PDA

View Full Version : Banned (SCARY how this happened)

almost
01-23-2009, 01:01 AM
I just got banned on one of my accounts for macroing.
I actually was macroing (this time)
Not my best miner, but he was 80 mining :(

Now the part that scares me and makes me rethink a lot of things about the macro detection jagex has.

The script I was using was my own, and by far the best anti ban I have ever used.
It talks to other players (uses their name), responds to people talking to you, makes comments about people who are very high levels, makes comments about people with a very low level, etc.
The camera position changes very often, and the script runs at any angle.
The mouse is usually moving around.
It right clicks, changes game tabs, does emotes, and checks your exp at random times.
It talks when-
You gain a level, you get a random, there are too many people in the guild, there is no one in the guild, a few other random things I can't think of.

I know with all of that you can get banned still.

Well my script takes a screen shot every time it clicks to walk on the minimap and every 15 seconds.
So when I saw I got banned I knew to go check the screen shot folder.
I went through every single picture it had taken.
Not one person had said a word to me the entire time.
I solved every random event as it came up.
I figured maybe I got banned for logging out on a scaperune or something.
But no, this char autoed until the change player time came around.
The funny thing is, it changed players and kept autoing, but the next account was never banned.

I always thought there are 3 ways of getting banned.
Someone reporting you, never solving random events, and possibly staying on for very long amounts of time every day doing the same thing.

Not one of those apply to this account.
So I have no clue really.
Edit:
If it really does take jagex a few days to ban you, maybe one of them could possibly apply.

Oh well...
R.I.P.

Runescapian321
01-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Bans for macroing usually come about 5 days after they detect it. It'd probably be a pain but you would need to check every screenshot of the last weeks autoing if you want to find out what they might have found :\

EDIT: Or maybe Jagex can detect how much an IP is online? If it's 24/7 they can pretty much rule out siblings playing all the time.

noidea
01-23-2009, 01:17 AM
I think there catching on, If we dont switch players randomly.

almost
01-23-2009, 01:21 AM
Oh not good.
I always check the screen shots, but not like I did this time.
This time I read everything every player said.
I can't check the old ones because it overwrites them.
I make a few thousand screen shots every night, so it would be bad to not do that.
This could possibly open up one of those 3 reasons.
Maybe someone was trying to talk to me and reported me for autoing, then jagex looked into it.
Pretty unlikely since I would be talking to people, but I guess that's it.
And I haven't gotten stuck in randoms or autoed for more than 5 hours on a single account.

ian.
01-23-2009, 02:06 AM
:o someone can report you without saying anything ya know :p

and that script sounds nice :)

maybe they can detect smart?

almost
01-23-2009, 02:29 AM
:o someone can report you without saying anything ya know
Yes they can but you don't just report someone for no reason.
I can spot people that are botting very easily, but I am never really SURE that they are until I try to talk to them.
That is usually when you will get reported.

maybe they can detect smart?
I was almost beginning to think it could be something like that, but that is jumping to a big conclusion.
If they could fully detect it, no one would use it.
We would all be banned.
And I can't think of any way they could "partially" detect it.
It seems like you either can or can't.
So they I'm pretty much for sure that they can't.

and that script sounds nice
Get SRL membership and you'll be able to use it in...
Well I have no release date or anything...
I have 3k lines done and I'm expecting no more than 4-5k.
This is also that same script I've been talking about that gets around the mordaut random.
So maybe that is some motivation to get in?

benjaa
01-23-2009, 02:48 AM
ive heard rumors that they can check what's in your tabs
but i disagree

ive also heard they can read your temporary files history, to see if you've been on srl etc
this is more likely

also, bans dont happen instantly (up to 2 weeks wait) ive heard

what i do is:
- never have srl open when i auto
- clear temporary files before i auto
- use rests
- use 3-4 players

Runescapian321
01-23-2009, 03:10 AM
but i disagree

ive also heard they can read your temporary files history, to see if you've been on srl etc
this is more likely

what i do is:
- use rests
- use 3-4 players

Wouldn't it be illegal for them to invade your privacy like that? I don't believe they do all that.

