PDA

View Full Version : AutoTalker Project

Blender
10-17-2008, 09:39 PM
This is one of my first posts, but I want to start an autotalking scar script project. If anyone would like to contribute, please take this basic script and do anything to it so it can talk like a person. (I want to make a YouTube video of an auto having a conversation with some dude.)

procedure HandlePlayerChat;
begin

if InChat('') then
begin
case Random(7) of
0: TypeSend('');
1: TypeSend('');
2: TypeSend('');
3: TypeSend('');
4: TypeSend('');
5: TypeSend('');
6: TypeSend('');
end;
Sleep(2000 + Random(1000));
end;
end;

PLEASE EDIT THIS SCRIPT AND RE-POST IT!
THANKS!

Aser
11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
That is going to be impossible to do very good... sorry for the shoot down but the only way to do it would be to use the GetText function and having a response linked to each input

If GetText('one thing they might say');
then TypeSend('the reply to (one thing they might say)');
else end;

You would need one of these for every possible input possible... and unless there is a tolerance on this (which I don't think there is)

one thing they might say

is different than

one thing they might say.

So there would be an infinite number of things that you would have to be able to reply to and the order would change things.

I'm not sure if that is the exact way to use GetText but I hope it conveys the basic idea...

Hugolord
11-03-2008, 09:13 PM
You mean an auto-responder?

There are some pretty nice functions that people have posted here and there. Maybe you should check those out and advanced from there.

benjaa
11-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Add errors!

Pretty sure theres an include for it now

PoPC0rN
01-05-2009, 06:52 AM
im working on something like this now, but its for clan chats :P

NCDS
01-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Add errors!

Pretty sure theres an include for it now

indeed there is
TypeSend(AddMistakes('thieve lvl?',20));
:)

HotColes
01-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Ya, compensation of splling errors or shrtforms is a must.
With enough work though, it could potentially be incorporated into every auto scripts as an incredible antiban.