 09:43 PM
heres a great question: whats the point of a search button that gives you results of 10+ pages and doesnt tell you which one to look at? honestly.

Boreas
03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
huh?

IEatJ00erBaybees
03-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Alright. I know some of the standards and logic. I know the idea behind player-switching, and should be able to write something that uses it. And to learn SRL, I should read the SRL includes? AntiRandoms I think I know at least, I've read a tutorial on them.

Eventually, it'll all come together, and I can become an SRL Member :P. It'll take some determination though.

Oh, and does anybody know some of those downloadable tutorials? They were good for my families cottage, where we don't have internet. Like SCAR Tutorial.exe, used that last year. Is there anymore?
EDIT: Janilabo's Massive SCAR Learning Package I noticed in the first post. I'll try it out soon, I need to go now though :P

Boreas
03-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Yea, definitely read through SRL so you make use of the functions.

There's another downloadable one. Check section 1 of my FAQ, red 'new'

IEatJ00erBaybees
03-22-2007, 01:17 AM
That's where I found it from yesterday :)

I'm on my mom's cpu, she'd kill me if I put anything on here. I just built a gaming rig, or a cheap one, today. I'll put it on that..

3Garrett3
04-06-2007, 08:42 PM
well.. I am pretty sure that i meet most of the requirements, if not all, But i just am not sure,, I dont wanna rush cause i dont wanna get rejected, and im not sure how good the script has to work..? the one i have in my siggy would probably be the one that i would use, but im not sure if it is good enough. I sure as heck dont wanna get rejected, thats just the way i am. Could somebody tell me if they think i am ready for it?

me_ntal
04-28-2007, 03:18 AM
In terms of members are they required to vote? cause on my last two only twenty people voted.

Boreas
04-28-2007, 04:15 AM
No. 20 is a lot

me_ntal
04-28-2007, 04:25 AM
Well there you go, Ive read through this but i think the main problem i keep getting knocked back is my script so im writing a new one.

PwNZoRNooB
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks Boreas for this tut, this comes in handy. (bookmarked :p )

Dan Cardin
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM
can u submit a script that was made by you and sum1else?

or can u just put both peoples names to be members...

or can u just not do it?

Boreas
04-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Make on by yourself, and give credits (and get permission) to all functions you borrowed. Make sure most of them are yours, we want to see your scripting ability.

belgin fish
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Well im currently working on a few scripts im going to choose the best and use it to try to get in i know i have a low post count but i will try :)

Dunceiam
04-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm not really sure that I'm ready to apply. For instance, I'm working on a script for outside of Runescape. And as of now, I only have Clickmouse, Wait's,MoveMouseSmooth, loops in there. Eventually as I move on and learn more, I'll add bitmaps, and anything else that I learn to it :). It's around 100 or so lines at the moment. Would it be good enough even if I don't have randoms, multi-player? (Stuped Spam is helping me out quite a lot with it :) with standards, and errors that I can't find out whats wrong with it, also with teaching me about loops :))

All the other Do's I think I'm pretty good with, except I'm not sure if I'm well known around this forum yet :).

-Dunceiam

3Garrett3
04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
you have 550 posts and you arnt known? Even some people know me and i only have 350 or something :p

Dunceiam
04-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, most of those posts are in Draynor Netter (Dankness) or threads in the "Waste of time" forum. So only really 3/4's of my posts are important. The rest are just random posts :).

-Dunceiam

Aje
04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the information, lets me know when im ready to apply...

Thanks for them links too..

Boreas
05-01-2007, 02:59 AM
np

I'm not really sure that I'm ready to apply. For instance, I'm working on a script for outside of Runescape. And as of now, I only have Clickmouse, Wait's,MoveMouseSmooth, loops in there. Eventually as I move on and learn more, I'll add bitmaps, and anything else that I learn to it :). It's around 100 or so lines at the moment. Would it be good enough even if I don't have randoms, multi-player? (Stuped Spam is helping me out quite a lot with it :) with standards, and errors that I can't find out whats wrong with it, also with teaching me about loops :))

All the other Do's I think I'm pretty good with, except I'm not sure if I'm well known around this forum yet :).

