PDA

View Full Version : :How to be Emo:

papetowe
03-25-2006, 08:23 AM
For those of you who are depressed, or act like it, and are not currently emo..you may want to take this guide into consideration.

It used to be considered "cool" Well not really, but you will have alot of people who think they are "individual" when they all look the same.

Lesson 1: Veganomics
Be a vegan. My World Book dictionary (copyright 1972) describes a vegan as:
veg*an, n., adj. British. -n. a strict vegetarian: The true vegan excludes all animal protein from his diet, and he may even forego articles of clothing and household equipment of animal origin (New Scientist).
-adj. strictly vegetarian: It is difficult for a vegan diet not to result in deficiencies (J.G. Sutherland). [veg(etari)an]

...but don't become a vegan because you care about animal rights and the preservation of wildlife. Be a vegan to be cool.

Lesson 3:Tight Pants
Wear them roughly 5 sizes too small. Thats all.
Lesson 4: Dad's Closet
Go into your Father's closet, or into any "Mens" department at your local mall, and find some button down shirts. These shirts must look like any 40-55 year old would wear while doing yard work.
Next, find some sweaters...the fuzzier the better. Your dad's closet or dresser drawer is bound to be full of these things.
On your way to the vests. You might want to look in the closet again for these, as they are usually ironed so that dad will look good at the office. Put it on and take it to a sweaty concert.
Look for a REALLY LONG BELT. If your dad's fat, you're more than likely to find this accessory.
Sweater-vests are a good find as well. If none of these things float your boat, get some really tight t-shirts. Anything that looks somewhat emo, take 'em, and wear these garments to complete your emo look.
dont forget the thick rimmed glasses!
Lesson 5: Backpacks, Backpacks, Backpacks!!
Grab your backpack. Take all the unimportant things out...these things include pencils, school books, term papers, calculators, or anything that's taking up valuable space in there. Keep things an emo kid like yourself might need. For example:

* vegan food
* extra patches in case the ones on your bag fall off
* emo poetry
* extra hair dye
* wood beaded necklasses
* Razor

Make sure you have all the popular emo band's patches sewn onto your satchel. You want to make sure everyone knows how much you love these bands so they will think you're cool.

Lesson 6: Acting Emo in Everyday Life
These next two are very important lessons, because this is when all of the emo kids will be judging you. Act uninterested in everything. Nothing in the world is exciting enough for you.
If you walk into someone's living room and there's a rinocerous in there, act like it doesn't excite you. Just yawn, and ask for some rice pilaf or beans to munch on. Be really WHINY about it too. Whine a lot, and you'll be on your way to acting emo.

Lesson 7: Acting Emo at Emo Concerts
Once completing lessons (1) through (5), make your way to the emo show. It doesn't matter how you get there, because any method of transportation is emo exept for mopeds, bicycles, roller-skates, and limos. If you want to be TOTALLY emo, show up in a late-1980's van with all your favorite stickers on the back.
Now, the band comes on. You stand up front where you can see the band, and the band can see you. Do one of the following: either cross your arms, or put your hands in your pockets. The only time you're allowed to move your hands is when you clap at the end of a song.
Bob your head along with the music, but remember lesson (6) - ACT UNINTERESTED. Even if this is your favorite band in the world, you MUST NOT sing along, or even cheer after songs. Just applaud.
Lesson 8: Emo Music
Try to listen to mainly emo music.
Lesson 9: "Cut" Well not really, use a thumbtack and barely scratch the skin on your wrists so it bleeds a bit. Then people think that your trying to commit suicide. They will notice this and nod in approval.. you will feel your emoness rising.
Lip Ring:
Get one of these quick!

The Hair!
Make sure its weird, and use lots of gell and dye.

MYSPACE or XANGA
Get one of these blogs and post emo pictures of yourself, and make fake families of emo colleages.

ACTING GAY
Make sure you like the opposite sex, well at least interested in them. Its very important.

I hope this list was acurate enough to make you emo in a short period of time, and not cost you a lot of money. Take care.

Found this guide a year ago, edited it abit to my liking. :cool:

Krazy_Meerkat
03-25-2006, 10:19 AM
I always though kane would post his tutorial on being an emo :/
J/k Kaney ;)
Nice one papertowe (btw, did you forget an "l" at the end of your name?) very funny :p

The Un-Named
03-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I always though kane would post his tutorial on being an emo :/
J/k Kaney ;)
Nice one papertowe (btw, did you forget an "l" at the end of your name?) very funny :p

You presumed his name was papertowel.

