PDA

View Full Version : [SRL][RS2]Ransom's Player Merchant 0.99

Ransom
11-25-2006, 05:58 PM
This script is a Player to Player merchant. I generally use it to buy things in small amount cheap and then sell later at high amount. So far i have it set up to work on the common things i buy/sell in bulk. Coal, Iron Ore, Steel Bars, Iron Bars, and Rune Essence. It it set up to easily be able to add more with minimal scripting. If you don't know how just request it! Will run for 1 hour or until you can no longer buy 0 items or sell 5 items.

SET COLORS CORRECTLY!

This is a release for testing mostly. It works great for me as long as i set the colors right.

Let me know what you think and ANY bugs or problems!

ry0240
11-25-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm confused does this buy from stores or people???

Pentti
11-25-2006, 06:23 PM
It buys from/sells to people.

I haven't tried this yet, but this looks like it works. :)

Arr0w
11-25-2006, 06:30 PM
cool hey if you add my msn i could amke you a form if you wanted me to.

WT-Fakawi
11-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Wow! Finally someone mastered trade! Good work. I will give this a try.

EDIT: You forgot one thing though, FindTalk! If your merchanter encouters a Random it will be lost or end up dead!

Boreas
11-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Damn, I could have used this the other day.

Looks well set up and easy to modify.

Are there randoms for just standing in a bank? I was doing it for ages the other day legit and didn't get any.

Ransom
11-25-2006, 07:44 PM

Are there randoms for just standing in a bank? I was doing it for ages the other day legit and didn't get any.

During testing i had this running for 4 hours straight several different times. I never had any randoms. I did lower the time to 1 hour and have 5 slightly different messages for advertising so it's a bit more dificult to be tracked. One part that lacks an anti-ban is after each sucessful trade is says the exact same 5 things. I will most likely change this in a later release but i didn't feel it was a necessity for a preliminary release.

Thanks for the comments!

wtf i sp4nk
11-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Wow man nice script thnx for releasing to public

Buckleyindahouse
11-26-2006, 02:08 AM
W00t, i was just about to ask if something like this was possible. If this works, you made my dreams come true. Im testing it now. W00t

Ransom
11-26-2006, 05:28 AM
Still a little rough around the edges so it's by no means perfect. I plan to add a progress report and speed up some of the code. I will most likely add anti-randoms and anti-bans but i don't know if it will be a public release. So far this is just the skeleton. Once i get some feedback i'll add more stuff and tweak it a tad to work better. Thanks for all the good comments :)

Post any problems!!

Ransom

da_professa
11-26-2006, 06:54 AM
nice stuff.. I was looking at ur script and its pretty nice.. I think to make it better you should have more detailed instructions.. just a comment to help u out.. BTW really nice, and really handy script.

1 question : while selling will it offer all the notes, or just the amount for which the other person showed money for.. By looking at the code I think it offers all, but just wanted to make sure..

test010
11-26-2006, 10:18 AM
does this only trade one items or multiple items? If it does do multiple items, where do i edit code at for my items?

Ransom
11-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Just one item at a time for now.

I have made the script remove the proper amount to match the players gold but i had alot of people calling me a scammer. I think if i make it do that again i'll have to work out a slower process. Once i get something i'll let you know. Right now it only sells in bulk. Ideally i'll make it for single items because honestly it's not that hard to get rid of 1k steel bars it's just hard to buy them all. I would make this more for something like mith swords or something that if you smith them and want to sell them you don't have to sit there for hours trying to find buyers. All you need to do is pop this on and an hour later you might have had a few takers. Just maximizes profit of self made items without the hassle of sitting there trying to type messages while eating pizza and watching doctor phil...i mean...power rangers...i mean spongebob....oh boy :duh: ... lol.

Anyway if you run into any problems let me know!!

Ransom

drowningtrout
11-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Yes very nice, havent tested it yet but the code looks nice. I like some of the different approaches to a problem.

bobert5696
11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
i was just starting to work on one of these, you just saved me some time, if i make any good changes or additions, ill send them to you if you'd like

HISTORY
11-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I had amde a script like this a while back but got bored makin it and stopped, ill just go and complete it :P

Nice script, I like it

+rep

SoupyBastrd
11-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Wow Nice I needed it a while ago when i had 20k laws to sell.. o well!
Thanx :p

totalpk
11-27-2006, 03:59 AM
havent tried yet but this definitely piques (sp?) my interest. ill try it later.

shawn11
11-27-2006, 10:14 AM
looks interesting going to try it later

Ransom
02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
anyone interested in a new release? have a working buyer with auto item identification. just set one color and you're off. selling is better off with single items as many people try to haggle. any interest in an update?

nielsie95
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Ofcourse! =]

Hey321
02-05-2007, 11:27 PM
havent tried yet but this definitely piques (sp?) my interest. ill try it later.

It's peak my interest.

Anyways, i'll test it got quite a few darts/knives to sell ;).

Edit: Omg, i can't figure out how to set it up for knives :(, stupid dupes...

d0nk
02-10-2007, 12:51 AM
cool so i could set it up to buy coal for 120 each for like 2 days straight then it would just keep buying off people. and at the end i could sell on froums :O one thing dose it work flawless, as in it wont muck up and stop or logg out?

Sp0rky
03-18-2007, 07:06 AM
lol, I was selling ess, lots of it...

and some guy tried to trade me 2 str pots for all of it, and the script just got stuck and didn't know what to do. I waited about 20 seconds before declinnig to see what the script would do.

Is there any cut off point before declining? i.e. 30 seconds?

Smartzkid
03-18-2007, 07:13 AM
cool so i could set it up to buy coal for 120 each for like 2 days straight then it would just keep buying off people. and at the end i could sell on froums :O one thing dose it work flawless, as in it wont muck up and stop or logg out?

I really doubt anyone'd sell for that low...

Cheesehunk
03-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Hehe, I was just using masq's merchanter. Surprising it still works, he did a very good job of Trade/Amount.scar :) Good to see someone else taking advantage of his functions.

ukrides
05-03-2007, 04:49 PM
how can u get it to work ofr air craftign on world 16 i really need it and it would own =)

PwNZoRNooB
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM

You never can be sure :D

arash
05-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Ransom can you please update?

ukrides
05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
can i use your trade funcution in ur script for ma world 16 air crafter =)

igotgrapes
05-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Wow, this could help someone(maybe even me, i'm starting to understand scripting)make an RC script that stands at the altar, trades, and does everything like that.

Scaper
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
yes definatly

supadude
12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
lol nice script i see what it could be used for now Power rangers ftw!