PDA

View Full Version : Lots off votes!

Macros
02-16-2009, 09:17 PM
How would you guys go about making an auto-voter? This can be in theory too, personally, I probably won't make one, but I'm interested... The problem that one would encounter is if the site at which you vote only allows each IP address to vote once a day. Could you set something up to auto-change your IP with a proxy, or something of that nature?! I dunno... What are your thoughts on the matter?

ZaSz
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
where would it vote? and why would u need to vote more then 1nce?

Macros
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
This is just assuming that you want to vote more than once a day, for any reason. And it could be lots of different places. The actual clicking to vote would be easy enough, it's just the dilemma of the IP address that is troubling.

NCDS
02-16-2009, 10:10 PM
...is there a purpose for this?

TViYH
02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
He doesn't need a purpose.

I guess I'd use some sort of internet capable programming language. I believe C#? Have it access the webpage and click whatever, then access the webpage again using a proxy.

Eh?

Macros
02-17-2009, 04:40 AM
OK, I guess the real problem that I'm having trouble with is the whole proxy deal. I seem to remember something about them being illegal (?). And what exactly, (technically speaking), do they do?

Thanks, and sorry to disappoint some of you, but there is no specific purpose =p.

Brain
02-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Proxies are not illegal. Some site do not allow them...so you would be breaking their rules, but not against the law ;)

Basically, they route you through someone else's interweb, to give you a different IP address, and increase your anonymity. There are many proxy servers set up all over the world, and it is possible to go through more than one to increase your chance of total anonymity. But I think 1 would fine for what you're doing :p

Macros
02-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Hmm, OK, so I just brushed up on proxies.

Wouldn't you have to go through a different proxy everytime you vote, (the proxy IP's are static right)? If so, you would need a pretty long list of available open proxies to vote a lot wouldn't you? (Or is there some way/a free list somewhere that allows you to automatically just choose a random one)?

Brain
02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
There are an insane amount of proxies. Don't ask me how, I don't know, but I know, there are a ton, I'm sure google could help out with finding some sort of website that has some kind of huge list of proxies