-Dunceiam

You have enough posts so that we can see your character, maturity, etc etc. You don't need to be famous.

You need anti randoms and multiplayer at the very least.

me_ntal
05-01-2007, 04:39 AM
ive developed my own anti-ban but ive simply used findfastrandoms and findnormal randoms is this shunned upon?

Boreas
05-01-2007, 05:20 AM
No. Whatever you use, use it well.

Dunceiam
05-01-2007, 11:01 AM
So, scripts outside of RS shouldn't be used for your application? Considering that you don't need randoms outside of RS.:p

-Dunceiam

Boreas
05-02-2007, 05:34 AM
Short answer, Yes that's correct.

SCAR can be used for things other than RS, but SRL was designed for RS, and most (if not all) of the threads in member section pertain to RS.

Non RS apps have to be extremely good to get in. Free standing apps (programs you make just using SCAR's forms, such as Kaitniek's Bejeweled) have a better chance than scripts designed for other games that voters aren't familiar with.

Adamb_135
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Nice guide thanks, ill be applying soon :)

Dan Cardin
05-11-2007, 11:02 AM
hey ..i have a question: should i post my script beforehand and post it in the member form thing after, or should i just put it in the form?

Boreas
05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes posting a script before is a great way to get feedback.

vikrant60
05-12-2007, 01:23 AM
hey thx dude so i'm goingt to learn how to write a skript now thx so much b8ter

Torrent of Flame
05-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Ill start writing scripts then =D

script dump ur m0m
05-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Very helpful.

i just need to learn scripting now 0o
Already got some relatively simple/original script ideas.

There's a few typos in there.. bugging me.

(0'0)

Dan Cardin
05-24-2007, 11:32 PM
does not knowing ne other languages kill ur chances at all? when u say scar script u mean was creates for scar right

Boreas
05-25-2007, 12:29 AM
SCAR is my first (and really only) fully fluent language.

Dan Cardin
05-26-2007, 12:21 AM
k ty...i would have failed if i had to know another language

nght spud
05-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Just out of interest, how low is a low post count? I made some scripts I consider decent and original with my own functions, but I have a very low post count, and no Radial Walk or banking.

Inf456
05-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Thank you. This really helped me out. Once i really start understanding scripting, I will make some scripts and later apply :). Right now, i am learning HTML (Almost done lol, its not really that hard, and its fun.)

Tazzie 02
06-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Thanks a heap for this guide! I will apply as soon as I have learnt more.
Thanks again.

Tazzie

evilwalrus
06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
thanks a bunch, i needed a guide like this

psychoson
06-22-2007, 01:31 AM
ty for tut ;) i wanna apply soon im working on a varrock powerminer...still got a few bugs to work out i got just about everything from jads tut except banking (guess thats because its a powerminer lol). I wanna make it the best i can before i apply.:D

ShowerThoughts
07-28-2007, 08:23 AM
you need like 95 % of teh sript isself but standard things like srl and antiban you may use from others if i looked the aply forum thingy good

Ejjman
07-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Add link to Driger's Tut.exe and the Script Massive helper package. ;)

Nose Smasher
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Thank you very much Boreas! I'm downloading Janilabo's Massive SCAR Learning Package right now, and I'm actually reading Driger's Tutorial.exe ATM! I'm getting to know SCAR a little more, and I can't wait to become an awesome scripter! :D

I'm assuming knowing (atleast a little of) another language will help with becoming a member?? {I'm learning a little bit Java ATM also...}

Thanks again.

Boreas
08-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Languages that are closer to pascal help more, but it can't hurt.

Nose Smasher
08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I can understand that. :p

I just need to learn Java for non SRL related things, just wondering if it helped with a membership at all.

bet mtv
08-10-2007, 04:23 PM
i probly should have read that before i aplied lol.

Boreas
08-11-2007, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I can understand that. :p

I just need to learn Java for non SRL related things, just wondering if it helped with a membership at all.