I remember first post=p
03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Pwnd shalt be piss-ethed.

Arkanor
03-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Save a cow. Eat a vegan.

Interesting tutorial. :P

Kernel Klink
03-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Very creative. However, I can see this being offensive to some people.

Pwnd
03-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Pape, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Go die.

I'm not a vegan, I wear 0's in womens pants ;)

I don't use any gel, but I have black hair.

I'm not gay, nor do I plan on it.

Emo music sucks, believe me.

Think rimmed glasses are gay as hell. Also, I haven't worn a button up shirt in my on voluntary life or plan on it either. Fake emos write poetry and suicide notes.

Next time get your facts straight, jerk.
Cutting is more of a suicidal idiot, rather than an emo.

Pwnd shalt be piss-ethed.
Damn right.

papetowe
03-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Looks like your not emo then.

Pwnd I seriously could give a fuck less what you think. Oh almighty emo goddess of all thing blood soaken- and depressing.

Its a guide- referring to a subculture that many young teens, like yourself, follow.

Pwnd
03-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Looks like your not emo then.

Pwnd I seriously could give a fuck less what you think. Oh almighty emo goddess of all thing blood soaken- and depressing.

Its a guide- referring to a subculture that many young teens, like yourself, follow.
And which stereotypes, like yourself, have falsely portrayed.

Xerxes
03-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Pwnd and Kane are emos and they have sex i heard.

XxKanexX
03-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Pwnd and Kane are emos and they have sex i heard.
No, that's just your immaturity inside you telling you to act as an idiot and seed for attention. :)

It's working well to.

Krazy_Meerkat
03-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Oh I didn't know there were such things as self-procaimed emo's :/ I guess only an emo would do something like that
I have nothing against kane or pwnd, I <3 them

Xerxes
03-26-2006, 10:35 AM
No, that's just your immaturity inside you telling you to act as an idiot and seed for attention. :)

It's working well to.

Are you serious? I have been trying to look for my immaturity inside that tells me stuff but no luck. Ah well. I was just telling people the truth, after all..thats what we all want to know..right ;).

XxKanexX
03-26-2006, 12:07 PM
I have been trying to look for my immaturity inside that tells me stuff but no luck.
Well, you're plain blind.

I was just telling people the truth
Blind and can't tell the different between a truth and a lie.

Wow Xerxes. I thought you were atleast a little bit smarter than that. ;)

asdf
03-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Pape, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Go die.

I'm not a vegan, I wear 0's in womens pants ;)

I don't use any gel, but I have black hair.

I'm not gay, nor do I plan on it.

Emo music sucks, believe me.

Think rimmed glasses are gay as hell. Also, I haven't worn a button up shirt in my on voluntary life or plan on it either. Fake emos write poetry and suicide notes.

Next time get your facts straight, jerk.
Cutting is more of a suicidal idiot, rather than an emo.

Damn right.
Pwnd: what are you getting cut about? He did nothing to attack you in the first place. You got majorly aggressive about nothing actually aimed at you. You would only care if infact you were emo, but you think emo music sucks.. therefore, in the true sense of the word, you are not emo.

Xerxes
03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, you're plain blind.

Blind and can't tell the different between a truth and a lie.

Wow Xerxes. I thought you were atleast a little bit smarter than that. ;)

I am blind? That's weird, because I see stuff just like any other human.

Well yes, I am smarter than you atleast.

Pwnd
03-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I am blind? That's weird, because I see stuff just like any other human.

Well yes, I am smarter than you atleast.
Xerxes, why do you come back to places such as this?

Xerxes
03-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Xerxes, why do you come back to places such as this?

To make your ass burn.

Sdcit
03-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Im telling danksta to move this -.- this is getting wierd

Dankness
03-26-2006, 06:50 PM
moved to the proper forum, have fun here.

WhiteShadow
03-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Now this is really weird. I fit alot of these. But I'm not Emo. I have my own style. Semi-Cutters/Semi-Emo/Semi-Nerd/Semi-Regular happy people. It just makes me more kool. :p

Pwnd
03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
To make your ass burn.
It's not working :(

And sorry, adsf.

Krazy_Meerkat
03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Why would you say something like that?
Not cool man :/

XxKanexX
03-27-2006, 01:34 AM
To make your ass burn.
Use Sdcit. He likes it.

