PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Meaningfull Music Quotes

Brain
11-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Well this thread is devoted to your favorite quotes from music.
PLEASE make sure you use EXACT quotes, if you aren't sure on it, GOOGLE IT!
If you feel so inclined post why you like, or why it is meaningful. Also, feel free to speculate on what you think the artist may have been thinking when they wrote it. Try to stick to this format:

Artist (required):
Album (optional):
Song (required):
Quote:
Why/What:
I'll start:

Artist (required): Slipknot
Album (optional): Vol 3
Song (required): Vermillion
Quote: "I exist through my need, to self oblige"
Why/What: I like it, I think most people are like this, they only exist to make themselves happy. Possibly the ultimate form of selfishness

NCDS
11-21-2008, 03:25 AM
I am really not a big fan of rap, Im more into older hardcore (not that new metal crap) but anyways:

Artist: lil wayne and the game
Song: "My Life"
Quote: "Dear Lord you've done taken so many of my people, Im just wonderin' why you havent taken my life, like while the hell am I doin right?"

why? Because I think everyone should think about that, so many people have had a close friend or someone they knew die. But if you think about it, why are you still here, why am I still here? What have any of us done that that other person didnt, or couldnt. It's just something i tend to think about is all.

n3ss3s
11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Artist (required): Natsipaska
Album (optional):
Song (required): Hevimies
Quote:
"Nahkahousut puristaa, solistin munia
mies vaihtaa väriä ja alkaa kiljua"
Why/What:Overdose of epicness

tls
11-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Artist (required): Brand New
Song (required): Sic Transit Gloria
Quote: "Save Yourself"
Why/What: Speaks for itself really...

Ruroken
11-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Artist: Brother Ali
Song: Freedom Ain't Free

I don't like my life I gut it, rebuild it, fuck it
Keep nothing from God and my children
I kill the devil wherever he resides
Even if he hide'in in me he got to die

Why: I need to do this.

Aser
11-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Artist:Shinedown
Album:Sound of Madness
Song: Sound of Madness

I'm so sick of this tombstone mentality
if there's an afterlife then it'll set you free

Why: Because to me it's telling people to stop living for life after death and to start living for life before death (the present).

Brain
11-22-2008, 07:01 AM
What?!
Shinedown came out with a new cd...awhile ago :p
Shinedown was the first band I saw live, waaaaay back before they "hit it". They were the 1st of 4 bands, headlined by 3 Doors Down. it was a great show, seether was there too, before they were big as well.

Thanks a ton, the quotes are looking great, some deep insight going on ;)

Aser
11-22-2008, 07:05 AM
You were at a Shinedown concert with Seether there also? Man I am so envious of you now. Or is it jealous...? Its the one where I wish I had what you had but don't want bad to happen to you (not mad at you).

Brain
11-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Well....it was a 3 Doors Down concert :p
With Shinedown as the tiny band that opened, then Seether as the second small band, then Our Lady Peace was the second biggest (at the time), and then 3 Doors Down had just put out their second album. It was my first concert, and it was great! And only $26.00! Must have been about 6 years ago, man, I'm gettin old....already 20 :o

Aser
11-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Artists: Simon and Garfunkel (Totally spelled that right first time woo)
Song:Sound of Silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one deared
Disturb the sound of silence.

Why:When you live life actually live it. Don't run on autopilot. That's what I get out of it anyway...

Do you have a use for these besides thought provokers?

Brain
11-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I dunno, I was just thinking about music, and what I thought some of the lyrics meant, and I thought that other people probably think, and then I thought about making a thread about it XD

Aser
11-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Ok, I have to admit it is a good idea. I have a fealing that I always look either to deep into lyrics or into lyrics the wrong way. I interpret metaphors with a certain degree of randomness...

Artist:Led Zep
Song:Stairway to Heaven

Theres still time to change the road you're on.
Why: It's true. The worst person can become better and the best can become bad. You are not predestined for anything.

Note: This is from the supposedly Satanic backmask part so it might have a totally different meaning.