PDA

View Full Version : How to Enjoy DVD/Video/YouTube/iTunes/WMA on Mobile Phone

dudude
10-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Apart from the basic functions of calling and SMS, a mobile phone is also a pretty good multimedia player, which enables you to play games, enjoy videos and music and browse images etc., so long as the media is accepted by the specific phone. In order to know which formats the specific phone accepts, you can make a simple Google search or visit the tech specs page in the official website of the phone.

If you want to enjoy DVD movies on your mobile phone, you have to get a DVD ripping program to help you rip the DVD movies to the format (MP4, 3GP, AVI, etc.) supported by your phone. Here, I'd recommend using Clone2Go DVD Ripper (http://www.clone2go.com/products/dvdtoripper.php), which I have been using for a long time. The main reason I am fond of it is that, apart from the DVD ripping feature, it also serves as an all-in-one video converter. Plus, it allows you to download videos from YouTube.com and convert YouTube FLV videos to any other video format you need. So this DVD ripper can help you rip DVD movies to mobile phone video, convert any video to mobile phone video and even convert online YouTube video for your mobile phone. However, it is not free. It does cost you USD39.95 to register the full version. And there really exist many counterpart freewares to do so. Yet, it is well worth a try if you want to avoid the trouble of getting these programs from time to time. Here is the screenshot I captured from Clone2Go DVD Ripper.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2961164770_ee4af778f9_o.jpg

Personally speaking, due to the narrow screen, I don't like playing games or videos with my mobile phone. However, I do enjoy listening to all kinds of music with my mobile phone. If you have downloaded songs from a CD or a shareware site like Limewire, you can easily put them on your mobile phone. However, any song you purchased directly from iTunes store will not play on your phone, due that it is encrypted by DRM. I have found the easiest way is to burn the music to an audio CD and then rip it back to Windows Media Player or a similar program as an MP3. And Wordpress has a little tutorial that shows how to get MP3 files from iTunes DRM protected AAC (M4P) music (http://itunesm4ptomp3.wordpress.com/2008/07/04/how-to-convert-itunes-m4p-to-mp3-with-tuneclone/) in two different ways. One is to burn an audio CD in iTunes and then rip the CD back to MP3 as I mentioned. The other is to use a program called TuneClone, a piece of software that works extremely great for converting a large collection of DRM protected iTunes music to MP3, with the metadata of the music well preserved at the same time. Together with Windows Media Player, TuneClone can also help you get DRM protected WMA (Windows Media Audio) music converted to MP3 for your mobile phone.

At last you can get a microSD card, with which you can transfer the videos and music to your phone to enjoy them wherever you go. Of course, you can also get some software to help you transfer the output files from your PC to your phone. Many of them are available online.