Sdcit
03-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Yesyes, though i may have gotten too attached to kane already :p

XxKanexX
03-27-2006, 01:58 AM

Lay 1 finger, toe or anything else on me and ill refine you into bread, cook you in the toaster and feed you to your poor molested dog.

Get the message Sdcit.

WhiteShadow
03-27-2006, 02:53 AM

Wow that makes you sound gay. I'll have to believe in Kane if this keeps up.

XxKanexX
03-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Wow that makes you sound gay. I'll have to believe in Kane if this keeps up.
He is. :p Read his thread in pit section ;)

Xerxes
03-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Use Sdcit. He likes it.

Atleast I didn't try to have virtual sex or try to date bebemycat2 together with Abbysal and some other retards. Rofl.

papetowe
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Pwnd: what are you getting cut about? He did nothing to attack you in the first place. You got majorly aggressive about nothing actually aimed at you. You would only care if infact you were emo, but you think emo music sucks.. therefore, in the true sense of the word, you are not emo.
<asdf3

Finally, someone is picking up what im putting down.

XxKanexX
03-28-2006, 02:04 AM
<asdf3

Drop some chocolate cookies and i'll be right there.

The Un-Named
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Drop some chocolate cookies and i'll be right there.

Haha kane. :)

Cheesehunk
03-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Sorry Pwnd, but I can't stand Emo's, at least the ones in my school...

I remember first post=p
03-30-2006, 03:42 AM
<asdf3

When did you join Kaitnieks, who is asdf, what was his position on kait, and what project was he working on?

Pwnd
03-30-2006, 03:54 AM
When did you join Kaitnieks, who is asdf, what was his position on kait, and what project was he working on?
He was a Kait admin, he was working on XScar.

I hope you were kidding with that list of questions.

krunkjuice
04-02-2006, 02:16 AM
http://emoorangesmovie.ytmnd.com/

Lol funny video about emo oranges.

moparisthebest
04-02-2006, 06:23 AM
vegetarians are stupid, thats all ;) :D

XxKanexX
04-02-2006, 07:01 AM
vegetarians are stupid, thats all ;) :D
Hmm. It's their personal choice. You kill deers though ;( -Sniffle-

What if a deer miraculously found a gun and shot you? huh? I'd laugh. :)

Pwnd
04-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Hmm. It's their personal choice. You kill deers though ;( -Sniffle-

What if a deer miraculously found a gun and shot you? huh? I'd laugh. :)
I'd cry.... But because I was laughing to hard.

hotboyphil
04-04-2006, 05:11 AM
why would any1 wana b emo??
like u hate life cuz u have none, theres a paradox its called engoy life dotn try be wut yur not and like fuck the rist cuttign thing is just rediculs like, dude ppls could sue 4 u telling em how 2 kill them selves!

XxKanexX
04-04-2006, 05:29 AM
why would any1 wana b emo??
like u hate life cuz u have none, theres a paradox its called engoy life dotn try be wut yur not and like fuck the rist cuttign thing is just rediculs like, dude ppls could sue 4 u telling em how 2 kill them selves!
It's another personal choice. And people have their reasons.

Although i agree, how could anyone slit there wrist.. -shiver-

No offense Pwnd. :rolleyes:

WhiteShadow
04-04-2006, 05:53 AM

People slit their wrists usually because they've faced to much bad things. Living is just torture so what's the point. When you die you get to just disappear. Or if you have a religion you believe in Heaven and such. Dieing would be more pleasant for them.

:( I feel bad for people who commit suicide. They must of had a rough time.

Pwnd
04-04-2006, 10:00 AM

I don't cut, whore ;\

XxKanexX
04-04-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't cut, whore ;\
The pains once again overcome you, poor Pwnd ;(.. Slut. :p ;)

Pwnd
04-04-2006, 12:53 PM
The pains once again overcome you, poor Pwnd ;(.. Slut. :p ;)
I dont' have pains sad4 ;(

Crack bitch :P

I remember first post=p
04-05-2006, 10:27 PM
He was a Kait admin, he was working on XScar.

I hope you were kidding with that list of questions.

Pwnd, you know I was around since sept. on kaitnieks. Now that papetowe has all the answers... :mad: I was seeing if he was a poser, or if he actually was around during that period.

