PDA

View Full Version : (F2P)my experiance on making a good pvp account

poopy2177
01-10-2009, 06:04 AM
(wouldent let me post in tutorial forum sorry)(This is a str mage pure)OK i have been playing since 04 and have a decent main (lvl 93) andi learned this through the years PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG:everyone is searching for the magic training place where you lose no hp or theres no randoms and its mega fast levels truth is you gotta train normal like cows to rats or somthing ok but heres my guide:

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Step1:name
step2:getting started
step3:Strength lvl 20-45
step4:Atack!
step5:your new home:45-70 str!
step6:get some gold (guide)
step7: preparing for mage
step8:beggining to lvl mage
step9:lvl 41-60 mage
step10:YOUR DONE!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

STEP 1:Name
Ok heres what i think WHO CARES!

STEP 2:getting started
Ok once you are done with tut island go to varrok and sell your runes at rune store and other crap you get at general store with this you should be able to buy full iron.Now head down to chickens eather kill chickens to level 20 str or just auto with forefeather.(you can colect feathers but its really little gp)

STEP 3:stregth levels 20-45
first off from chickens if you ran forefeathers or collected a litttle feathers you can buy a strength ammy so get that now option 1 is:varrok sewers i think the rats hit to much there personaly option 2 (little slow but safe):monks in he monestary east of edgevill i personly trained here to level 50 str just cause you dont need food or anything ok now you should have lvl 45 str yay!

STEP 4:attack!
Attack not as in pvp attack but train attack on monks/rats you have a choice here kinda train it 1-30 definetly and get a addy scimmy or you could go all the way from 1-40 for rune scimmy.

STEP 5:your new home!45-70 str!(holy crap)
holy crap is right this takes maybe a month but its worth it trust me well anyways your new home is the stronghold of secuirity level 12 minotaurs.You need lots of food here so eather if you collected all the feathers sell and buy food but i would fish,wc,or mine for gp (i did fishing because everyone wc's or mine's and theres less randoms)but its up to you oh and btw once you get 50-60 str you should definetly have 40 attack and a rune scimmy.

STEP 6:get some gold
Well i mentioned this in step 5 but here is a little guide ok:

Fishing:1-30:easy just fish at draynor with net or get bait and use a rod
30-60:even easier buy as much feathers as possible and go to barb village and fish i highly suggest banking because you get like 30 times your money back from buying feathers and i would use autos i did that and it toolk 1 day from 40-60 and made like 350k
60-whatever:fish lobbys at karajama takes a long time to bank but gets good gp

Wc:1-30:tree-oaks
30-99:willows willows willows willows ect.

mining:1-21: mine copper or tin east of varrok i would power but you could bank if you wanna makes a little gp
21-41: power mine iron!(BUT WHY?! iron is 100 gp each)you will rarely beat people in east varrok so i go to south of there where the scorpians are (sorry cant remember name its almost 1 so i am tired) and just power mine there till you can hold a rune picaxe.
41-whatever gets you enough gp:eather mine iron east of varrok or coal in barb village i aint really a mining expert thats just fom experiance.

STEP 7:getting ready for mage!
Ok an easy step yay! go to the G.E and get wizzard robe hat ammy and a blue skirt to look cool then buy all the staffs air, water, earth, fire now buy about 5k air runes and 2.5k mind runes

STEP 8:begining to lvl mage:ok now train at probaly chickens bring all staffs and runes there till your get lvl 13 mage now what i did was go to the Port Sarim jail and kill black knights until about lvl 41 mage

STEP 9:41-60 i would say:This requirs quite a bit of gp but omg you would be astoinded how fast you can do this in buy alot of death runes as much as possible and have crumble undead requirments now heres a really cool place to train that you still hit really high and not many people are there just some range pures you get to go back home yay!go to the bottom floor and go through the doors with like to it looks like this: (_) (_)

_
go through one of the kinda circled ones and go the only way possible till you get to a room with a couple of skeletons that mark a safe spot go there and crumble undead this works great killing the like lvl 72 i think ankou's and like 65-70 skeletons its awsome training

STEP 10:your done:
YOUR DONE YAY!

jared
01-12-2009, 02:23 AM
not a bad guide, not great but not bad. never had a mele/mage pure, should i get the ancient magic when he is higher lvl up or what?

ian.
01-12-2009, 02:40 AM
of course :P

ancients owns ^^

but..

mage/range is better if you have money to risk..

barrage, dbow k0

:D

legendaryhero90
01-12-2009, 06:41 AM
I believe this is just really a common blueprint of what every experienced players does.

Basically, you need to level up all your stats decently before going to Members to make your moneys worth off of it.

