PDA

View Full Version : Rate website/so far

Torrent of Flame
12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Working on it for a while, but redoing the coding as this one has a template error, and when I change the template it does not change the page itself.

I didnt like this too much myself, anyways.

http://www.gfx-tutorials.co.cc

The .css is fucked too, the background/footer/breaker's dont show up, at all.
~ ToF

GoF
12-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Not bad. The buttons and above looks pretty awesome, but under that it's not that awesome. Also only one of the buttons has the text color change when you hover your mouse over it. Of course I assume pretty much all of this is because it's not done.

Keep it up ;)

~ GoF

Zyt3x
12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I noticed you use spaces in the .html names, like "Tutorial Page 1", you should not use spaces... use '_' or '%20'

NiCbaZ
12-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Nice i think you should use Frams for each page tho.

TViYH
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Wow. Nice.

The left side needs cleaned up, though.

Kyle Undefined
12-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Not bad. Spelled Welcome wrong tho :p. I like the tut page with the different pages built right in.

~Camo

Kave
12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Not bad. Spelled Welcome wrong tho :p. I like the tut page with the different pages built right in.

~Camo
i giggled at that too :D.

its ok so far i think it needs to be brighter :D
ive started learning some html and will probably make my own soon :).

Kyle Undefined
12-12-2008, 06:11 AM
I think that it's just the theme he is using. It has potential tho.

~Camo

P1nky
12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
cool, buttons load slow :(

though cant wait cause im learning PS and need good tuts.

Torrent of Flame
12-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I've started re-coding it, without the sidebar, because I can never think of anything to put in text wise on the sidebars, so I decided to remove them. The CSS was fucked anyway, I used two different templates, for some reason, so the .css on the tutorials template worked and the other template for the other pages (with the misspelt welcome) had broken .css.

That one has invalid code anyways, the nbsp& thing, instead of an increased buffering.

I'll keep you posted.

Torrent of Flame
12-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Updaaaate.

Completely recoded.

http://www.gfx-tutorials.co.cc

CnC please :)

NiCbaZ
12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Looks very nice, but i think it would nicer if it was " Taller" and " Skinner" you know what i mean also the text, should be different imho.

Very good , great website ;)

Esteban
12-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Okay, here I go:

The banner is boring, off-centered, and nothing special. You can barely see the vines/leaves.

The buttons are eh, nothing special again.

What's with the white bar between the buttons and the content?

I absolutely hate the serif font you used for the content. Keep the font relatively the same font throughout the entire website.

Make the background something other than white.

I overall don't like the color scheme.

I like the bottom header, though :).

Contact me if you would like some guidance with designing and coding the site.

You might want to look into my site when designing your website, look at the code and learn- www.xcproductions.mgatesphoto.com

NiCbaZ
12-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Erm His looks better than your's sorry to say esteban , well its close anyway, i dont thing he needs adive on designing he is a very good gfx designer but probably needs some on the code.

senrath
12-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Um, if I were you I'd change the name of Home3.html to index.html or index.htm because right now I can access the root directory of your site, which probably isn't something you'll want in the future.

Wizzup?
12-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Nice i think you should use Frams for each page tho.

Frames are ugly and bad practice, generally.

@Esteban, I really like your site, very nice and calm, yet professional. :)
@ToF, yours is also nice, but the white border is a bit too white, and when I click on 'Tuts' the border disappears.

Torrent of Flame
12-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I cant see a white border or a white background on the .co.cc website.

The home.html one was bad, but now on the co.cc there is no problems accessing the root website anymore.

And the banner isn't off centre? It is aligned to the left anyway.

And Nicbaz, I suppose I could. It's at width 80% atm, could change it to say 60 or 50.

NiCbaZ
12-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Guys look @ this in IE, it messes up in firefox, its all fixed in IE and has a full page Backgroud and looks great, i still want it to be tall and skinny tho :p

Torrent of Flame
12-14-2008, 11:19 AM
So how do I get it to work in Firefox too?

The CSS isnt loading in Firefox, obviousley.

If you can get into IE everybody, you can see what it actually looks like :o

Wizzup?
12-14-2008, 11:34 AM
So how do I get it to work in Firefox too?

The CSS isnt loading in Firefox, obviousley.

If you can get into IE everybody, you can see what it actually looks like :o

My homepage on IE is www.crashie.com, so that won't really work...

Markus
12-14-2008, 11:41 AM
it *might* help if you remove the HTML from your .css file, so it actually becomes a valid stylesheet.

edit: the Firefox web developer toolbar agrees with me, and it shows up fine when you remove the

<style type="text/css">
<!--

and

-->
</style>

Torrent of Flame
12-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Ok Markus, but will that work in the IE browser, too?

If so, GREAT and much +rep

Markus
12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok Markus, but will that work in the IE browser, too?

If so, GREAT and much +rep
Ofcourse it does, as atm your CSS file is uhm, not that valid, and then it is. IE sucks at standards but handles that fine ;)
0h btw, 0 care bout rep fyi =)

Torrent of Flame
12-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Cool, I'll remove that when I can get back into DW & upload it, I'll update when it's done

+rep

senrath
12-14-2008, 10:29 PM
The home.html one was bad, but now on the co.cc there is no problems accessing the root website anymore.

The thing is, the co.cc address is merely redirecting the browser to the old address (http://gfx-tutorials.freehostia.com/Home3.html), which is quickly revealed by looking at the source. Deleting the home3.html part of the url allows me to access the root directory, and any files within it. If the Home3.html file was named index.html, that wouldn't be possible.

Esteban
12-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Erm His looks better than your's sorry to say esteban , well its close anyway, i dont thing he needs adive on designing he is a very good gfx designer but probably needs some on the code.

Even the people that are the best in what they do get advice from others.

You must not be a fan of web 2.0

Torrent of Flame
12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Estebtan, I agree with you there. Everyone needs advice sometimes.

I'm not a big fan or Web 2.0 either, or atleast if it is Web 2.0 the whole of it is, like the text and stuff it more modern and the background is more sleek.

StrikerX
12-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Lol @ Wizzup?

Then site looks pretty good so far, gl in re-coding.