It won't really help with your app, but it makes learning another language easier, you already know what variable means etc.

born to macro
08-11-2007, 02:43 PM
nice guide

dark4mdawn
08-11-2007, 08:58 PM
nice really needed might apply for srl member soon

viece
08-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks this guide has helped me out a lot. I have bee looking through the other tutorials for a while now so I think I'm ready to make my first script =).

dark4mdawn
08-19-2007, 01:15 AM
yea awesome nice guide lines

faster789
09-03-2007, 03:07 AM
u know how u said dont copy scripts rite? when we i apply for members am i allowed to get a little part of a script just say like that anti randoms of a person and credit them? im just askin cuz many membs take other script parts and credit them..

Boreas
09-03-2007, 03:28 AM
A little bit is fine if your credit (next to each procedure you use).

rdk
09-03-2007, 03:58 AM
looks like i have a bit of work to do.

sjlou
09-03-2007, 05:02 AM
i might aply soon
when i know more about scripting
(working on a powerchopper atm)

ywev
09-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I really do not think the post count is working well. I will reply to this, however it seems by having a post requirement, you will end up with rubbish than good topics. Quality is always preferred over quantity, well I guess unless your scripting a boring task in runescape, however, you still need a quality script to perform the actions.

Boreas
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I should note that this guide is about becoming an SRL Member, not a Junior SRL Member. SRL Members get a lot more than Junior SRL Members, and so every app from JSRL->SRL is looked over manually, by many people. When someone applies for SRL Member, all of their posts are read. If it is found that they spammed their way into JSRL, they won't get into SRL (and will probably be demoted from JSRL).

c130guy
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Why isn't there a pay option to becoming a member?

Starblaster100
09-05-2007, 02:33 PM
This site concentrated on learning rather than anything else.

If you learn more, you will be rewarded with more.

If you would like to pay for SRL member status, Donate $10000000000000000 to the SRL site and i will gladly make you one. :D

Sumilion
09-05-2007, 02:58 PM
This site concentrated on learning rather than anything else.

If you learn more, you will be rewarded with more.

If you would like to pay for SRL member status, Donate $10000000000000000 to the SRL site and i will gladly make you one. :D

Im sure $1000000 will get you there too :)

kornthebldgd
09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey, all my posts got reset, so should i get my post count back up before i try applying.
Thanks,
Korn

King Monkfish
09-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Ok i will work on that then.

mihkel50
09-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Now i know =).

Ermalz
09-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks ill keep this in mind since i just joined.

puredragonnn
09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Thank you very much this helps me a lot and I will do more posting before i enter. Also the advice on more help on scripting is very helpful to.

MaYhem
09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks also im going to be a master scripter one day:D
'

But still I can't understand how to be a member??? Im not the best in english, know only basic words.

qasim11
09-14-2007, 07:32 PM
this is a good tut thanks for this :)

AsainOwnz
09-16-2007, 11:58 PM
thanks

Julza
09-17-2007, 10:24 PM
How would you say whats a good post - bad post?

rashidi
09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Okay this is problay answerd a few times but i have to go in 10 minutes. So plz help me out here.

What kind of language is used in scar scripting?

I can do some nice webdesign with php, html and etc is it something like that? for example vbscript c++ that kind of stuff

second are there some good books which you can use to get even better?

Im gettin my own room 2 computers and a lot of free time so (in 1 week). And maybe this komes in handy in the future

Just dont flame on me im being a "serious noob":D

sleziak
09-23-2007, 01:27 PM
ty

matviy
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
well, atleast now i know what to aim for

john smith
09-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Nice tut, however i don't really need to be reading it, i need to grasp a better understanding of script development b4 i worry bout bein a member

purelife131
09-27-2007, 08:41 PM
What are the benefits of becomming a SRL-member?

crunkdood23
09-29-2007, 11:46 PM
ok now im simply not an ultra noob (ty Boreas)
and the ummm applying im not quite getting how u apply?