ShadowSyntax
04-06-2006, 09:46 AM
No offence, but I've seen a way better guide to being emo.
http://www.omgjeremy.com/emo.shtml

<3 omgjeremy :p

phantombmx
04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
hahaha
emo kids can be found in small throngs at your local mall foodcourt they said throngs!! wait wtf is a throng? dont they mean thong? whoa odd story :rolleyes:

JiveTonto@Gmail.com
04-07-2006, 08:24 AM
looks handy ..........if your gay

WhiteShadow
04-07-2006, 08:39 AM
looks handy ..........if your gay

Are you implying that Emos are gay? Well, fuck you. :mad:

XxKanexX
04-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Are you implying that Emos are gay? Well, fuck you. :mad:
You're Emo? or just in love with Pwnd? :p

SomethingToHide
04-23-2006, 05:11 AM
They don't slit their wrists because they want to die or hate life, they do it because

A - Attention
or in rare occasions

B - It makes them calm.

Yes it does make calm, when you're bipolar or have a mental problem like that, when you're mad and hurt yourself, you get calmer.

c0de
04-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Here's what google says what emo is:

# a post-town, in the parish of COOLBANAGHER, barony of PORTNEHINCH, QUEEN'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (E.) from Maryborough, and 34 3/4 (WSW) from Dublin, near the high road to Maryborough; containing 14 houses and 102 inhabitants. Here are the RC chapel (a neat building), a public school, and a constabulary police station. Adjoining the town is Emo park, formerly Dawson's Court, the splendid mansion of the Earl of Portarlington.-- See COOLBANAGHER.
www.booksulster.com/library/topog/e.php

# Emergency Management Office (USA).
www.nf2g.com/scannist/glossary_e.html

# Emo (an abbreviation of "emotionally-driven Hardcore punk") is a term now broadly used to describe almost any form of guitar-driven alternative rock that expresses emotions beyond traditional punk's limited emotional palette of alienation and rage. It is also used to describe fans of this genre, most commonly teenagers. (e.g., emo kid). The actual term "emo" originated in the mid-1980s D.C. scene, with the band Rites of Spring, as well as bands such as Fugazi, Moss Icon, and Antioch Arrow. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo

# Emo is an Irish filling station chain, owned by DCC. It was created in 2000 when BP Amoco purchased the Burmah filling stations (along with the rest of Castrol). As BP had closed their Irish operations (selling them to Statoil), they had little interest in Burmahs Irish network, and it was purchased by DCC.

JiveTonto@Gmail.com
04-24-2006, 01:41 AM
lol google owned that one

The Prince of Randomness?
05-26-2006, 03:33 AM
What a bunch of stereotypical bullshit, most of that is not emo.

@Pwnd
I would have done the same thing, why do people consider me emo if i am none of these things (Sorry if i am getting the wrong image)

Tarantula
07-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I'll must be emo! xD

This is sick :F

~Tarantula

Bego
07-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I seriously have no fucking idea why someone would want to be emo.

07-02-2006, 09:41 PM
If someone acts depressed and doesnt really fit in, they could be an emo and fit in ith emo kids.

WhiteShadow
07-02-2006, 10:15 PM
If someone acts depressed and doesnt really fit in, they could be an emo and fit in ith emo kids.

Emo with emo, oh how fun. (:

Ok peoples, If your a spoiled brat, with richass mama's and papa's that love you and you have nothing to worry about, you must be a poser. If your mostly stress free your not emo. If you cut you might be emo, or a whacko. If you think it's prideful to be emo your definately not emo! because you don't know what it's really about. Being an emo helps people, if you just like emo fashion then fine, but your not emo. Appearances are nothing. Emo is more of a feeling.

Avaphi
07-02-2006, 10:23 PM
maybe change it to.. :how to be a fag/emo/queer/gay person: because I honestly cant stand emo's nor gays, so they are all in one category for me :)

WhiteShadow
07-02-2006, 10:42 PM
maybe change it to.. :how to be a fag/emo/queer/gay person: because I honestly cant stand emo's nor gays, so they are all in one category for me :)

Very bratty kid you are...

07-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Fuck you db..

Avaphi
07-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Bratty no, Just grew up with different beleifes(sp..lol) and in a different place then you, Thats all :) I consider gay men.. Something wrong in the head with them, because it has been proven by a many few that it is wrong. so I categorize emo's in the same area because of the fact that there must be something wrong in there head because.. I dont know what kind of sick person would cut them selves. Its not even the music.. the clothes.. Everything is ok.. but the cutting of the wrist.. that disgusts me :mad:

Jagex_Fagex
07-03-2006, 03:55 AM
im not emo, i sometimes cut myself when im depressed... im not affected in the head at all.. go shove that up your scientifically proven ass and have tolerance of other types.

