PDA

View Full Version : Free WoW = RoM?

BanditX
01-15-2009, 02:45 AM
So there's this new game called Runes of Magic. Its a MMORPG and its' graphics, layout, player control and everything seem to very closely resemble WoW, the only major difference is that in Runes of Magic there is a dual-class system. At the begining you pick one of 6 classes then as you progress through the game you can pick a second class to play as well. You can only learn experience and access all abilities from one class at a time, but some of the abilities from the other class are still available. This is neat because you could make a Tank/Healer or a Range/Tank or any other of the 36 combinations.

My friend told me about it so I thought that I would give it a try. I also figured I'd post a poll to see other people's opinions. Its a heavy download so you might need to dl it overnight instead of killing chickens *gasp* :p But it is f2p and I haven't heard anything bad about it yet. Its graphics are most likely too good to bot on easily, but it might have some cheat-able bugs since its in the baby stages. I think there's currently only 400,000 people playing, but the number is rapidly growing.

Here's the website: http://www.runesofmagic.com/us/index.html
I'm not going to take up this site's bandwidth posting massive pictures, just check it out and say what you think.

Scaper
01-15-2009, 03:16 AM
wow funny i just found out bout this game today too and signed up etc and yea it's pretty neat game

Luski14
01-15-2009, 04:51 AM
It's WoW.
Dont try and kid yourself.

Kasi
01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
this was released last year its the exact same as WoW but it free
its wow with a differant name

Zyt3x
01-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Woah cool! My wow 60 day pre-paid card thing ends tomorrow :)
Thank you :D

Dervish
01-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Gi-Normous download for SetUp ^^.

I can't wait to actually try this out :).

Runescapian321
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
This is awesome :) A bit glitchy since it's open beta, but it should get better in the near future. I haven't played much of WoW (maybe for an hour or two at a friend's house), but yeah, it appears to be very similar.

senrath
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I haven't had a chance to check it out since it was in closed beta (I wasn't a tester, but I had the pleasure of seeing lots of screens), so I was wondering something. Have they finished translating all of the item names yet?

Baked0420
01-18-2009, 08:19 PM
http://us-forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=229

wait so does this mean... macroing is allowed? that's no fun, then there's no challenge, you can just macro and not worry bout getting caught, and there will be lots of people doing it because noone has to worry bout getting caught or anything and the game will probably suck with 1000's of bots around.

senrath
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
http://us-forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=229

wait so does this mean... macroing is allowed? that's no fun, then there's no challenge, you can just macro and not worry bout getting caught, and there will be lots of people doing it because noone has to worry bout getting caught or anything and the game will probably suck with 1000's of bots around.

Botting is different from the macro system in this case. The system that RoM has simply allows you to condense multiple actions into a single action. It doesn't allow you to do anything if you're not sitting at your computer.

Smarter Child
01-18-2009, 08:34 PM
:p ewww it's am attempt copy of WoW, I'll try it out. :p Private server WoW is free why not play there i do now and then and well it's better~tha*n real WoW

BanditX
01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
You guys seem to be really enjoying this game, accept of course you hard-core WoW addicts who call this a copy. But remember, WoW isn't 100% original either, its just the most popular. This is still a little unique because of the duel-class system and F2P. This is still Open Beta, the actual final release hasn't come out yet but when it does your accounts will be saved. Its cool because you can give them input that they might actually use to change the game and make it better.

Sadly, I still can't get it to run. I've downloaded it about 5 times from different locations, but every time I get a corrupt download. I think this is due to my slower internet speed, not the source files. I'll post how it goes whenever I eventually get a good download, I haven't even answered my own poll question. lol.

SlayerSteve
12-18-2011, 12:39 AM
I played WoW hard for ages and I have to say this looks like the generic crappy free wanna-be and nothing special, the only free games I enjoyed is LoL and Rose (Private Server)

Kyle Undefined
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Please don't grave dig a thread that is over 3 years old. Thanks :)

Nava2
12-18-2011, 03:15 AM
I'm reopening this.. as it looks awesome.

NCDS
12-18-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm reopening this.. as it looks awesome.

homepage looks a lot like RS..

Nava2
12-18-2011, 03:55 AM
homepage looks a lot like RS..

I thought the same, the game looks nothing like it, though.

Omar
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm Downloading it now :) If anyone here play's Hit me up with your users.

Wyn
12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Looks like the game perfect world I played in the past.

DeiJaiVui
12-21-2011, 11:58 AM
The game isn't new it's been there for ages.

RISK
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
The thread was originally created almost three years ago. ;)

The game isn't new it's been there for ages.

Runescape Pro
12-22-2011, 01:19 AM
I've played RoM for a little bit. I got to around lvl 23 and stopped. It's a little fun but for me it was too much like WoW, too intricate, too much time needed to play. It's worth trying out.

DeiJaiVui
12-22-2011, 01:50 AM
The thread was originally created almost three years ago. ;)

Oh, never notcied. LOL!

Silent
12-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Oh, never notcied. LOL!

Don't worry about it, someone pulled it from the grave before you did, and then Nava2 re-opened it because he said it looked awesome.

Last time I tried to play this game, I had no understanding of networking and the port it used was blocked... May have to try this when I'm back with my gaming desktop...