benjaa
01-23-2009, 03:17 AM
yeah of course it would, but i wouldnt put it past them

apparently all the idiots who sent in there "computer details" miraculously got banned

ian.
01-23-2009, 03:45 AM
it's perfectly legal for them to check for macros, because you have to agree with the terms of service which says you can't cheat, and I'm pretty sure you can look at what programs you installed if they were a certain file type.. not like there reading you emails

and almost, I don't want to be an srl member for scripts, that's kinda lame :p

I just wanna script :D

(I'm gonna try to see what I can do to impress you and your almighty reflection skills :) working on a secret script with Benjaa that does like.. everything you would ever need ^^)

and the reason I think smart might be detectable is, it seems kinda weird that the canvases stop working and all that smart mumbo-jumbo once smart got bigger, and now it works again.. so.. maybe they just thought it was a coincidence that so many people were having canvas errors, and now they could get a brain and figure out we hax to the max :o

and also, if you enable smart then disable, your mouse will jump around (if they can detect that)

Runescapian321
01-23-2009, 03:50 AM
yeah of course it would, but i wouldnt put it past them

apparently all the idiots who sent in there "computer details" miraculously got banned

it's perfectly legal for them to check for macros, because you have to agree with the terms of service which says you can't cheat, and I'm pretty sure you can look at what programs you installed if they were a certain file type.. not like there reading you emails

and almost, I don't want to be an srl member for scripts, that's kinda lame :p

I just wanna script :D

(I'm gonna try to see what I can do to impress you and your almighty reflection skills :) working on a secret script with Benjaa that does like.. everything you would ever need ^^)

and the reason I think smart might be detectable is, it seems kinda weird that the canvases stop working and all that smart mumbo-jumbo once smart got bigger, and now it works again.. so.. maybe they just thought it was a coincidence that so many people were having canvas errors, and now they could get a brain and figure out we hax to the max :o

and also, if you enable smart then disable, your mouse will jump around (if they can detect that)

But by searching through your tabs/windows/history, they would be able to see everything there. That's an invasion of privacy. Prove it and you get a million dollars :)

ian.
01-23-2009, 03:57 AM
knowing what your browsing isn't illegal :o

they could look at the names, sure, they can't tell people unless you agree..

almost
01-23-2009, 04:03 AM
I highly doubt they can see anything at all that has to do with your computer.
I have SRL up all the time.
I have never deleted any temp files.
And after a few years of autoing this is my first ban.
Actually this time I know I didn't have SRL up or anything like that.
I also do think it would be illegal.

and almost, I don't want to be an srl member for scripts, that's kinda lame
That's always good to hear.
You're just like me, I don't even use other people's scripts.
Getting members just expands your scripting capabilities.
I think there might be some members who just got to where they could make a member's quality script and then never scripted again.

benjaa
01-23-2009, 04:13 AM
They can DEFINATELY check if you've come from SRL forums before you open runescape

heaps of sites do that
its a kind of referral idea "You came from <site>"

You're just like me, I don't even use other people's scripts.
thats me :)

ive tested Narcles Echo Fighter, and debugged a few others...
Im bored of rs, just <3 scripting

almost
01-23-2009, 04:38 AM
If the really can check, it wouldn't be enough to ban someone.
Anyone could have been on SRL forums, and that would get a lot of innocent people banned.
Plus like I said before, we would all be banned.

Im bored of rs, just <3 scripting
That describes me.
Even if every ore I banked from autoing disappeared, I would still be making scripts.
It's not about gain anymore.

Runescapian321
01-23-2009, 05:13 AM
They can DEFINATELY check if you've come from SRL forums before you open runescape

heaps of sites do that
its a kind of referral idea "You came from <site>"

The only thing I can think of that does that is Imageshack (says something like - "Welcome google.com visitor!"). And I believe that's because you opened a link directing to their site. I guess if you clicked a link on SRL that lead you to RS, they'd be able to see it. But if you just type it in the browser, they can't, unless they do something illegal.

