PDA

View Full Version : My First Site Attempt

zizi
11-22-2008, 06:11 AM
edit:what's a good free hosting site?

is it okay for a first go?
how can i make it better by the way it looks

here's the code, i havn't uploaded it to a site.
if it says somthing about allow like active x control , it's the .swf (flash) video i put on.

got it uploaded, click here! (http://23489572.110mb.com/a.html)
amazingly the free hosting has no adds and is free
write somthing in the comment box!

Aser
11-22-2008, 06:17 AM
What is all of the junk in the middle?

I would suggest using pictures for your links on the side. Get 'first day' changed to First Day(capitalize, it looks nicer).

And last I would put up some kind of background watermark or picture. Make it darker, too much white.

Looks like it has potential. Post if you change it.

zizi
11-22-2008, 06:22 AM
thnx for the comment. :D
2 things though, it has a background, did it not show up or don't u like?
also the junk in the middle is suppost to look like a sword made out of letters

Aser
11-22-2008, 06:26 AM
The background didn't show up. I don't know if that was because I'm using Firefox or not.

I see the sword now...Other advice... make the sword in smaller text. That way the text is closer together and the image is more clear.

EDIT

Just tried with IE, still no background.

zizi
11-22-2008, 07:30 AM
ive now got buttons!:D , after some struggle.
the text is smaller too.
idk about the background. it's in the code and i can see it o.O

look bellow

Aser
11-22-2008, 07:38 AM
The images don't show up...they will when you host it. The new sword looks better also.

The background is working now...I think it was my Dial-up (sometimes it doesn't load images). The background looks great.

I would also put in an introduction to the site on the homepage. Get that in and you have it down.

zizi
11-22-2008, 07:48 AM
AWSOME thank you, i'll make an intro and maybe edit a bit more tomorow
bai;)

Aser
11-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Glad I could help. Don't forget to put your site into your SRL profile details.

TViYH
11-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I'd use external CSS instead of embedding it straight into the script.

Infantry001
11-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, there is a bunch of white space at the bottom, but I'm guessing that's just because there is too much text.

You know how the words in the navigation wrap below it? Fix that. It looks ugly =P

But overall, very nice, especially for a first website. My first one sucked haha

zizi
11-23-2008, 12:43 AM
I'd use external CSS instead of embedding it straight into the script. hmm for that do i just save the style tags into a .css ? and then, what code do put on the page to make it load the .css?

Well, there is a bunch of white space at the bottom, but I'm guessing that's just because there is too much text. yea im not actully going to put that on the real page

But overall, very nice, especially for a first website. My first one sucked haha :D

zizi
11-23-2008, 02:51 AM
[b]wee[b/] bit updated. looks alot better imo
got it uploaded

Click me! (http://23489572.110mb.com/a.html)

TViYH
11-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Assuming you're using a table, the distance from the middle column to the right is too much. Scoot the content on the right closer to the middle.

Scaper
11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
i have a site that is like runescape site but not a phisher i changed things around for personal use :) the main login applet like when ya log into the forums fopr my admin control panel yea it's good

yea m8 not bad for a 1st attempt keep up at it

gimillii1592
11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
LOL...this is really...weird
:P

zizi
11-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Assuming you're using a table, the distance from the middle column to the right is too much. Scoot the content on the right closer to the middle. O ya u can't really see it all without scrolling but that dosn't matter because i plan on having somthing smaller there.

i have a site that is like runescape site but not a phisher i changed things around for personal use the main login applet like when ya log into the forums fopr my admin control panel yea it's good ooo cool link?

LOL...this is really...weird
:P huh?, i like your sig ;) the one on the right