You also left out Crafting and Firemaking. I know that these 2 skills dont mean much in F2P but taking your time to build them early in will allow you to get ahead when you make the jump to P2P.

Davis_223
01-12-2009, 06:38 PM
This guide looks realy good, The only thing that i would change is were you to train on mino's till 70 or wahtever, i would skip the mino's and go to fleshys with a inv. of salmon or lobbies. and the fleshys are probilly faster. good guide!.

-Davis_223

poopy2177
01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
This guide looks realy good, The only thing that i would change is were you to train on mino's till 70 or wahtever, i would skip the mino's and go to fleshys with a inv. of salmon or lobbies. and the fleshys are probilly faster. good guide!.

-Davis_223

I tried that with 65 str killed like 10 then food ran out cause your def lvl is 1

Macros
01-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Nice tutorial, thanks for taking the time =)

Just some things I noticed, hope they help:

STEP 2:getting started
Ok once you are done with tut island go to varrok and sell your runes at rune store and other crap you get at general store with this you should be able to buy full iron.Now head down to chickens eather kill chickens to level 20 str or just auto with forefeather.(you can colect feathers but its really little gp)

You're going to want to do either the stronghold of security or the stronghold of player safety first, (I recommend both). This give you a some of the best gloves in f2p and the best boots, but more importantly it gives you 20k. With this 20k you should buy a few different scimitars at the grand exchange, (iron, mithril maybe even addy), and a strength amulet. You should also buy full iron, and a cheap cape. You will be low level, so make sure to get some fish right outside these two strongholds, high-level power fishers will give you inventories of free cooked ones. Also "varrok" is spelled "varrock", doesn't really matter though, just fyi.

STEP 4:attack!
Attack not as in pvp attack but train attack on monks/rats you have a choice here kinda train it 1-30 definetly and get a addy scimmy or you could go all the way from 1-40 for rune scimmy.

Your going to want to level strength and attack together, not get 45 str while still having 1 att. You can choose the optimum leveling ratio for yourself, but I would keep your str level a little bit higher then your att, (fastest leveling). And of course stop leveling att at 40. NO MORE, (and no less).

STEP 5:your new home!45-70 str!(holy crap)
holy crap is right this takes maybe a month but its worth it trust me well anyways your new home is the stronghold of secuirity level 12 minotaurs.You need lots of food here so eather if you collected all the feathers sell and buy food but i would fish,wc,or mine for gp (i did fishing because everyone wc's or mine's and theres less randoms)but its up to you oh and btw once you get 50-60 str you should definetly have 40 attack and a rune scimmy.

You may want to level your fishing before you do this, as you can fish at the convenient fishing place right outside the stronghold of security. Alternatively you could train on a popular/crowded world, and unload those power-fishers, (free food ^^).

60-whatever:fish lobbys at karajama takes a long time to bank but gets good gp

The fastest leveling will be at the barbarian village. That is argulably the fastest fishing technique in f2p.

(sorry cant remember name its almost 1 so i am tired)

al-kharid

STEP 9:41-60 i would say:This requirs quite a bit of gp but omg you would be astoinded how fast you can do this in buy alot of death runes as much as possible and have crumble undead requirments now heres a really cool place to train that you still hit really high and not many people are there just some range pures you get to go back home yay!

It doesn't need to cost you a gp. Well not much anyway. All you have to do is, go to fist of guthix, wearing full armor, (doesn't matter which, bronze or iron), and a normal staff, (not elemental, too much mage bonus). Once your mage bonus is low enough, (i think it's -65), you will never hit, with any spell. Just autocast on your target, and do not care about rating. Just lose the matches, and get looots of mage experiance, for free! (free runes are provided). This method can be used at lower mage levels too, not just 41+.

Kyte9934
01-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to throw the idea out there about Defense Pures. 1-1-?
=]

Macros
01-17-2009, 10:45 PM
NO DEFENSE PURES! Sorry, but that's just my opinion. All that armor is expensive if you die, and personally I don't find them that good. In my experiance range pures are the best pker in f2p, but if you don't want to spend the money, go with a melee. the cb calculation is odd though, so you could have like 60 str, 40 att, 60 mage and 59 range and still have the same cb lvl, (exclulding hp) as some1 with just 60 mage. so you can also play with hybrids.

jurrien
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
nice guide I'm train now a pure str and mage.
i think that i making a new acchount to make a pk'r

jurrien

bevardis
01-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Name is an important part of character, would you, self respecting guy, play with a "pinkgurl luw85" or something?

Floor66
01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Try adding a little style to it. Like bolding titles/bigger font sizes.
Good guide btw.

And, Ancients aren't only good with ranged.
Ever heard of the 'o-so-pwning' blitzmaul? :D