PDA

View Full Version : Which to use DTMs or Bitmaps?

gwz
11-26-2006, 05:33 PM
I am trying to learn SCAR but i ca't get 1 thing how to use bitmaps and dtms. Now i am writing a script which would go to varrock east bank and open it, but by color it is impossible. I tried to use DTMs but it seems like they dont work either and i think that bitmaps wont work too. If someone could help me with this problem i would be very thankful :).

Sumilion
11-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Well for the MM i usually use Colors, for detecting things like BankBooths i usually use DTMs and for the inventory i use BMPs, so i suppose i use them all :p.

But for the MM colors are most reliable since the MM can change and BMPs can't withstand the slightest changes, DTMs can but they will still become unstable, a color only requires one right pixel.

gwz
11-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Sumilion i try to use DTMs but SCAR don't find them in main screen. How much points should i use, how much tolerance and what functions/procedures to use? I tried FindDtmIn() but it don't find the DTM on screen. Ahh it makes me nervous :D.

Sumilion
11-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Well, it maybe somewhat hard to understand, but FindDtmRotated always did the trick for me. It totally depends on what the DTM is for, but a tol of 20 is fine.