EDIT: DB if i ever see you, remind me to smash your head in with a win bottle?:mad:

07-03-2006, 03:56 AM
but stereotyping that every emo cuts? no.
I cut when im sad. thats all. when im really depressed.

WhiteShadow
07-03-2006, 05:31 AM
but stereotyping that every emo cuts? no.
I cut when im sad. thats all. when im really depressed.

Me too. I even made an X once, I've had it for 3 years now, and it's slowly fading. I was really lost and sad.

Avaphi
07-03-2006, 07:00 AM
I never said that all emos cut, but that fact that some do is just disturbing in my mind :\ You are obviously effected in the head from Something/Someone that traumatized you sometime in your life. So yes you kind of are a bit messed up if you cut, Because after all there is always a reason for depression, which I guess in some people( I feel sorry that you resort to this :\)triggers a feeling that you need to inflict pain on yourself. I feel sorry for cutters but.. I dont know, its just wrong in my mind, I always find other ways to get rid of my depression, I script :) And why did you call me a brat, because I express my opinion on a >>FORUM<< and they are different then yours ? :eek: Also, you would like to smash a wine bottle on my head?... for expressing an opinion.. on a FORUM(once again...) and it is different then yours... Wow

Jagex_Fagex
07-03-2006, 07:24 AM
no, i would like to because you show no tolerance of other types.. sure you can post your opinion, but thats all, you should show tolerance of other types and not try to pay them out..

Avaphi
07-03-2006, 07:50 AM
I never said I cant stand emo's I just dont understand how they can cut them selves. On the other hand... I..err.. I am homophobic :\ I cant change the way I am. It was imprinted into my brain, so.. I dunno :p

jcs_double
07-03-2006, 08:29 AM
all my friends reckon i could be emo but nobody would like it and another person i know he dyes his hair black and he gets all of the attention for being emo and he hates it. also i could never cut myself i am afraid of pain

I remember first post=p
07-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Why must people awake the threads that sleep with their ancestors?

The Un-Named
07-04-2006, 03:42 AM

The same guy also wrote:

On the other hand... I..err.. I am homophobic :\

, and to top it all:

I never said I cant stand emo's

Avaphi
07-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Ok your right, But I can stand emos as long as there not within... 4 feet of me for more then 30 seconds k?

Eludis
07-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Ummm, that OMGJeremy site has like a million hentai reviews and articles lol...Who found it first??? XD

armanie14
07-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Lol i thought that was pretty funny.

I don't know if he did it to offend people or what but i found it funny anyway.

Who cares if your emo anyway.. thought you were supposed to act un-interested. but here you all were getting "uppity".

Long dead thread.

oliver1205
10-02-2006, 12:52 AM
lmao this made my day

Ruroken
10-02-2006, 06:55 PM
stop resurrecting old threads...

someone
10-05-2006, 07:41 AM
so let me get this right, emo or whatever(lol) is just an expression of some dumbass teenage angst rubbish? I always thought that emo was some character off that old puppet show "the muppets"

Drew_Dawg
02-17-2007, 05:36 PM
heh

yeahright.
02-28-2007, 06:58 PM
LMAO this is great.
i wanna be emo. lol not really.

Drew_Dawg
03-17-2007, 09:00 PM
dude, don't be hating on emos, just because we're depressed doesn't mean we suck at life, ok we do, but that's not the point

SonOfSheep
03-20-2007, 08:25 PM
my friends are "emo". You just are describing the people who want to be emo to be cool.

cause
03-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Emo people are dumb.

spermis
04-08-2007, 05:57 PM
emo`s sucks ass :(

joshie
04-29-2007, 03:09 PM
i wear black but i don't consider my self emo, lol:P

oooo a knife! *slice* mmmm

Yakman
05-02-2007, 08:45 PM
nice guide, ill foward this onto my irl friend... he will find it very useful

Wizzup?
05-02-2007, 09:01 PM
nice guide, ill foward this onto my irl friend... he will find it very useful

03-25-2006, 07:23 AM

Woot, Che needs to learn not to gravedig. :p

woo hoo
05-03-2007, 06:14 AM
Edit by Sumilion : No need for such language.

sheetomg
07-01-2007, 03:16 PM
who won state of origin?