PDA

View Full Version : P2P vs F2P -> Rule #7

Nose Smasher
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Ok, so let me get this straight... I auto on my main (a RS member) and every time I get temp banned for breaking rule #7, I only get 0.5 black marks... (I've been temp banned 14 times already - only 7 black marks...)

Now, on my new pker/bher/what ever you wanna call it, F2P mind you, I was autoing on chickens :p Next thing I know - PERM BAN! :fiery:

WTF is up with that? P2P gets 20 chances to mess up while F2P get 1 or 2?! Lame...

jakeyboy29
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
iv had 4 temps, im giving up autoing on that one now.

noidea
01-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Ive had 4, 10 days bans, and 14 perms.
Your lucky...

Runescapian321
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Yup. I'm pretty sure though if you have been a member (but aren't anymore), you still get a 10 day ban. Can anybody confirm that?

BanditX
01-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Yup. I'm pretty sure though if you have been a member (but aren't anymore), you still get a 10 day ban. Can anybody confirm that?

I can't give solid proof, but I believe this is true. My once p2p main almost never gets any marks for autoing while others are quick to get hit (doing the same script).

sheffy101
01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
a think a reason is cause members don't really report for macro/botting,
i mean we will if it's obvious (you know? green pants, bald, crappy rs name?) but other than that, we leave the guy alone

Main
01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I got like 2 10day ban (NO BLACK MARK) :)
Just don't macro if you are f2p :duh:

Harbinger
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
On my main, back when I was stupid, i was using a very simple auto clicker, no anti-bans or anti-randoms and ended up getting a 10 day ban and 9 blackmarks. So yeah, I wasn't very happy, but when using an auto talker in W1 on my f2p merchant, I only got muted for a week, nothing else happened. So kinda the opposite of what normally happens.

HotLeatherPants
01-05-2009, 01:23 AM
On my F2P account I got a perm ban on my level 20 for auto woodcutting :(. T'was my first ever account. I was depressed.

Runescapian321
01-05-2009, 04:04 AM
I can't give solid proof, but I believe this is true. My once p2p main almost never gets any marks for autoing while others are quick to get hit (doing the same script).

But that once p2p main got a 10 day ban at least once?

Narcle
01-05-2009, 04:20 AM
1 Perm banned (was RS member too)
7 Ten day bans (On new main)

Their new system is now like other MMOs. Once your account is flagged, you are monitored way more closely. Basically if your caught on your main your now a high risk and now monitored - so you will be caught again if you continue to macro.

I'm trying to find a way around this, unsuccessful so far.

scotchtape51
01-05-2009, 04:24 AM
i think members have a tendency not to report just as sheffy101 said.

BanditX
01-05-2009, 04:56 AM
But that once p2p main got a 10 day ban at least once?

only on f2p, that's where I got a 10-day. I auto'd day and night as a member and got nothing, but maybe its because I was using good scripts and adding breaks and stuff.

koo29
01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I thought that my 98 lvl main with bgs got banned when I was buying 900k fires for onyx. One guy in tetralink said that he was Jagex stuff and he wanted my pass or I would get banned for like 40 days. I has no clue what tertralink was so I almost gave him my pass. Then found a mod who told that tetralink is no mod stuff. I was so happy after that... Almost could hugged my crapy computer:D

Runescapian321
01-05-2009, 11:15 PM

Their new system is now like other MMOs. Once your account is flagged, you are monitored way more closely. Basically if your caught on your main your now a high risk and now monitored - so you will be caught again if you continue to macro.

By 'was RS member' do you mean he was formerly a member or that he was a member (at the time of the ban)? If the former, how long ago since he has had membership? Also, was this before you you noticed 10 day bans popping up, or after?

I think I might have found a big factor in how Jagex tracks us. It (the factor) seems dumb, but I've been bypassing it for the last two weeks on one account (which autoes 14+ hours per day) and no ban (and the account is F2P). I might release it to the member section if I go a whole month ;)

thedetro125
01-06-2009, 04:47 PM
jagex is greedy as shit, they "take what they can, give nothing back" and they still want each person to pay the membership, but give them extra chances to redeem themselves.... only they're paying... lol

Narcle
01-06-2009, 09:59 PM
By 'was RS member' do you mean he was formerly a member or that he was a member (at the time of the ban)? If the former, how long ago since he has had membership? Also, was this before you you noticed 10 day bans popping up, or after?

I think I might have found a big factor in how Jagex tracks us. It (the factor) seems dumb, but I've been bypassing it for the last two weeks on one account (which autoes 14+ hours per day) and no ban (and the account is F2P). I might release it to the member section if I go a whole month ;)

He was a member when he got perm banned. But there is a couple factors that I won't discuss on why I think he got perm banned.

I think I understand their new system as well. I might try and test it soon and see if I'm correct, that is if I have time. College starting soon.

marpis
01-06-2009, 11:09 PM
i understand jagex, thats exactly what i would do if i owned rs!
Why would i ban a paying customer, when the autoing rly doesnt bother me...
those who make money with autoing bother jagex. and they are mostly f2p

fl4k3s
01-06-2009, 11:37 PM
i understand jagex, thats exactly what i would do if i owned rs!
Why would i ban a paying customer, when the autoing rly doesnt bother me...
those who make money with autoing bother jagex. and they are mostly f2p

Marpis you are right, as long as Jagex gets payed they don't care what you do when playing members world.

But if a F2P person is cheating, getting money faster then everyone else, then definitely I would get them hard.

Then again it all comes down to Jagex wanting mmmoooonnneeeyyy:fiery:

Theolithical
01-27-2009, 01:05 AM

I'm actually new to the autoing community and so far my only reports have been for offensive language (somehow saying marajuana counts as discussion of recreational drugs).

Going back to the point... Do they record your ip, or account? Also any ideas on the time of said flagging?