Go to Google, then go directly to imageshack.us. It's not going to say 'Welcome google.com visitor'. It'll only do that if you click a link. I suppose sites are allowed to figure out where their traffic is coming from.

senrath
01-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Go to Google, then go directly to imageshack.us. It's not going to say 'Welcome google.com visitor'. It'll only do that if you click a link. I suppose sites are allowed to figure out where their traffic is coming from.

Of course they're allowed. You're practically shouting at them where you're coming from if you follow a link.

Runescapian321
01-23-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm saying that that's why sites can sometimes see where you last were, not because they're checking your history or something.

nielsie95
01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
It talks to other players (uses their name), responds to people talking to you, makes comments about people who are very high levels, makes comments about people with a very low level, etc.
The camera position changes very often, and the script runs at any angle.
The mouse is usually moving around.
It right clicks, changes game tabs, does emotes, and checks your exp at random times.
It talks when-
You gain a level, you get a random, there are too many people in the guild, there is no one in the guild, a few other random things I can't think of.

Do you play like that legit? I always keep my angle locked, only use the Inventory and Stat tabs (check exp) and never do an emote. My mouse isn' t always moving; only when I click a rock or hover over a player and I never randomly move my mouse.
Maybe you overdid it on the antiban? Though I don't think that's the reason you got banned.

Anyway, what SCAR were you using? And did you use SMART?

n3ss3s
01-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Do you play like that legit? I always keep my angle locked, only use the Inventory and Stat tabs (check exp) and never do an emote. My mouse isn' t always moving; only when I click a rock or hover over a player and I never randomly move my mouse.
Maybe you overdid it on the antiban? Though I don't think that's the reason you got banned.

Anyway, what SCAR were you using? And did you use SMART?

Hmm, I can see what's behind Wizzup's logic in not using a massive antiban...

almost
01-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Do you play like that legit?
Absolutely.
I can't stand having my map north all the time, or hardly at all period.
I play with my hand on the arrow keys.
I have a hard time believing that you don't move your mouse around.
I tried playing legit but acting like an autoer once to see if I get more randoms, and it was incredibly awkward. (I did btw)
Clicking on a rock then keeping your mouse still until you have mined it, especially a rock like mithril, was just weird.
Out of habbit I would forget and move it to the general area of the next rock I wanted to mine.

I know people don't randomly use emotes usually, but neither do bots.
That is why I added it in.
Once you do one you have a random chance at saying a phrase that goes along with your emot.
If I saw that I would not think "that guy is a bot".

The main point here is, jagex can't possibly see that your mouse is moving around or your camera is moving and use that against you in any way.
If it does anything it helps, even when overused, which is not the case with my script anyways.

nielsie95
01-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Absolutely.
Out of habbit I would forget and move it to the general area of the next rock I wanted to mine.
Oh yeah, I do that too :)

But it's just weird, because one shouldn't get banned for using his mouse too much (or too little). They can not ban you for randomly clicking your tabs or randomly doing emotes.

So there must be another reason for these bans (not just yours, I'm having it too). What SCAR version did you use? And did you use SMART?

mastaraymond
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Did you auto unsigned?

almost
01-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Ya they can't say that is any kind of evidence you were macroing.

Here is how I auto.
SCAR 3.14 (too lazy to update), SMART, Reflection, signed.

mastaraymond
01-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Ya they can't say that is any kind of evidence you were macroing.

Here is how I auto.
SCAR 3.14 (too lazy to update), SMART, Reflection, signed.
When you run a signed applet Java has far more control outside the applet.. So in theory they COULD search your computer for macroes.

almost
01-24-2009, 05:18 PM
So in theory they COULD search your computer for macroes.
I'm sewing! :p
I should probably start autoing unsigned.
And I have heard that they don't save their files on your computer if you do.
I have always thought those files = trouble.

senrath
01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm sewing! :p
I should probably start autoing unsigned.
And I have heard that they don't save their files on your computer if you do.
I have always thought those files = trouble.

