PDA

View Full Version : Scar#?

Phoenix13nl
01-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi, im pretty good at programming in C# and im pretty bored at the moment.
I'm trying to make some usefull applications, but i cant realy think of any anymore. my question is, would there be intrest in a C# version of Scar++?
it probably wont get as good as scar++ as i havent done any scar last 3 months and i forgot most of it, but still.. some people maybe might want it?
if so, i realy like writing a framework for it, and actualy, im starting right now.

My previous idea was to write my own version of Scar, or rather.. my own .Net language compiler, i started with something simple and it worked realy well, it created a working .exe (h) , but for a full programming language, im gonna spend months to write it i guess:duh: , so i came up with this easier and more usefull (i hope) idea.

**EDIT:**
lol, sorry for voting this 5 stars, i didint expect that it would rate it as it's my own thread,
my appologies for that :P

Buckleyindahouse
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
if ppl are interested, then I may be able to provide help if needed.

boberman
01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I would suggest just importing scar++ into c#. Scar++ should compile just fine under MSVC, making it pretty easy to import in and use how you like.

Buckleyindahouse
01-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I would suggest just importing scar++ into c#. Scar++ should compile just fine under MSVC, making it pretty easy to import in and use how you like.
That's also no fun and can become problem some if not converted properly.

Phoenix13nl
01-28-2009, 03:52 PM
That's also no fun and can become problem some if not converted properly.
exactly, :D ^

if ppl are interested, then I may be able to provide help if needed.
that would be very nice :) ^

Im almost done with the Mouse functions, all i still need for that is SleepAndMoveMouse and IdleTime. :D

R0b0t1
01-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Why? You can call the functions from the DLL just the same.

Phoenix13nl
01-29-2009, 05:25 AM
I tried to add a reference to scar++ but vs(Visual Studio 2008) couldnt.

boberman
01-29-2009, 07:10 AM
http://blogs.msdn.com/junfeng/archive/2004/07/14/181932.aspx

You just make a call to Dllimport, and away you go. Shouldn't be too bad really.

If you really wanted to have some fun, you could change the scar++ library to be compiled as a .net or COM library (not recommended)

Phoenix13nl
01-29-2009, 10:58 AM
hm, that could be an option too, if i realy dont know how to create a function i will.. but ill try to write it myself as much as possible. i wont create something to set the window control though, as that makes everything alot hard and it doesnt realy matter that much (i think). the color/bitmap values will be diffrent, so ill create something to get bitmaps/colors/dtm's later.

boberman
01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
The only reason I would suggest no re-writing the scar stuff over again, is because I would much rather you add work to scar++ instead :). No sense in rewriting the same code twice.

If you feel you must do it, feel free to use some of the scar++ code, just make sure you credit the scar++ team if you do.

Phoenix13nl
01-29-2009, 06:57 PM
i deffinitly will add the scar++ team to the credits once its finished, because for some code i'd have no clue on how to achieve it without and example. i'd like to join the scar++ team or work on scar++, but i dont know C++ :) but if i manage to make some cool new functions ill let you know because its easy to translate to C++. :D