PDA

View Full Version : ur opinions

jimmy_mac
09-28-2008, 05:40 AM
hey just wondering,,
whats ur opinion on rsbot?
just wondering how rsbot stacks up against scar.
xo

orange
09-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Don't see why people are using it tbh, what's the point when you've got scar that has a much bigger community. I think the only reason rsbot is being used and talked about so much is because they're all over it on sythe, with all the retarded kiddies who don't know how to start a scar script.. :/

Also, rsbot hacks the game client, surely this makes it much more detectable?

MylesMadness
09-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Pros:
Rsbot is faster

Cons:
Hacks the client so it is slightly more detectably
Community is a almost 100% leecher community.

sirlaughsalot
09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
You can do so many things with SCAR its unbelievable not to mention having a good community is an enourmous +, although i have never used RSBot...

noidea
09-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Got my army banned. What do you think of that ;)

MylesMadness
09-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Got my army banned. What do you think of that ;)I think you abused it and used crapy scripts.

walls4wi
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Rsbot is faster but more detectable so i prefer SRL any day

boomerswims
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
scar is much better than rsbot, and there are so many tuts and resources for it.

noidea
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
I think you abused it and used crapy scripts.

I used Linux Communists Rimmington Miner for a week. Like 3 Hours a day (?).

Level 29's-45's, and there were 6 of 'em.

Heavenzeyez1
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
RSBot is not "crap" as some people have stated, but everyone have their options, too.
Anyway, I've used RSBot, it worked like a charm, but the community is disaster imo.
RSBot->1 char bot(depends on pc, too).
RSBot->Hacks the client.
~Eerik~

jimmy_mac
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
kk fair enuf..
there is mass hype on sythe and rsbot website about rsbot2.. but i think ill stick to this community, as you guys have said, its wayyy betr.
thanks for all the replies
jim

Hack
09-29-2008, 12:11 AM
I've noticed that RSBot has a lot more leechers and users hardly knowing anything about what they are doing but clicking Run, it's gaining users faster then SCAR becasue it's easier to use for idiot's who don't understand how to run SCAR scripts and how to automaticly download SRL. RSBot will be patched soon engouth because of the way it "hacks the game client", unlike SCAR, which can never be patched. :)

Daniel
09-29-2008, 01:32 AM
It doesn't hack the client. ;)

NiCbaZ
09-29-2008, 03:58 AM
It doesn't hack the client. ;)

Yes it does, what it does is a type of client hacking ;)

tank phobia
09-29-2008, 08:54 AM
There have been several reports of 10 day bans for using 3rd party software when using rsbot, that in itself is significant but as everyone has said the community is frail and the developer base is nothing like that of scar and srl.

jimmy_mac
09-29-2008, 01:31 PM
i think another reason for the rsbot attraction is that all the scripts are built in to the client. Most scripts are free and are easy to get. Though i agree with the srl way of having to become a jnr member first b4 seeing scripts to decrease people who are noobs and just want to leech. if that makes sense.

thanks for all the replies. appreciate it.
jimmy

MylesMadness
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
It doesn't hack the client. ;)Can you stay out of conversations that you don't know anything about? kthxbai.

GoF
09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately RSBot = LeecherBot. Plus it's 1000x times easier so it's more appealing to noobs.

Yes, it is faster, but due to the easiness of scripting and high leechyness (oh lawds, a new word) the scripts aren't too high quality, as in they easily get stuck repeating stuff etc. and barely any have any failsafes, but not saying this as if all of the scripts were like this, but many are.. Infact there are only a few people there that can actually make decent scripts that won't go weird and get you banned/flagged and that won't make you /facepalm when you look at it after approx. 2 hours of running and notice that after 30 minutes the bot got stuck and since then has repeatedly clicked some part of the screen until RS logs the account out and after that automatic "Logged out, logging back in." logs the account back in to have this be repeated for hours which is 99% ban..

Another thing that RSBot lacks is multiplayer. It would be a 1000 times better if you could have 3 RSBot's running, each with it's own 6-8 player mining/woodcutting etc. army or whatever you'd like than running 1 account for hours and hours and hours...

My conclusion: add better scripters (aka. make people more aware of failsafes etc.), multiplayer and maybe work on the community a bit and it'll be awesome.

n3ss3s
09-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Remember people, don't call the bot shit if all the scripts for it are shit. I see that every time I go into a SCAR vs Nexus or RSBot conversation, people complaining about all scripts for SCAR are outdated, but that, isn't a valid argument.

Now, I find it epic that this would be the 3rd thread within a month I'd post the same lecture about Injection and Reflection, the first one being also known as 'client hacking', or bots using it referred to as 'BCEL Bots', so, search for "injection" and you should find some recent posts, mostly from the 'RSBot Story' and 'RSBot and BCEL' threads.

lanboyo
09-30-2008, 10:04 PM
It is a decent bot, and not as mercenary as nexus, but the community is just not there, and there are long gaps when it fails to work.

TravisV10
10-01-2008, 01:01 AM
I like RSBot and its fun to watch your character bot 24/7. (I know I'm not supposed to don't flame ;) )

I used to think the community was bad when I first saw it and now its TERRIBLE. OMG is it terrible. Like its worse then anyone has ever said it was. The site isn't even up now.

IMO (once again dont flame) iBot sucks. Well, the lite version at least. I could never get an outside script to run. Its prolly because I'm not good with compiling or Vista is gay, but still.

RSBot 2 is going to change RS botting. Soooo many more botters are going to pop up. Its like nexus pro but much better and with client hacking.

BTW, I have a thread that talks allll about this. :\

atlanta788
10-12-2008, 01:18 AM
scar got me playin rs after they took out pkin and the trade deficits. some of the smart programs are just awsome. ILU SCAR