If you're already sewing, could you patch up one of my shirts? It's got a rip on the side. :p

almost
01-24-2009, 06:12 PM
If you're already sewing, could you patch up one of my shirts? It's got a rip on the side
Rofl.
I'll do that right after I get done sueing jagex.

noidea
01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Really..?!
I didnt know that autoing signed is such a big deal. I have never auto'd unsigned. I can stand the lagg. Its unberible.

almost
01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I doubt it is a big deal, but if you can do it I would recommend it just to make sure.
Safe > sorry.
I've never autoed unsigned and this is my frist ban in 4 years of autoing.

Grunt
01-26-2009, 04:17 AM
Oh yeah, I do that too :)

But it's just weird, because one shouldn't get banned for using his mouse too much (or too little). They can not ban you for randomly clicking your tabs or randomly doing emotes.

I am curious...what makes you think that they can't use detect how your mouse moves?

nielsie95
01-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Ofcourse they can track it, but are "silly" mouse movements a good enough reason for a ban?

Grunt
01-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Ofcourse they can track it, but are "silly" mouse movements a good enough reason for a ban?

I think so...if mouse moves in a linear line then it's possible to conjecture that the player is a bot not a human. At least freddy thought so...otherwise he wouldn't add the "human-like mouse moving function"

But I am pretty sure that the person in question did not make his mouse move in a straight line.

I think that Jagex can track what kind of colors you click on, for example if someone click on multiple similar colors too many times...it will be quite an obvious sign that something is wrong. However, all that should be accounted in most scripts. So that leaves the question of Randoms. I guess that there are some Randoms that weren't solved in a humanly fashion. For example, I laughed out loud at this script in the junior member section. (don't want to single anyone out) "Let's just say it was a powerminer"

Anyway what made me laugh was the fact that the script would automatically log out as soon as the player was given a box. LOL
To me that just screams out Autoer! I mean how many people log out when they are given a mystery box?

From what Jagex said in their message about possibly removing/updating randoms..indicated to me 3 things at the top of mind...
1st they don't really consider it a big deal anymore since the unbalanced trade removal, since they are considering removing Randoms
2nd They said" We will examined what worked and what didn't. And remove those that didn't " To me, it means that Jagex definitely has a way to analyze the data somehow and compare it to known autoers. Figured out which ones were solved easily.
3rd Jagex None of the random events were removed. Which might mean that the most solvable random events might have some hidden purposes.

thedetro125
01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Try using a bigger color array. Every time you click, from what i've read, it records it, and what color pixel you clicked on. If you use a huge array of colors, (or all of the colors of the object you want to click on!) there is MOST LIKELY a less chance of getting banned. From what i've heard.

~thed

cycrosism
01-28-2009, 01:24 AM
This is how jagex can detect your mouse:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9H5nSczvvmI

almost
01-28-2009, 03:20 AM
That is true, but my script doesn't use color.

Phoenix13nl
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I think it's highly unlikely that jagex reads your temp files, and im pretty sure it's illegal to do so. and even if they saw you came from the SRL forum, they should have a reason to ban you at all, right now i havent autoed (or actualy played runescape) for over 2 months, but if you came from this forum, it doesnt mean you are macroing, however it makes you suspicious, and they'l probably keep an eye on you.

Would it be possible to detect when a screenshot is made? if so, they can see you're autoing realy easy, every function like FindColor, Bitmap, or DTM requires a screenshot, but i doubt if they can.

uhmm, i just took a look in the C:\WINDOWS\.jagex_cache_32\runescape folder, and it contains a dll names 'browsercontrol' (and some more files ofcourse), what would that be? it sounds like it might be plausible that they actualy do check you internet browser, is there any way to view whats inside the files?? i think you should start looking from there.

i also think i missed the next page, and i just read about colors, and im actualy pretty sure that they do record the colors you clicked, and check if it are the same colors every time.

thedetro125
01-30-2009, 09:54 PM
That is true, but my script doesn't use color.

Just be careful. There are many rumors about jagex being able to check your browsing history, and it IS possible. Maybe you shouldnt auto on that account again?