§hãttêrëd Rèƒlé¢tîøñ
09-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up before I apply. I really want to get better at scripting and eventually make a script I would use all the time.

bmoz
09-30-2007, 05:24 AM
been here quite a while just need 1 more post for junior member :P used to use sky's smelter smelted at leased 10k steel with it im also working on a multi superheater if there isnt a decent one already on.

JuvenileHall
10-01-2007, 09:50 PM
I would like to be a member to get the Cow Killer / Hide Banker, is their anyway I can get it? If not then thanks for even answering me.

toxicf
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
DON'T rush it. This ties in with the above 3.

it doesn't really matter, but i think its 4 now
i hate Capitalizing and apostrophes...

Victim14
10-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice guide!

nerdy
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Ty, that was so helpfull for me.

s1thslay3r0
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
great tut, but do u know any good guides for scripting for scar 3.12 the ones i found are still using 3.11

runeman11
10-13-2007, 02:25 AM
it would definately help to have an official rulebook that everyone has to read before becoming a member....

HellBoyz
10-13-2007, 02:31 AM
great tut, but do u know any good guides for scripting for scar 3.12 the ones i found are still using 3.11

It's still valid for future version.

it would definately help to have an official rulebook that everyone has to read before becoming a member....

ya probably should have in future i've seen that style alots in other forum

gamer 5
10-13-2007, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the guide ill keep it in mind!

br@@k
10-14-2007, 09:44 AM
thanks dudes

tckaile
10-23-2007, 07:34 AM
just one question, for future reference....how do you apply?

I've looked all over and can't find it but i'm still a noob when it comes to even forums...i've been too them just never got advanced at them.

EDIT: Nvm after my probationary period or whatever i see it now thx anyway!

VonKnorring
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Nice to see you guys are so open to new people. When AR was going you had to really fight your way into the community, if you ever found it in the first place. I might even start hanging around here some, even though its Shit Compared to... :P

maywyue
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
nice guide :D
just as i was wondering what should i do. thanks

nerdy
10-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Why I'm not junior member? :confused:
I have +10 posts and joined 10-7

Runescapian321
10-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Why I'm not junior member? :confused:
I have +10 posts and joined 10-7

Check and see if you can see the Jr. Member sections (ex. Srl Junior Member scripts). If not then one sec I'll check to see if your posts were helpful and not just spam.

EDIT: Yup, most were spam. When you say 'good script' or something like that, prove it. Post some proggies, some things you like about it, some ideas to make it better etc.

That's probably the reason you're not Jr. Member yet.

supadude
10-30-2007, 05:33 AM
thanks im guna work on practising a bit more i'll apply once i get a bit better at scripting and maybe get a bit more active on these forums first

noahthepoo
10-30-2007, 06:29 AM
what is considerd low post count and also what is leecher im only started all this 2 days ago im really new thx for help guys

noahthepoo
10-30-2007, 06:31 AM
how do i try to apply and where do i try to do that??

Effekt
11-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Ill have a go at writing a script soonish.

xxpu3xx24
11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
thanks

mark9510
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
i think my post count is pretty good plus im active cause i submit like 10 posts a day

obdukt
11-15-2007, 06:52 AM
it sure helps me to follow the rules :)

marker
11-19-2007, 06:53 PM
well nice gudie i needed this thx :)

cj20
11-23-2007, 12:53 PM
we can only hope to aspire

mageboy46
11-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Alot of This is common sence lol.

naruto430
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
This is more harder than i thought T_T, the Massive SCAR Learning Package v2 is a bit hard to get but is explain it all... I feel like reading again my Visual Basic 2005 again :p

supadude
12-08-2007, 05:07 AM
I see what you mean about the post count i try to answer my questions on my own before i post them so my post count is fairly low but i have been on here for a while.

i lol i
12-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I thought this was a tut on how to sign up for the site..i thought isnt it sort of useless to make a tut you can't see until you DO log in?

cocainE
12-16-2007, 09:29 AM
im going to read this VERY closely **pulls out notebook**

Cameron4811
12-22-2007, 09:41 PM
nice guide, im sort of new and it really helped me know what to do and what not to do, thanks

Datakovis
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Need to keep those in mind...

blingbling
12-23-2007, 07:42 PM
hi im new but im trying to get excepted. i read that if u wrote pretty good scripts u probably get excepted,But would if u have no clue how to write 1??? what can u do to get axcepted :cartman: then?

