PDA

View Full Version : The Writing Game!

Tniffoc
02-05-2009, 02:11 AM
This is for all of us here who need some practice writing. From now on, I will be holding periodic writing competitions! Response length will vary depending on that week's prompt. The prompt for each competition will be posted on my website along with any rules that may apply. I want to see how you write and I may submit an entry as well. This may seem like school-work, but think of it as practice! The winner's essay will be posted in this thread and on my website.

This is the page on my website to visit for the writing prompt.
Writing Prompts - Tniffoc (http://sites.google.com/site/tniffoc/writing-promt)

Entries for this first competition are due February 13, 2009

Real entries so far :

Um...what?

My entry... assuming this isn't supposed to be based on the movie?

The Pursuit or Happiness is one of man's true failings. If less time was spent on obtaining happiness and more was spent on learning to be happy with what is already possessed, we would find that we don't truly need the frivolous things we believe to be the roots of happiness. We would see that all we truly need we already have.

Rubix
02-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Heres my entry

Sex, Drugs, Money, Fapping, Beer, Prostitutes, anything else that makes you happy, and Family

TViYH
02-05-2009, 02:24 AM
Just for a hint, it's prompt, not prompt..

Rubix
02-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Do i win yet?

Aser
02-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Just for a hint, it's prompt, not prompt..

Um...what?

My entry... assuming this isn't supposed to be based on the movie?

The Pursuit or Happiness is one of man's true failings. If less time was spent on obtaining happiness and more was spent on learning to be happy with what is already possessed, we would find that we don't truly need the frivolous things we believe to be the roots of happiness. We would see that all we truly need we already have.

TViYH
02-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Woops. It's prompt, not "promt". There.

Tniffoc
02-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Spelling is fixed. (I think.)

Aser
02-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Yay! I am the first real entry. Am I allowed to expand mine? I might not but if I'm allowed I might have something to do if I get bored.

Tniffoc
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Yay! I am the first real entry. Am I allowed to expand mine? I might not but if I'm allowed I might have something to do if I get bored.
Of course you're allowed to expand!

Rubix
02-06-2009, 10:11 PM
cmon, my entry is real, please count it :p

Tniffoc
02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Eh? No.