~thed

mirisido
01-31-2009, 12:37 AM
wow it sounds like you have a pretty amazing script. I'm still learning constants lol. sorry to hear about your ban mate

dartzu
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
just go to send a message to jagex where you apologise and get some excuse like your friend hacked your password and you didnt know he did

dark bl00d23
02-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Just say like you stayed logged in and your brother went on your account and started messing with it :P

Waddo
06-11-2009, 05:02 AM
if your in firefox right click and click view page info

then look down the list its says

refering url :p

Dynamite
06-11-2009, 05:42 AM
if your in firefox right click and click view page info

then look down the list its says

refering url :p

what does that do?

T~M

final_result
06-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Jagex checking your browsing history is really creepy... Also does Jagex do IP bans often? I always use a Socks 5 Proxy when macroing because I don't want to get a IP ban.

mrpickle
06-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Think about this way. our bots 99% + of the time hit the target. Humans miss the target much more, have "Worsening accuracy" with increasing fatigue, and will end up moving mouse more wildly. There are just some variables that scar is not looking for, that scar is not yet programmed to do.

Anyways, If I randomly took over a player's screen in the game as an admin, I can tell who's legit, and who's bot pretty easily... least with current available scripts =D.

ps: How many ppl in RS really use unsigned? If you use unsigned (maybe along with the location you are connecting from), RS might flag you due to the rarity of "unsigned" being used. Then they get someone to covertly observe your account for a few min, and give a second lv flag for "suspicious" before finally determining that you bot. I dunno, that's what I would do if I had to catch bots. It keeps order among the staff, and ensures fair trials for the players.

GoF
06-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Think about this way. our bots 99% + of the time hit the target. Humans miss the target much more, have "Worsening accuracy" with increasing fatigue, and will end up moving mouse more wildly. There are just some variables that scar is not looking for, that scar is not yet programmed to do.

Do you realize how heavy and sophisticated systems they'd need to check for stuff like "player has not missed in * seconds" and "there has not been rapid mouse movements" etc. etc.? And there's always TONS of people playing (atleast when I still played there were) and there are people logging out and others logging in all the time, so keeping and processing any kind of logs of peoples activity (especially if they logged how your mouse moves, how long mouse buttons stay down when you click, which tiles you've moved to etc. etc.) would take a ridiculous amount of effort and resources and it really wouldn't make sense to have such systems just to catch the 0.*something*% of players that macro.

Also, if Jagex was caught logging peoples browsing history, running processes and so on they'd be sued to the oblivion in no time. And still it'd just be wasted effort and resources just to catch people cheat in their game.

Anyways, If I randomly took over a player's screen in the game as an admin, I can tell who's legit, and who's bot pretty easily... least with current available scripts =D.

I think Jagex employees are more interested in developing the game and keeping it running than obsessively going through the 200 000 logged accounts screens looking for weird mouse movements.

It keeps order among the staff, and ensures fair trials for the players.

They don't need to give "fair trials" to anyone. Your account is just some silly file on their server, and it's their property. Plus even if they did accidentally unfairly ban accounts what could you do about it (they're more careful with members though, I wonder why..)? Rant on a forum, that's about it.

I really doubt Jagex gives a flying fuck if you bot or not, and the only reason they even ban botters is to keep the legit players happy, and then make "we just b& 10k cheaters, happy now?" or "we made major updates in our cheat detection system" announcements, who knows if they're just saying that to give people some sort of an image of control and power or to scare people that cheat. It could just be almost pure bad luck you even get banned without script messing up in a random event or doing other silly stuff (unless you use RSBot or something alike that Jagex might detect).

Macro_FTW
06-14-2009, 01:28 AM
First, I would like to say I am a decent Java programmer at the time of writing. I do not claim to know everything about Java, but I do know quite a bit about GUI. ;)

Yes, Java has *plenty* of methods for getting your mouse position. Because Jagex uses an altered version of Java[1] (somehow, I believe I recall them saying something like that), they probably have more control than that.

Yes, Java can read your cookies, write to your cookies, read to your desktop, write to your desktop, etc. in signed mode. Thus, if you are using signed, use Chrome Incognito. It uses separate files for cookies, so Java is less likely to be able to access your cookies.

In unsigned, however, Java is near absolutely restricted from accessing any system files. The maximum they can access in unsigned mode is probably your cookies. Once again, incognito wins.