L3ss Than 33
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
hi im new but im trying to get excepted. i read that if u wrote pretty good scripts u probably get excepted,But would if u have no clue how to write 1??? what can u do to get axcepted :cartman: then?

You can LEARN... using the tut mentioned in the actual article (if you actually read it). Then probably mention that in your application and they will be more lenient in ripping apart your script ;) .

Another thing: I'm currently learning from tuts and other scripts. I am going to start working on my first script soon. I was just wondering, when I'm finished, do i post it in the "Free For All Scripts" section? Or where?

tylying213
12-24-2007, 03:05 AM
im no member but i do have a dont to add: dont become a member to get all the benifites or member-only scripts

become a member to help others and help the community with your skills (member only scripts are just a perk to keep you happy):)

Sfts3
12-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I'll add this too my favourites, i only feel 5% ready to submit as a member

still a lil newbie chicken

Clashfan
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Heh. Suppose I should try and get my SRL member status back, since it was strangely removed from my account >_>. Not that I'm complaining, I never really contributed anything here and simply being here at the beginning shouldn't entitle me to anything.

massive630
01-09-2008, 04:04 AM
thanx i realy think this will help me

pizzownage
01-10-2008, 12:45 AM
i know this is nooby, and i HAVE looked. by the way this is for later... how/where do you "submit an application"?
thanks
pizzownage

please pm me or post here

mithdollum
01-17-2008, 12:53 AM
thanks for letting us no

skylerblue12
02-13-2008, 03:53 AM
i think this will help me later on
thank you!

ryanbaron
02-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks this just inspired me to learn alot more about scripting A+++ :D

kickin wing8
02-24-2008, 06:25 AM
could sum1 tell me how to get my i.d. thing so i can do scripts?

shrubie1
02-26-2008, 07:04 AM
this will help many newcomers so great job

HellBoyz
02-27-2008, 01:19 AM
could sum1 tell me how to get my i.d. thing so i can do scripts?

Just register yourself at http://www.stats.srl-forums.com/

andrewrox424
03-01-2008, 02:40 AM
this will help clear things up

shrubie1
03-01-2008, 04:13 AM
thanks for this its really answered some questions for me

kingstun
03-10-2008, 12:08 PM
thank you for this tut

xbox490
03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
thank big help

fir3com
03-28-2008, 11:29 PM
This gives me some direction of what I should expect to do. Give credit, learn, question and contribute will be my start.

This is useful for me right now.

ryanhoffman5
05-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Okay now i certainly see why there would be an application process here and it is actually a rather good idea allowing current members to decide on the new ones. Yet, one problem i have been having is that for the past few days i have been downloading scar, didn't work, uninstalling, re-downloading scar, worked, read some tutorials, got SRL finally, got the includes done, did more tuts, finally got scar all set up. Then the script problem started... honest to god i think this may be one of the only sites (or good sites) for scripts on the internet. Now i am a dedicated bot user so i will keep at it till i make it work, but i think much of the community that would thrive here is turned away due to the difficulty to actually make SCAR work. On one hand this is good, turns away the people you don't need, but on the other hand, people who get frustrated who could have been great scripters some day may be turned away due to the lack of ease in actually getting SCAR to work for the first time.

I have been thinking about how to make this easier for some people. Perhaps a buddy system where new members are given a member to watch over them, get to know them, send them a PM once in a while and help with learning all about SCAR. This may seem tedious to some members but i think it would really help the community here giving it a more personal feel for new members.

