PDA

View Full Version : Scripting Regulations - ALL READ

Hobbit
02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
The SRL Staff has decided it is time that we need to clamp down some regulations. Some of you have already heard about them through hearsay but now they are official and will be upheld accordingly.

The new rules:

We do NOT obfuscate our scripts, we do not encrypt them. You are free to do so, but you are not allowed to post any reference to it on SRL.
We do NOT use default stats accounts. This has been discussed before, and it is not allowed.
We do NOT terminate scripts if Stats accounts are not filled in. You post a script, people will leech it. It's a simple as that. Without SRL-Stats you wouldn't even add this kind of stuff to your script. (No Anti-Leech system)
We do NOT log any RuneScape account details.
We do NOT open web pages that contain no useful addition to the script. And unless you can come up with a real good reason, I suggest you don't use it at all. Opening Web Pages that are used for ads, etc. are not allowed. *
We do NOT hide any code from the human eye, we do NOT space it to the right. We have nothing to hide.
Pluggins must ALWAYS be posted with their source.

* Useful: Online progress reports, status reports, version checker, ...,
* Not Useful: Adverstisements, click for cash, ...;
* Strictly forbidden: Username, Password. Nicks are allowed. Screenshot of IP is taken on login by SRL and saved locally for users safety.
* If you are unsure of a feature, ask staff.

We understand and if your script violates these regulations that you will need time to make alterations. We have set a deadline for these alterations to be done. If you fail to meet this deadline, you script may be temporarily removed and/or you may be infracted depending on your willingness to cooperate. Please read these rules carefully and post if you do not understand.

The Rules are now in effect!

Cheers
SRL Staff

Tickyy
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
1st post :p

Sounds interesting... btw, why no more anti-leech? :p?

Bad Processor
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Dont tell me that SRL staff are sticking up for the leechers? I don't believe it.
Jokes :P anyway, that should teach code-hiders a lesson.

-- BP

Naike
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Good good..

*I thought this was already said in another thread?*

TViYH
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I thought this had already been done =/

Baked0420
02-03-2009, 08:15 PM
argh, now I have to make sure I don't have anti-leech in any scripts of mine posted or risk an infraction, and I have to make sure I don't have anything pushed to the right (only thing I remember pushing to the right was something stupid, because a function wasn't working in SRL so I edited it and put it to the right, with credits of course). Ugh, now to d/l any script I have posted on here and go over them.

jakeyboy29
02-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Good good..

yeh twice by rasta.

Wizzup?
02-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I have posted this a few months ago, and the Rules have been applied every since.
This is serves as a reminder.

Hobbit
02-03-2009, 11:42 PM

Announcements not threads

yeh twice by rasta.

See above

I have posted this a few months ago, and the Rules have been applied every since.
This is serves as a reminder.

Wizzup? you didn't post in public anywhere that RM or I could find..

Da 0wner
02-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Why can't we hide stuff like authorization. Do we have to post on ScuneRape and stuff like that?

And I guess mastaraymonds obfuscater is gone now?

Hobbit
02-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Why can't we hide stuff like authorization. Do we have to post on ScuneRape and stuff like that?

People have abused that privilege too much

MasterKill
02-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Hmm, good good.

But, I disagree with one thing: do NOT terminate your script if no srl stats account. I agree on the "do not terminate" part, but in my iron miners and willow cutters form, the script wont start if your srl id and pass is empty. Except it will say when you press on start: "please get a srl stats account to run this script".
I think, that's the only thing scriptwriters may ask as exchange for there work (as in a good working script). But if you really say it's against the rules to stop the script, I'll change it to "You don't have an srl stats account, you make me sad :(" and the script will start.

And an other thing, there should be a rule that people may not ask for "rep++". Because I think it's really annoying to see at some users threads in font size 7:
REP++ IF I HELPED YOU PLOX

Please take my words in consideration, thanks.

Da 0wner
02-04-2009, 06:51 AM
And an other thing, there should be a rule that people may not ask for "rep++". Because I think it's really annoying to see at some users threads in font size 7:
REP++ IF I HELPED YOU PLOX
Already a rule.

Kyle Undefined
02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Good points. I remember the "No Terminating Script" one. I think that it really came into affect when I got here. This serves as a good final warning.
/me searches through script section to find my old ones lol :p

~Camo

Dervish
02-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I am against this rule :

We do NOT terminate scripts if Stats accounts are not filled in. You post a script, people will leech it. It's a simple as that. Without SRL-Stats you wouldn't even add this kind of stuff to your script. (No Anti-Leech system)

It is so simple to get around the stats account checks :

Typing random stuff in it
Deleting a few lines...

If they would somehow "diserve" to use a script, they should do one of these :

1) Use SRL Stats, register an account takes ~2 minutes ?
2) Be able to understand how the script detects Stats Account information and break it (easy).

And I think alot of people will think as I do.

Well its only an opinion, after all.

Sir R. M8gic1an
02-05-2009, 12:18 AM
What most of you might not realize is that these rules already existed, mainly through word of mouth. This just actually makes them official.

And I guess mastaraymonds obfuscater is gone now?

Do you really see many obfuscated scripts in SRL? Raymonds obfuscator can still be used, but just as before, the results of it won't be posted in srl. The point of an obfuscator is to hide how you did something.

Do any ideas pop into your head? So much harm can be done by these.

Obfuscators are normally used for selling scripts. Script Selling has never existed at SRL.

~RM

ian.
02-05-2009, 01:07 AM
The new rules:

We do NOT open web pages that contain no use full addition to the script. And unless you can come up with a real good reason, I suggest you don't use it at all. Opening Web Pages that are used for ads, etc. are not allowed.
We do NOT hide any code from the human eye, we do NOT space it to the right. We have nothing to hide.

first one, so proggy/update checker ok?