Also know that not all calculations must be done server-side, and 1TB of memory costs but $120 nowadays. It's just as easy to make a server get 20 mouse positions and average them to get the mouse speed as it is to have the applet itself do that.

The former requires 21 server calculations per player per 20 refreshes, with a file write on a regular interval. This would prove VERY difficult for the server to keep up with, especially with its already huge work load of sending the whole game in a rapid manner, and responding to requests to load parts of the map.

The latter requires the same 21 calculations per 20 refreshes, but on the client side, with it all stored in RAM and accessed whenever the server requests it. The load on the server is, therefore, 1 request and 1 file write at a regular interval.

Though I could come up with many more instances of this, know that the RuneScape applet can have multiple command-line functions running in the background on your computer. (after all, you clicked SIGNED. This gives Java the power to do plenty of command-line queries on your computer itself) With this, Jagex can probably only legally search the cookies folder, but is that not more than enough for them to figure out where you've been?

In summary:
Jagex can do a TON with Java itself; not to mention what they can do with the custom libraries they have. This includes scanning parts of your computer for file names, getting your exact mouse position, etc. Also, don't forget that the server doesn't need to be sent EVERY mouse location; it can have the client do calculations and get all the data it needs in one swift request, rather than thirty calculations and requests.

Just some thoughts. Remember, this is all speculation based on what I know about Java, which is more than enough to be Java certified; I just don't feel like paying the few hundred dollars. ;)
~Macro

[1] Altered version of Java: Java is an OO (object oriented) language with a huge hierarchy of classes that come bundled with it. With these, Jagex can derive its own set of classes and systems to better fit its own needs. The best metaphor I can come up with is Scar vs SRL. Scar is what we were given as the base system, SRL is the custom functions made with the provided functionality of Scar.

Werewuf
06-14-2009, 01:42 AM
but i disagree

this is more likely

what i do is:
- use rests
- use 3-4 players

same as i do.

samm
06-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I response to loads of point's raised.

JaGeX hold no right whatsoever to check your PC for browsing history, tools your running, tabs your viewing. They can only view what is going on in the client.

They can see where you navigated from, but thats only with the use of a referal system, and they are perfectly legal. But that doesn't apply if I am on SRL and then TYPE www.runescape.com into my URL bar..
Only if I was to say, search it on Google, and navigate from there.

The detection of SMART i severely doubt as all SMART is is a second java client that creates a "secondary mouse".

I think the banning of your characters could be a number of things, maybe an earlier report, I'm not sure, but I heavily doubt it was down to Jagex's "detection" as to be fair, it only rely's on what actually go's on in the client..

Your mouse movements, your ability to defeat randoms etc etc

Nadeem
06-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Do you realize how heavy and sophisticated systems they'd need to check for stuff like "player has not missed in * seconds" and "there has not been rapid mouse movements" etc. etc.?

GoF, I must disagree with you on that. JAVA has capability to communicate with data base servers don't forget, and each player record supposed even with 100 different fields of attributes, each player will take roughly no more than 2mb max, and if you do the calculation it will cost Jagex roughly about 5tb of hard disk space for these to be stored and upadated frequently. (Estimating that there are roughly 10 million active players)

1,048,576mb / 2mb = 524,288 players (therefore 524,288 players per 1TB)
10,000,000 players x 2mb = 20,000,000mb -> 19.08tb of space

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822101110 ~ It would cost them roughly $2100 per 8TB storage, and Jagex being the huge money making company it is, I'm pretty sure they can purchase more than just 20tb worth of space :p

And side note, even if they do not use a proper database (they must be stupid if they don't), it is still possible with high file sizes.

---

And as far as the account being banned, I think you might have just over did that anti ban :p It makes it look a bit fishy if your character seems to have ADHD (no offense to people with this disorder).

~NS

drunken git
06-19-2009, 05:38 AM
People have been getting banned withing 20 mins of making an account and starting botting with rs bot.

Lance
06-19-2009, 05:46 AM
And as far as the account being banned, I think you might have just over did that anti ban :p It makes it look a bit fishy if your character seems to have ADHD (no offense to people with this disorder).

none taken :rolleyes:

KillerX3189
06-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't it be illegal for them to invade your privacy like that? I don't believe they do all that.