It's just food for thought :)

Nice post though, i'm doing my best to get all the DO's and not the DON'Ts lol

stewiemaniac
05-05-2008, 12:14 AM
i need an instructor pl0x

jakeytheninja
05-25-2008, 11:42 AM
hey could someone tell me how 2 get my srl ID No.

jakeytheninja
05-25-2008, 11:50 AM
hey could someone tell me how 2 get my srl ID No.

jose89
05-28-2008, 04:08 PM
All I can access at this moment is Free for all Scripts, I originally came to this board to get some good scripts for runescape and for private use only, I was told that this forum had the best scripts.

I can understand the code a bit since I took 2 years of programming in school .vbnet and java.

I remember reading something about being able to see the banker/gatherer scripts after 1 week, but I don't see them. Do i need to write a script to see that section?

Shady?
05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Nice guide, i think i'm going to apply next week.

finnigan
06-07-2008, 05:48 PM
nice thanks

adnankaj
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
thanks for posting this thread =]

ZiiGaa
06-27-2008, 08:54 PM
thanks, this was useful :)

Butlerjones1
06-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Thx for thread, wish I had the motivation to get good at scripting, lol.

Scaper
06-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Thx for thread, wish I had the motivation to get good at scripting, lol.

it's not exactly hard once you know the basic of it read beginer totorials

StriK.eR
06-29-2008, 04:31 AM
Thanks, I was wondering how many posts you needed, because i became a member a while ago, but i never got to posting because i quit runescape shortly after becomming a member.. but just rejoined back into it :D

edit: oops >.> ment to post this on how to become a srl jr member thread =P

ill read what you posted here though right now :D

reflux
07-27-2008, 08:23 PM
thanks, I think i'll use these in the future...

jose89
08-12-2008, 01:32 AM
I will try this!

Magiic
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
yeah :P my script is coming underway atm its in beta testing and such this was obviously the first place i reffered to for the things i would need its awesome :)

ScarUser rar
09-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks Boreas :) This thread was really helpful, but wow there's a lot to do. I have a question: I see a lot of peoples "monsters" as things like Chicken to King Black Dragon, and i saw one that was a "lesser Demon", how do i raise from being a chicken, to something better? :D

simple skill
09-24-2008, 10:31 PM
thanks for this post ive been learning to script over the last few days as my friend said the scripts are better once you become a membe so i think ill raise my post count now befor applying so that i dont wast peoples time.

sorry i havent read the whole 10 pages lol, but did it say anywhere what a good ammout of posts is to apply?

BanditX
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
ok ty, ill try to get informed :(h):

Do learn the concepts of Pascal first to better help yourself understand how SCAR and SRL work. Maybe?

LMAO!!!

Minkino
10-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Nice tut although the links wouldve have been nice butoh well can have everything lol.

jakeyboy29
10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
got to get my head into scripting now.

gl3nni
10-05-2008, 06:28 PM
it's not exactly hard once you know the basic of it read beginer totorials

Its HARD!

Im 14, cant really get a lot. Gonna take coding at highschool i think

Seroko
10-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Also.

DON'T apply with reflection unless its fully backed with colors <_< which is basically making two scripts.

AlexanderTheGreat
10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
K thx, I was wondering about it

david493
10-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I am a SRL member woot.

snoker
11-04-2008, 07:47 AM
nice guide DUDE... =]

Nose Smasher
11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Question:

The script that I want to apply with is 1000+ lines :p can I jus attach it or do I really need to rap it in SCAR tags and post it in the form?

Boreas
11-08-2008, 04:56 AM
Attach, SCAR tags have auto scrolling.

Nose Smasher
11-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Attach, SCAR tags have auto scrolling.

I know, I applied already ;)

Fayasmm
12-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Cleared some stuff up. Was planning to make my own script, will definatly do it faster now.

Fayasmm

anandacote
12-24-2008, 03:15 AM
Good stuff!
I have quit playing Runescape for a while now, but decided to get involved again just to learn how to make scripts. The part that fascinates me is the scripting and the smart people behind it, not so much the playing. Its a mystery that i must solve...Ive just learned what needed to be done to really make a difference.
So thanks a lot!!! Give me a few months and you will hear from me again...

