PDA

View Full Version : Closing Source

happycracker
11-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Is there any way to hide the code in your script so it can be stolen? If so please post me a link to a tut or let me know.

Thanks

Boreas
11-29-2006, 03:49 AM
Can't be stolen? Obfuscation, with an obfuscator. No offense, but don't bother.

happycracker
11-29-2006, 04:00 AM
well I mean like an authen script is a closed source. How do I do that except the script is still free?

Boreas
11-29-2006, 04:05 AM
Authentication is done by checking against a list on a webpage, that you have to make. If everything is good, it sets a boolean to true. However editing the script so that the boolean is always true bypasses that, which is why it needs to be obfuscated for auth scripts.

Why do you need to obfus a free script?

Edit: V V V hehe yohojo I beat you! lol

YoHoJo
11-29-2006, 04:06 AM
well yea you can auth a script
but authing alone is very easy to deauth
best combianting for keeping a script "not stealabe" is obfuscating and authing it

dont tell me that you joined this community to make a scipt just to sell it and make gp...
but as long as you make the script yourself and dont sell another's hard work do whatever you want =)

happycracker
11-29-2006, 04:08 AM
oh well I spent tons of times on this script and I just want to hide parts of it so people dont steal my ideas without credit.

So to obfus it do I use some sort of a program or what do you reccomend?

edit: and no I am not going to sell it. i dont even want to authen it. I just want to hide parts of the script so help pl0x.

Boreas
11-29-2006, 04:11 AM
Yes use an obfuscater.

BTW most people probably won't use it unless a dev sees it and says it won't get you banned.

happycracker
11-29-2006, 04:17 AM
ok well the only obfuscators I know of are for .NET, java, and PHP so any ones for scar j00 guys know of?

Boreas
11-29-2006, 04:22 AM
Ask someone who has written an obfussed script and they may tell you where it is.

YoHoJo
12-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Start has one
but i think your just being paranoid
if someone does steal a part of you script people who have used it will point it out and they will be punished...
and its not that big of a deal, doesnt happen much except for in the Appliances section =p

Boreas
12-03-2006, 08:37 AM
doesnt happen much except for in the Appliances section =p

And there's extra punishment for that...