PDA

View Full Version : Geek Squad

Ejjman
09-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Sooo I applied at Geek Squad today, filling out a really huge application. What is your opinion on that?

I'm 16 and in high school. It's right next to my house :)

Hehe.

Narcle
09-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Good fucking luck. You have a 1% chance of getting in.

And yes I'm being optimistic.

The only reason I say this is because I know someone who use to work in Geek Squad. He told me they get a ridiculous amount of applications. Also you usually have to work in the store for a fair amount of time before getting on the Geek Squad. (He had the privilege of having 1 of only 2 Geek Squad cars in all of West Michigan like 90% of the time)

Brain
09-24-2008, 06:03 AM
hmmm, aren't you the guy who didn't know anything about building your own computer a little while ago? If so, phail on the application. If not, I still doubt you will get the job :p

Especially since you live in Missoula (right?). With the big college town, they would much rather higher a college student than you.

Can't hurt to try though:rolleyes:

Raskolnikov
09-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Good luck. I don't have any experience with working, but, good luck hehe...

Cut em2 it

bullzeye95
09-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Narcle, that surprises me! The "Geek Squad" in our best buy are a bunch of idiots that don't know anything. I'm really not trying to be rude, but they really don't belong there. I could do a better job.

Harry
09-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Same as for me bullzeye. It took them 45 minutes to find that they just didn't use the correct power adapter for a laptop charger once. -.-

Ejjman, good luck, and if you get in Congrats :D

Narcle
09-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Narcle, that surprises me! The "Geek Squad" in our best buy are a bunch of idiots that don't know anything. I'm really not trying to be rude, but they really don't belong there. I could do a better job.

My friend is good at it. But he was getting sick of it. He finally got work at a pharmaceutical company as network/info computer person (idk the specifics). He way prefers it, less work and more pay.

HyperSecret
09-25-2008, 05:29 AM
The 'Geek Squad' out here in California at the Best Buy I go to, you need at least a 2 year degree going towards some computer related field. So you would need like your AA in Computer Science or something of that sort.

Ejjman
09-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the input.

@Brain, your probably right. I applied my main as games,software, which is said lifting boxes and standing 100% of the time haha. My secondary was fixing computers (I can't build them xP)