Ananda

hrh
01-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks!
puts things into perspective i guess, this along with the other guides on how to get into members..adding upto be quite important info, i know i have a low post count, so my chances arent as likely to get in, but i will try and submit my script (over half complete :D) when i get some more posts, and uhhm do i need to show more than 1 script, or would bt script i made be good enough if it shows sufficient and maybe more qualities needed in a script?

ian.
01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
you only have to submit one script, but if it doesn't show everything that's needed, make another simpler script (or advance script, doesn't matter really, advance would be better I would think) that shows that you can actually do the parts that your missing.

matthijsc
01-17-2009, 03:02 PM
thx for the tut. I really want to be a member now and learning scar/srl. seems like a lot of fun. :P
thanks for the effort in to you tut

ttugamer
02-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Thank you for this guide. I was wondering how to become a member. I figured you just applied after 10 posts and a week. I was wrong though so thanks. Im reading lots of tuts because i want to make a range ogre killing script, then i will probably apply. Does anyone know any good tuts for this purpose?

1337w33d
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Thank you for this guide. I was wondering how to become a member. I figured you just applied after 10 posts and a week. I was wrong though so thanks. Im reading lots of tuts because i want to make a range ogre killing script, then i will probably apply. Does anyone know any good tuts for this purpose?

That's what I did with some script I made after reading a few guides. I submitted it outdated. >_< Way to fail eh.
I felt so dumb for that... currently working on something good. ^_^

2pac
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
good point learned alot from this thank you...

Bionicle
09-20-2009, 05:04 AM
great, but im just wondering, how long do the memb app poles usualy go for before they are either accepted/rejected?

Brain
09-20-2009, 05:05 AM
depends on the number of votes and how they are distributed.

Griff
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
great, but im just wondering, how long do the memb app poles usualy go for before they are either accepted/rejected?

Usually two weeks, but can change depending on the application.

Starbridge
11-12-2009, 02:08 PM
How many posts is considered a decent amount before applying?

Floor66
11-12-2009, 02:40 PM
That doesn't matter, as long as you have sufficient scripting skills ;)

Main
11-12-2009, 08:42 PM
You actually don't have to post at all (although it would be weird). As long as you make your own leet script, (leet enough to become srl member), you can apply.

NEVER COPY SCRIPTS! We have like 100+ guys looking after plagiarized scripts, so don't even try. Because you won't be able to apply again after you've applied with a plagiarized script.

cycrosism
11-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Also, please don't apply with 0 post count and no script, it gets really annoying

Bionicle
11-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Also, please don't apply with 0 post count and no script, it gets really annoying

the fact that hes got 93 posts kind of makes that impossible...just putting that out there :p

p s u d
09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
very helpful i will take a look at those scripting tuts.

putonajonny
11-28-2011, 06:55 PM
What sort of factors are reliant today for applying?

[XoL]
11-29-2011, 10:12 PM
I am pretty confident the same factors that were required to join back when ever you are referring to are the same as they are now.

The post seems like it gets updated when something is needing change.

Rob0222
12-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Is there any way to donate to the community to become an SRL member? :)

Smidqe
12-10-2011, 07:22 PM

No.

Only thing you would get from donation is SRL Donator cup.

PatDuffy
12-10-2011, 07:24 PM

No, as said, but you can get the cool trophy like mine :p

LemonHaze
12-12-2011, 02:57 PM
i'm currently learning the basics, maybe I will apply in a few months.

hervens
12-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Hello

Could a moderator/vip member please promote me to an srl member?
I haven't released any scripts yet, but I'm currently doing a bachelor degree in software engineering, so I'll be able to release some pretty nice scripts for you guys once I get up to speed with srl.

Thanks

Hobbit
12-13-2011, 07:13 AM
DO write an SRL script. Don't write something else and say you will learn SRL after being accepted.

