PDA

View Full Version : How To Un Rar A File

golden garys
12-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Hello srl forums users i've seen many people are not sure on how to un rar a file. It's very very simple surprisingly many people suggest using Winrar which is the best program to use to un rar a file except you have to pay a fee for it. But I’ve recently i've found a new program which is "as good as" Winrar called jZip (http://www.jzip.com/index.php?bt=c). It is exactly like Winzip/WinRAR except for free.

What Is A Rar File?
RAR is the native format of WinRAR archiver. Like other archives, RAR files are data containers, they store one or several files in the compressed form. After you downloaded RAR file from Internet, you need to unpack its contents in order to use it.

So How Do I Un Rar A File Once I Have Downloaded It?
Very simple i must say.

Step 1. Right click the file you have just downloaded and open it With jZip (http://www.jzip.com/index.php?bt=c).

Step 2. Now click "EXTRACT" at the top of the screen. Than simply "EXTRACT" the file to a location on your computer.

Congratulations You Have Successfully Opened Your Rar File :).

Hope this guide helps you ;).

Kiloch
12-04-2008, 10:21 PM
This tutorial is unnecessary, nothing a simple, :google:, can't handle.

golden garys
12-04-2008, 10:25 PM
This tutorial is unnecessary, nothing a simple, :google:, can't handle.

Maybe i thought i'd help some of the newer members outhere at srl forums on how to un rar a file, because i never new how to do this untill i learned my self. So i thought i'd just pass on a bit of knowledge to others.

Try making a guide your self? or better still don't like a guide don't post simple as :)

Edit: To your sig saying use the spell checker before you post, spell checker cureently does not work... also always use spell checker :P

Kiloch
12-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Spellchecker is spelt "spellchecker".

Making a guide? Okay. If you dont like a guide don't post feedback? Well, i'm sure you'd agree that there is such a thing as "analysis" and "evaluation", i'm meerly putting my opinion forward that this tutorial is way to easy to just find on google.

EDIT: Lol that's a tongue twister.

golden garys
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Spellchecker is spelt "spellchecker".

Making a guide? Okay. If you dont like a guide don't post feedback? Well, i'm sure you'd agree that there is such a thing as "analysis" and "evaluation", i'm meerly putting my opinion forward that this tutorial is way to easy to just find on google.

EDIT: Lol that's a tongue twister.

Thanks for pointing out my dislexicia