PDA

View Full Version : Mining Procedure

ben123321
11-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi, I'm new to Pascal/Scar programming, I've requested help on here before, but I've come across another problem in my script and I need help with a mining procedure.

My current procedure:
I tell Scar to mine a specific rock, wait 5 or seconds or so and then find another rock to mine.

The problem is:

I want to know how to tell Scar to wait until the rock is empty before proceeding to the next ore.

If anyone can post an easy understandable tutorial on how to solve my problem, it will help me alot in my script.

Thanks. :)

bbri06
11-25-2006, 06:05 PM
could you please post your mining procedure?

Arr0w
11-25-2006, 06:07 PM
use this procedure Flag; that will wait until you have mined the rock before clicking again.

Ransom
11-25-2006, 06:09 PM
If you look at what happens when you mine there is a txt message that displays when you finish mining. 'You manage to mine some xxx' I would add that in there after the 5 seconds.

Say something like... If after 5 seconds it sees that message then find the next rock. Or if it doesn't see that message then keep mining for another 3 seconds.

Something like that would most likely work.

Pentti
11-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi, I'm new to Pascal/Scar programming, I've requested help on here before, but I've come across another problem IN MY script and I need help with a mining procedure.

your? or are you now talking about script that I gave to you?

And btw, Flag doesn't work for that...

Arr0w
11-25-2006, 06:29 PM
oh i see kk

ben123321
11-25-2006, 08:56 PM
your? or are you now talking about script that I gave to you?

And btw, Flag doesn't work for that...

No Pentti, i'm talking about my procedure, not the one you gave me as an example.

but im still looking for an example on to show me how to make Scar wait until my character has finished mining before moving to the next ore.

Pentti
11-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Its hard to make it wait until rock is mined... I have no idea right now how to do that. :D I must think about it...

Sumilion
11-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Well, wizzup and me have been working on it, and there is only 1 way to check if the rock is gone. Well 2 if you count the check if you mined it yourself, but only one that also works if someone else mined it and that is color, or DTM but that lags. I made a proc. (private) that gets the edges of the rock and made a procedure RockGone that tells the script if it found the color in that square or if its gone. I don't think there is any other way of approaching this.

ben123321
11-25-2006, 09:33 PM
ok thanks anyways Pentti,