Point # 2 ^

Please read the thread I link you to, there is a reason I referred you here.
A lot of us are doing/have done various degrees in various fields, doesn't change the fact you need to apply with a script. :)

Please read some tuts and make a script and apply. There is no way to get into members otherwise.

Main
12-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Hello

I haven't released any scripts yet, but I'm currently doing a bachelor degree in software engineering, so I'll be able to release some pretty nice scripts for you guys once I get up to speed with srl.

Thanks

If you are in software engineering, scratch that, if you know programming then becoming srl member should be very easy for you :p

cycrosism
12-13-2011, 10:03 AM

That is not how it works.

'Toxin
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Hello

Thanks

Lol. uFunny. If you're in software eng(like me), you'd have no problem reading up on some scripts as examples and then going from there ;)

WT-Fakawi
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Hello

Thanks

Indeed. Quote of the Day!

Kyle Undefined
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
^ Added to my quotes lol.

'Toxin
12-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Indeed. Quote of the Day!

He's a champion. Give him Admin privileges, being in software, he must know what he's doin.

Fwabaa
12-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Well this is unfortunate haha, I don't really have any interest in learning to script or any of that. If this is a botting community you could profit a lot more off selling srl memberships, but there is no way your going to do that. This is almost like becoming a player/forum mod on any site, its hard to do and really not worth the time. Honestly, I would be happy to help with any and all bugs I have with scripts, but in no way do I have the time to write/code (whatever the lingo is) one of my own.
But, some high post count forum camper will tell me, it isn't about making money and the primary purpose of this forum isn't runescape botting. Just saying :/
-Fwabaa

RISK
12-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Hi, I'm a high-post-count-forum-camper. Money in relation to everything turns anything corrupt. This is much like politics. We have an 'Innocent' community here and we do what we have to so that we can maintain it. Powerbot and the like are and always will be corrupted cesspools due to that fact.

I believe I got in to SRL members on attitude alone. You don't always need an advanced script to get in.

Well this is unfortunate haha, I don't really have any interest in learning to script or any of that. If this is a botting community you could profit a lot more off selling srl memberships, but there is no way your going to do that. This is almost like becoming a player/forum mod on any site, its hard to do and really not worth the time. Honestly, I would be happy to help with any and all bugs I have with scripts, but in no way do I have the time to write/code (whatever the lingo is) one of my own.
But, some high post count forum camper will tell me, it isn't about making money and the primary purpose of this forum isn't runescape botting. Just saying :/
-Fwabaa

BigMaczRGood
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I heard a Soul Wars script is in development but for members only... :'(

Jhangir
12-24-2011, 01:21 AM
I hope I get in!

kevin33
12-24-2011, 01:25 AM
I hope I get in!

GL. I am going to work on my first script soon and apply after I get feedback on what to improve.

Dgby714
12-24-2011, 01:31 AM

Please don't spam. (Anymore)

oligofren
01-03-2012, 10:00 PM
hopefully the requirements for SRL membership are strict and peers look not only for quality of the script but if an applicant understands it in the smallest details

just stumbled across a guy trying to buy SRL rank
http://www.robotzindisguise.com/forum/showthread.php?13434-LF-someone-to-make-me-a-simba-script

dicin
01-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi.. so im interested in Programming.. and im thinking mabe i should start learning by doing these things.. Im really excited to do this. buts its very late tonight.. so ill start tomorrow..

DeiJaiVui
01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Does it have to be a Runescape script?

RISK
01-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Yes, it does.

Does it have to be a Runescape script?

DeiJaiVui
01-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Yes, it does.

Oh alright, thanks.

rotchy1
02-01-2012, 02:47 AM
I know its been 18 days since last post, and I do not wish to encourage grave digging and yes I have used the search function before asking.

Im curious as to where to find this Driger's Tutorial.exe? Can someone please pm me a link because i'd really love to learn scripting at my own pace and in my free time throughout this semester of college!

P.S if anyone would offer help a all pm's are accepted and appreciated :)

Thankyou!

Drax
02-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Thanks helped alot bro, hopefully i will become member.