(I'm guessing it is)

and also.. I'm thinking of making a hands on tut that I was going to open beginners tut section of srl if you got like 3 things wrong.. is that ok? :)

thanks

Da 0wner
02-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Version checking etc. is not done with OpenWebPage. It is preformed with GetPage. And your second inquery should be acceptable because it has to do with scripting and the script. Only thinks not able to OpenWebPage are ads sites like bux.to etc.

ian.
02-05-2009, 08:32 AM
oh ok ^^ thanks

Sir R. M8gic1an
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I have added a small list of the most common things that use internet connection. Have a look at it as it would probably clear up many doubts you may have.

~RM

NCDS
02-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Are we aloud to have a Script Download Includes on Startup?

Sir R. M8gic1an
02-05-2009, 10:04 PM
[22:57] <RMagician> didn't really get your question about the scripting rules?
[22:58] <NCDS> oh, say I have a script that needs an include I wrote in order for it to work.
[22:58] <NCDS> instead of just posting it and having them do it
[22:58] <NCDS> can I just make the script do it?
[22:58] <NCDS> I know MasterKills old miner did that I was just checking to see if it was still ok or not
[22:58] <RMagician> an include as in a pluggin?
[22:58] <RMagician> or a .scar include?
[22:59] <NCDS> a .scar include
[22:59] <NCDS> have it download it into ..SRL/SRL...
[22:59] <RMagician> meh :/
[22:59] <RMagician> why not put it all in the script?
[22:59] <NCDS> if its not OK thats fine, I will just post the include as a seperate link and have people downlaod it on there own
[23:00] <NCDS> I could just do that too lol
[23:00] <RMagician> yes, putting it all on one file would be best really.
[23:00] <NCDS> ok, thats fine
[23:00] <NCDS> I just wanted to make sure
[23:00] <RMagician> i don't really like the idea of auto downloading include cus people will most likely not even look through it
[23:01] <NCDS> Yeah I understand what your saying
[23:02] <RMagician> mind if i just post this conversation as an aswer to your post? so other ppl can get the answer aswell :p
[23:02] <NCDS> Thats perfectly fine with me lol

~RM

Hobbit
02-06-2009, 01:36 AM
@NCDS:

We do NOT open web pages that contain no useful addition to the script. And unless you can come up with a real good reason, I suggest you don't use it at all. Opening Web Pages that are used for ads, etc. are not allowed. *

* Useful: Online progress reports, status reports, version checker, ...,
* Not Useful: Adverstisements, click for cash, ...;
* Strictly forbidden: Username, Password. Nicks are allowed.
* If you are unsure of a feature, ask staff.

Baked0420
02-06-2009, 07:47 PM
so HOBBIT, wouldn't downloading an include be useful? it's not really clearly stated in your post, but I would imagine that it is useful, as you kinda need the include for the script to compile.

Magiic
02-06-2009, 09:00 PM
btw title, typo ;)

Sir R. M8gic1an
02-07-2009, 10:00 AM
so HOBBIT, wouldn't downloading an include be useful? it's not really clearly stated in your post, but I would imagine that it is useful, as you kinda need the include for the script to compile.

no, because it is a .scar; if it is a .scar it means that the functions in that file can just simply be put in your script. So it wouldnt be useful and the best would be to jsut simply include the functions in your script.

~RM

Dervish
02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
no, because it is a .scar; if it is a .scar it means that the functions in that file can just simply be put in your script. So it wouldnt be useful and the best would be to jsut simply include the functions in your script.

~RM

It can be good however, if there are large bitmaps or forms and such in these .scars ;)

Sir R. M8gic1an
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
It can be good however, if there are large bitmaps or forms and such in these .scars ;)

they can just simple be put in the same file. Might take a little more space, but won't stop itrunning nor will it affect compiling time.

THE RULES ARE NOW IN EFFECT!

~RM

CptTerrell
04-23-2009, 07:45 AM
very interesting

tom99
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Is it allowed to upload a script to a site where the user need to do a quick survey befor downloading?

Cigue
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Massive gravedig. And no, sorry, it isn't, unless the survey you're writing is going to benefit the community as a whole.

tom99
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Is it allowed outside of this forum?

Shuttleu
07-11-2010, 06:32 PM
so with my script i cant have the srl stats details filled in when i upload it?

~shut

EDIT: also can scripts be obfuscated if they are sold in the black market?

MylesMadness
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
so with my script i cant have the srl stats details filled in when i upload it?

~shut

EDIT: also can scripts be obfuscated if they are sold in the black market?No and No

Shuttleu
07-11-2010, 06:39 PM
No and No

damn
i gotta go reupload the vine vanquisher

can i make it open villavu when the script is outdated?

~shut

NCDS
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
damn
can i make it open villavu when the script is outdated?

~shut

I think that would be fine, or maybe just a link, as it supports the scripts "well being".

Sir R. M8gic1an
07-12-2010, 12:18 PM
@tom99: No one before has asked anyone else to fill a survey. I don't see it as too harmful, but I wouldn't find it fair to force someone to fill the survey - and as you don't have much of a scripter reputation, I'm not sure people would bother. I'd suggest you post the script and post a link to the survey. Simple.

@Shuttleu:
No. No.
In case you didn't notice, there's no script selling market.

And no - first point of this thread.

We do NOT obfuscate our scripts, we do not encrypt them. You are free to do so, but you are not allowed to post any reference to it on SRL.

~RM