Oh please. Nearly every popular site does that. Facebook, Scour, Myspace, GOOGLE. Google adds cookies to your internet files and disguises it as the personalized web searching bs. They track the people who have been searching things about hacking and anything suspicious, and sell some information to the government. I was about to log into Runescape to woodcut yews in Rimminton then bots came instantly in to my mind. I opened a new tab and started searching up sythe on google. My Runescape tabs has the loading circle for about a second, each time a switch a page. I re downloaded SCAR. Guess what happens next? I couldn't login on the Runescape window that has been there the whole time, and my beloved COMODO internet security caught many suspicious things Being caused by Firefox, which has never happened before. Makes you think, doesn't it?

No offense taken.

Camaro'
06-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Its illegal for jagex to check our computers, if we don't know about it, its illegal, if they warn us, and we still don't mind, its legal. Unless somewhere in the terms of service it says we can check your computer any time, its illegal. ;)

Oh please. Nearly every popular site does that. Facebook, Scour, Myspace, GOOGLE. Google adds cookies to your internet files and disguises it as the personalized web searching bs. They track the people who have been searching things about hacking and anything suspicious, and sell some information to the government. I was about to log into Runescape to woodcut yews in Rimminton then bots came instantly in to my mind. I opened a new tab and started searching up sythe on google. My Runescape tabs has the loading circle for about a second, each time a switch a page. I re downloaded SCAR. Guess what happens next? I couldn't login on the Runescape window that has been there the whole time, and my beloved COMODO internet security caught many suspicious things Being caused by Firefox, which has never happened before. Makes you think, doesn't it?

No offense taken.

That's incorrect, None of those names you mentioned checks any one of anybody's tabs. :)

KillerX3189
06-24-2009, 06:02 AM
No, but they do add cookies that can possibly trace you and store information on a log somewhere in a subfolder. Google does that.

Camaro'
06-24-2009, 06:15 AM
No, but they do add cookies that can possibly trace you and store information on a log somewhere in a subfolder. Google does that.

Possibly :rolleyes:

Cnr - Out:p

Neehosoft
07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
When I macro, i use a proxy or I.P. Faker ALWAYS
If you using multi player, and your running it 24/7 JAGEX may log your I.P. (it says you last logged in from ***.***.***)
did you mask your scar as a different program/process?
This thread scared me.
Where you macroing signed? Unsigned hides most info, signed could possibly allow RS to scan through your computer for scar/macros.
Sucks though about the acc, RIP and good luck
Donnie

Neehosoft
07-19-2009, 02:15 PM
oh yeah, sorry for double posting, but about SMART, that could be the problem too. I dont think its completely detectable, but it could be more than normal scripts. my friend used a macro recorder for 10 hours and alched like 15 mage lvls and didint get caught and that was recent, so dont worry about SCAR. If anythings getting taken out, its RSBOT.

Ouivile
07-19-2009, 03:14 PM
why make autotalkers/commenters. u cant get reported unless u trade or say someting. (which is reallllly stupid on jagex part especially for the "inaproriate name" rule) the one thing i can think of was a mod was there and noticed it? maybe?

ps

When you run a signed applet Java has far more control outside the applet.. So in theory they COULD search your computer for macroes.

idt thats in any agreenment u consent to when making an acount thefore illegal?

Raams
07-19-2009, 06:09 PM
When someone reports another person for macroing, that person becomes "flagged" and Jagex keeps a close eye on you, and possibly every connection made by your IP.

So your not gonna have any screenshots of someone reporting you, it could of been days or even a week ago that you got reported..

Im not sure how long they watch you when your flagged though... Maybe a week or two..

Blender
07-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Personally, I don't think Jagex cares much about macros.

People get Members accounts to auto, so they are making money without even having people play.

Jegex could ban everybody here if they wanted to, it isn't that hard ;).

in_jeopardy
08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
Keypresses are logged by the client, and if you're taking thousands of screenshots... no human would do that.

