View Full Version : SRL History?

Goodpeople
02-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Hay,
I've only been here for a year... I was wondering
"How SRL started and what happend?"

JAD
02-11-2009, 01:42 AM
It all started with Kaitnieks. He developed SCAR. Many includes were created for SCAR. SRL was the only one to continuously be updated and is the only up-to-date include for SCAR for runescape autoing today.

I'm sure somebody will be able to post a better history than I did, but that's the gist of it.

RandomPhobia
02-11-2009, 01:56 AM
well so No Yell At Me If Im Wrong........... But i belive it was create to remidy something called the procedure wars(or sumthing close to that) srl pulled together all the best procedures and fuctions from a handful of other sites........these sites are no longer around and srl is the only one left.

Well i think thats how it goes..........some of the higher up srl members could probly give u a better, more complete story .......so maybe u could try private messaging them.

TViYH
02-11-2009, 03:03 AM
well so No Yell At Me If Im Wrong........... But i belive it was create to remidy something called the procedure wars(or sumthing close to that) srl pulled together all the best procedures and fuctions from a handful of other sites........these sites are no longer around and srl is the only one left.

Well i think thats how it goes..........some of the higher up srl members could probly give u a better, more complete story .......so maybe u could try private messaging them.

I honestly think you were slightly baked when you posted that =/

WT-Fakawi can tell you all about it.

bullzeye95
02-11-2009, 04:05 AM
I honestly think you were slightly baked when you posted that =/

Well, he's close. It resulted from the "include wars" which someone else will explain I guess; I'm tired.

Zyt3x
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM
The SRL Developer Team is proud to present the SCAR Runescape Library.
It is managed and maintained through a SVN server by the SRL-developers.
SRL came into existence as a response to the include wars (include writers bashing each other) to bring standardization and cooperation to the include world. SRL evolved around the idea of having only one include which could meet the needs of all scripters, from beginners to the ultra advanced. The first incarnation of RSL was a compilation of all the major includes at the time of it’s inception. Functions from library, library2, SI, RSCI SSI2 and Squig were used along with procedures and functions from well-known scripters. The final product is an elaborate tool that meets the need of the first time scripter as well as the advanced scripter.

Advantages of SRL

Standardization
A structure of standardized functions and procedures is a giant leap forward for the cheating community as it allows for continuous and consistent growth without having scripts become outdated.

Mature approach
The Developers are all well-known and respected members of the cheating community. They are well above petty include wars, and they are all in one way or another committed to the project.

State-Of-The-Art
Since SRL involves big names from the cheating community. You couldn’t wish for a better include, in fact, it is the only include left.
SSI2, SI, Squig, and RSCI are all dead.
Support
SRL offers the widest possible support from the cheating community.

Surveyable
The SRL-include is split up into small surveyable segments so at a glance you can quickly select what portions you will need.

Modular and expandable
The modular approach of SRL enables the developer and the scripter to easily maintain and adjust the include. It is therefore easily expandable.

Research & Development
SRL is not a finished product. Although some functions are hardly negotiable, others are open for change and improvement. Most functions
will be polled and discussed at the SRL forum, thus maintaining a high democratic level.

Tailored to the scripters needs
Scripters have the opportunity to help direct future direction by making suggestions or even submitting their favorite procedure or function which they themselves use all the time.

SRL consists of three Catagories

Core:
consists of routines necessary for almost all scripts.

Skill:
consist of skill-related routines. You will need to include them separately into your script.

Misc :
any routine not applicable to the above mentioned types will be misc

Include wars: petty battles between include writers claiming the other had stolen their <wait> command (or some other trivial procedure/function)
Taken from http://www.srl-forums.com