PDA

View Full Version : Removing Ads on Runescape

mirisido
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM
So everyone, and I assume you also, have always wanted the game to run smoother. The way to do this is by eliminating the ads entirely from the top of the game screen.
To do this you will need the following things:

* A computer
* Firefox
* A finger to push the LMB
* Common sense

First open up firefox, If you don't have I highly recommend it because it is faster and safer

Then under the "tools" tab (second to the right) select and click "Add-ons"

Then click "Get Add-ons" and search "Adblock plus"

You will now have a list of Add-ons which you can put on to firefox. I recommend adding the top four that are on the list, but the only required one for it to work is the one with the icon of a stop sign that says "ABP" in it.

Restart Firefox and you now have an ad free Runescape, and that means alot less lag.

Shuttleu
01-30-2009, 11:55 PM
your title is very misleading
it says free membership but you dont get membership
could you rename it?

~shut

mirisido
01-31-2009, 12:49 AM
ok, i meant for it to be a joke with the "well umm... partially" because members don't have ads on top and that's what this tut helps you achieve but I will change it because I'm not funny :duh:

piilu
02-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Use Opera, right-click on the banner and block content. shift + lmb will do the trick (no shift will block all images in rs)

mazo1
02-01-2009, 04:27 PM
lol this aint free membership fail!!! xD and if u do want free member ship well if u go on rsbot then go onto the membership thread they sell u 25 days of membership pins for 2mil :) worth it if u imgine it

P1nky
02-09-2009, 02:14 AM
btw yeah that title did get me lol, though i got it why you chose it :p

Good Tut thanks.

KingKong
10-23-2011, 08:03 AM
wasnt the recaptcha supposed to stop spam bots?

cycrosism
10-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I made a tutorial on how to do this like a year ago... (Check my sig below)

Nava2
10-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I made a tutorial on how to do this like a year ago... (Check my sig below)

This was a spam bot's gravedig.

:/

cycrosism
10-24-2011, 04:57 AM
How was I gravedigging when the post before mine was from yesterday?

Zyt3x
10-24-2011, 09:38 AM
How was I gravedigging when the post before mine was from yesterday?He didn't say you were gravedigging. He said a spam-bot gravedug the thread (his post is not deleted)