Matsetst
08-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Keypresses are logged by the client, and if you're taking thousands of screenshots... no human would do that.

If they log your key presses then that is the most logical reason for me that they banned you. I'm getting paranoid if i read those threads. It scares the hell out of me. I started yesterday autoing on runescape again (i didn't played for like 7 months) and i over used botting on my account. Like 5 hours auto fishing and 3/4 hours fletching maples in 24 hours. I am mad at myself because i autoed to long on a day and are scared to lose my main with over 1680 total. I don't know what to do now. Should i donĀ“t auto for a couple of days or shall i don't auto more then 2 hours a day on my main. Maybe its already to late and ban they me in 14 days. I am from now using chrome when i am playing rs so they cant research my files.

What a pity that you lost your account :(

Lavitz
08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Wow they got a LOT better since the last time i was on. How many accounts were u using?

minsten
08-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Im hoping im not going to get benned:)
-Minsten

NiCbaZ
08-15-2009, 07:04 PM
having macros on your computer such as SCAR does not prove at all that you macro.

BobboHobbo
08-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Quote from Runescapes Privacy Policy.

What other information is collected and stored?
We use cookies, collect and store IP-addresses, alphanumeric IDs and other unique identifiers in order to identify specific computers that access our websites. We identify and store the versions of Java and .NET (if any) on your computer along with your browser and operating system.

We generate and store logs indicating usage of our websites such as activity in our games and public and private chat communications. This includes monitoring play patterns and anti-tamper checks which verify the correct internal operation of our software and are designed to spot abusive or inappropriate activities.

We may track your use of certain features and areas of our websites to help us improve them.

If our client software held on your computer fails, it sends an automatic error report to our server to help us fix it. This error report only includes information about the internal state of our own client software and which browser/java version it is running on. It does not include data from elsewhere on your system and so does not reveal personally identifiable information to us.

We store 'save game' and 'game settings' information to enable us to provide a better games service in which your activities and achievements are remembered in the game, and we conduct polls to find better ways of serving the needs of our users

They must save all data somewhere on our computers before it gets sent to Jagex. And if you run SMART, what browser is it running it in? Like what information would that send to Jagex?

comando346
08-16-2009, 05:06 PM
mind sending me a copy of the script? i'll check it out for you...

Cstrike
08-16-2009, 10:48 PM
If a Jagex mod was reading this they'd think were analyzing it too far.

This is what I think happened:
1) A random noob sees you, and reports you
2) They check you out-- and with some methods ban you.

Trust me, the runescape report system is fucked... because noobs report higher level players for NO REASON. I've seen it done. There was a guy who reported me so much (because I lead him to his death) that he got banned. I've gone around on accounts saying "Fuck jagex ban me go to goatse.com i want your pass lololol" (not exactly like that, but I did break a lot of rules), with an autotalker in varrock-- and I still have the account.
The system gets clogged with shit.

Anyways, think of noobs as a severe anti-random. They randomly report people for no reason.

ALSO
---------------
The signed/unsigned thing can't be true. I've autoed two accounts with signed and unsigned together on the same computer, one without smart. I've done it for about 2-3 weeks and I'm still not banned. Well, it could be true, but I have a conclusion:

Conclusion: You only get banned if you get reported or sit online for more than 6 hours without moving from a spot.

Even my last part is wrong, because I've left myself in a maze for almost 7 hours and not been banned.

Watch me get banned in the next few days :(

sage killer
08-18-2009, 04:42 AM
Almost makes me want to stop autoing....... Almost

donkeyballs
12-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Wow that sucks

Matsetst
12-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Grave digging is against the rules donkeyballs (lol funny name) Please look at the date of the post above you.

royalsymbol
12-31-2009, 07:42 AM
People have been getting banned withing 20 mins of making an account and starting botting with rs bot.

i botted afew times with rsbot but its like 1month after and they ban you, now that they are quite undetectable i guess?

YoHoJo
12-31-2009, 10:36 AM
All of you last four posters.
The last post when this thread was still 'active' was made on
"08-16-2009".

Please read the date of the last post before posting, you are gravedigging old threads!