PDA

View Full Version : Bring SRL to the Future or get us all banned?

BanditX
12-26-2008, 02:12 AM
To all of you programming prodigies out there, I am a noob at this so don't flame me if my idea sounds really stupid, but perhaps this general idea will be heard by someone who is a prodigy and who will take my idea a bit further and enhance our community greatly... you decide.

I was looking around and I found some crazy internet application called silverlight 2, by microsoft. I don't really completely understand what it is but it allows for other Silverlight powered applications which can be anything from arcade games to virtual worlds. I get the impression that silverlight = faster. Like I said, I don't really understand it fully.

Applications for Silverlight 2 are created in Visual Studio 2008, which looks vaguely similar to scar, except it seems easier and faster to use... but maybe I'm just not a pro at scar scripting yet.

Here's my idea, create a Silverlight application that is like SMART, but it should be faster (if Silverlight is that great), and u can have multiple rs accounts going on in different tabs on your web browser and u can still work/play on the computer. Perhaps Freddy could create a new version of scar that allows for playing 2+ at the same time, or we could somehow incorporate that so that we don't need more than one SCAR program open. I think it could be just what we need...

So let me know what you think, you can learn about silverlight at silverlight.net What got me started on this idea was the applications on the website that said "hello world" and that's it. lol. kind of like beginner's scar scripts, except not in runescape (we can change that) Like I said, this is just a crazy, up in the air theory, but I would like to see what it might arouse.

Note: this has no relation to the demon-slaying silverlight... your a dork for even thinking that :p

Narcle
12-26-2008, 03:27 AM
RS is Java based period... And unless Silverlight supports Java (which I doubt) it can't be done. If it could be done you would have to try and convert java to silverlight or however the application would handle it, it would probably make it slower anyways.

blitzkrieg
12-26-2008, 03:38 AM
RS is Java based period... And unless Silverlight supports Java (which I doubt) it can't be done. If it could be done you would have to try and convert java to silverlight or however the application would handle it, it would probably make it slower anyways.

I didn't quite understand you?
So your saying that to build some reflection thingy for RS then Java has to be used?
Wasn't S.M.A.R.T programmed in Delphi though?
If yes I think that something like this would definately be possible.

Anyway if we want to take botting to the next level all I can say is - C++.

Method
12-26-2008, 04:05 AM
I didn't quite understand you?
So your saying that to build some reflection thingy for RS then Java has to be used?
Wasn't S.M.A.R.T programmed in Delphi though?
If yes I think that something like this would definately be possible.

Anyway if we want to take botting to the next level all I can say is - C++.

No, SMART was created in C++ (I believe, it might've been C instead) and Java, and you need Java to use reflection for RuneScape.

BanditX
12-26-2008, 05:01 AM
hmmmm... alright guys, well thanks for the responses and for at least considering it. I was just brainstorming, trying to think of something new and unique for us. You never know what we could come up with...

blitzkrieg
12-27-2008, 01:48 AM
No, SMART was created in C++ (I believe, it might've been C instead) and Java, and you need Java to use reflection for RuneScape.

Ahhh I see!!!
I don't know what refletion really is but if it has to do with things in memory and stuff like that then C or C++ would do the job perfectly...
C# might also be a good to do this since like C/C++ it supports pointers and stuff.

Buckleyindahouse
12-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Ahhh I see!!!
I don't know what refletion really is but if it has to do with things in memory and stuff like that then C or C++ would do the job perfectly...
C# might also be a good to do this since like C/C++ it supports pointers and stuff.
alot and i mean alot of people here don't know any other languages besides scar or delphi here. So I don't see how this would work out too well.
Learning C# could be tedious to some especially if it's hard as shit to learn scar.

Timer
12-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Although BenLand, tabs would be a good addition, -hint hint-

Method
12-27-2008, 03:19 AM
Although BenLand, tabs would be a good addition, -hint hint-

He's not updating SMART to fix the current problems we have, so what makes you think he'll add new features to it?

noidea
12-27-2008, 03:22 AM
He's not updating SMART to fix the current problems we have, so what makes you think he'll add new features to it?

Maybe when he gets around to it /me lives in hope

Kyle Undefined
12-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Not a bad idea but Silverlight by Microsoft is their version of Flash. You would need it to be Java for it to work. I actually know how to create amazing Flash scripts with it, we started programming with it in school when it came out.

~Camo

boberman
12-27-2008, 02:32 PM
To all of you programming prodigies out there, I am a noob at this so don't flame me if my idea sounds really stupid, but perhaps this general idea will be heard by someone who is a prodigy and who will take my idea a bit further and enhance our community greatly... you decide.

I was looking around and I found some crazy internet application called silverlight 2, by microsoft. I don't really completely understand what it is but it allows for other Silverlight powered applications which can be anything from arcade games to virtual worlds. I get the impression that silverlight = faster. Like I said, I don't really understand it fully.

Applications for Silverlight 2 are created in Visual Studio 2008, which looks vaguely similar to scar, except it seems easier and faster to use... but maybe I'm just not a pro at scar scripting yet.

Here's my idea, create a Silverlight application that is like SMART, but it should be faster (if Silverlight is that great), and u can have multiple rs accounts going on in different tabs on your web browser and u can still work/play on the computer. Perhaps Freddy could create a new version of scar that allows for playing 2+ at the same time, or we could somehow incorporate that so that we don't need more than one SCAR program open. I think it could be just what we need...

So let me know what you think, you can learn about silverlight at silverlight.net What got me started on this idea was the applications on the website that said "hello world" and that's it. lol. kind of like beginner's scar scripts, except not in runescape (we can change that) Like I said, this is just a crazy, up in the air theory, but I would like to see what it might arouse.

Note: this has no relation to the demon-slaying silverlight... your a dork for even thinking that :p

Yes, you have no idea what you are talking about. Silverlight is faster compared to flash. That's it. It is NOT faster compared to c++, pascal, java, or any other language that you compile (except for flash).

If anything, Scar should be faster then silverlight by a long shot.

There are many other reasons why silverlight is not the right tool for this job, but suffice it to say that speed of the programming language really isn't that big of a concern.

jakeyboy29
12-27-2008, 02:57 PM

lol to you.

MylesMadness
12-27-2008, 03:41 PM
He's not updating SMART to fix the current problems we have, so what makes you think he'll add new features to it?And a hour later look what happened

Method
12-27-2008, 05:51 PM
lol to you.

And a hour later look what happened

So what? Ben apparently had time to fix this, and before my post there was no reason to believe that this was the case.