+1

jakeyboy29
02-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Whats it mean...

+2

Blender
02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
OMG!

This is the EXACT error i got with Vista (switching to Xubuntu).

Seen it so many times, memorized the words.

Lol

ZaSz
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
we should make a poll that does all the languages users know, so people won't make others feel small minded by posting a pic and just the words, "
Self explanatory."

n3ss3s
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM
You guys are damn stupid if you don't understand that it meant Windows Explorer crashed... I thought every windows user is familiar with a window like that...

Lee Lok Hin
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Not everybody uses Vista, Y'know.

:p

Wizzup?
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
You guys are damn stupid if you don't understand that it meant Windows Explorer crashed... I thought every windows user is familiar with a window like that...

Pretty much no one is so stupid to use Vista © ® ™. (Or windows :p)

n3ss3s
02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
If I get an OS of 200€ bundled with a computer, I don't install a free OS over it...

Nava2
02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I use XP o.O

Torrent of Flame
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I use XP o.O

+1 (again)

Harry
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
+1 (again)
Can I has +1 too?

And Windows Explorer crashes in XP sometimes, but almost never, it only crashes if you force it to crash.
Just download/buy XP and use it, n3ss3s. :D

Torrent of Flame
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Can I has +1 too?

And Windows Explorer crashes in XP sometimes, but almost never, it only crashes if you force it to crash.
Just download/buy XP and use it, n3ss3s. :D

n3ss3s
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Just download/buy XP and use it, n3ss3s.

Oh great, so you suggest losing 300€.

Torrent of Flame
02-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Did you buy Vista?

n3ss3s
02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
No, but it came bundled with my computer which means it was included in the price...

GoF
02-20-2009, 04:34 PM
No, but it came bundled with my computer which means it was included in the price...

They put it in every damn computer these days (unless you build your pc yourself). Also Vista is cheaper that way (as your copy of vista will ONLY work with your computer if it came with it) so it's not the exactly worth the 200-300€ as the 200-300€ version can be installed to multiple pcs etc.. But if you like raging at random crashes and fail I suggest keeping vista.

ShowerThoughts
02-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Did you buy Vista?

I hate microsoft for using a vista monopoly on all the laptops and pc's!
I want to buy a laptop with windows!
grrr!

Harry
02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh great, so you suggest losing 300€.
No, you can just backup all that bundled stuff that came with Vista if you wanted it.

By the way..if you don't use Vista on your pre-installed PC, just wipe the HD, install Linux onto it, call the company and say "I do not accept the Vista terms, and the terms say to ask you guys for a refund if I do not accept" -> they are obligated to refund you ~30% of your PC's price. I did it on my laptop, and just installed XP onto it, and I got 150 bucks back. I'll search up the article and edit my post soon...

Edit: Here are the stories on it...
http://equiliberate.org/?q=node/3
http://gizmodo.com/5027302/how-to-get-refunded-on-prepackaged-vista
It might take a little while to get a refund, but if you call their support phone lines (which are usually toll free -> you can complain for a long time) and demand a refund on it "because I do not legally accept the terms in Vista, and do not wish to use it" -> they will need to refund you. If they do not, then they can get into a legal shitstorm.

n3ss3s
02-20-2009, 08:46 PM
By the way..if you don't use Vista on your pre-installed PC, just wipe the HD, install Linux onto it, call the company and say "I do not accept the Vista terms, and the terms say to ask you guys for a refund if I do not accept" -> they are obligated to refund you ~30% of your PC's price. I did it on my laptop, and just installed XP onto it, and I got 150 bucks back. I'll search up the article and edit my post soon...

People couldn't care less about the 'crappiness' of Vista in Finland, people just think about the user interface etc, if you go to the shop and whine about how your Vista is 'trying to protect you from viruses' and shit, you will just get a lecture...

Harry
02-20-2009, 08:59 PM
People couldn't care less about the 'crappiness' of Vista in Finland, people just think about the user interface etc, if you go to the shop and whine about how your Vista is 'trying to protect you from viruses' and shit, you will just get a lecture...
It still hast to do with the legal Terms of Service. If you feel you "can not agree to them" then they need to give you a refund on the software. Call them up, I am 95% sure they will do it; you will get some cash, and will have no more Vista.

n3ss3s
02-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't know what are you talking about. In Finland, unless you're about to buy some Lan box, you walk into Gigantti, drag a box with a computer in it to the desk, pay, leave. You get a guarantee for it usually, but nobody cares if you like the OS or not, you knew it had it when you bought it, that's it. No whining.

TViYH
02-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I use Vista, and I haven't experienced ANY problems.

You just have to know Windows.

GoF
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't know what are you talking about. In Finland, unless you're about to buy some Lan box, you walk into Gigantti, drag a box with a computer in it to the desk, pay, leave. You get a guarantee for it usually, but nobody cares if you like the OS or not, you knew it had it when you bought it, that's it. No whining.

Microsoft will have to care if you don't accept their Terms & Conditions or w/e as you "can't use the software" then (as you don't accept their silly rules), some law crap.

Ruroken
02-21-2009, 03:53 AM
No, you can just backup all that bundled stuff that came with Vista if you wanted it.

It might take a little while to get a refund, but if you call their support phone lines (which are usually toll free -> you can complain for a long time) and demand a refund on it "because I do not legally accept the terms in Vista, and do not wish to use it" -> they will need to refund you. If they do not, then they can get into a legal shitstorm.

HOLY SHIT!

I like it.

Harry
02-21-2009, 04:02 AM
You gotta contact the company that makes your PC box, and ask them for the refund. If they do not, then complain to Microsoft.

HOLY SHIT!

I like it.
Enjoy ;)

n3ss3s
02-21-2009, 08:17 AM

I would have suggested you to edit the post to avoid a public humiliation if the post wasn't hours old. I wonder if you can send forum quotes to bash...

ZaSz
02-22-2009, 02:11 AM

It might take a little while to get a refund, but if you call their support phone lines (which are usually toll free -> you can complain for a long time) and demand a refund on it "because I do not legally accept the terms in Vista, and do not wish to use it" -> they will need to refund you. If they do not, then they can get into a legal shitstorm. or you could just do that get refund and download vista back :0

Harry
02-22-2009, 03:05 AM
or you could just do that get refund and download vista back :0
Sure, but Vista fails. That would also be piracy, which none of us here do..right? :eek:

Brain
02-22-2009, 03:10 AM
Vista ran fine on my computer as well...no problems at all.

bullzeye95
02-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Sure, but Vista fails. That would also be piracy, which none of us here do..right? :eek:

Of course not. We don't steal from people's credit cards to pay for RS or cheat on club live to get phree zunes either.

Ruroken
02-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Of course not. We don't steal from people's credit cards to pay for RS or cheat on club live to get phree zunes either.

Lol, I know of one person to have done both of those things...

n3ss3s
02-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Shit Hy, in the time I read that I would have mowed lawns for 200$, not mentioning how long did it take him to actually get the 200$ from the beginning of the hassle...

nielsie95
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Same here..

Bad Processor
02-22-2009, 06:48 PM
OR, (there is always an OR in my world :))
Buy XP, then dual-boot. Maybe that'll work.

-- BP

n3ss3s
02-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't have constant problems with my Vista, but I thought it was fun enough to be posted...

Magge
03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Its finnish :)
Moi :)

Wizzup?
03-27-2009, 05:17 PM

Same here..

When you really get to know windows, you'll stop using it. ;)

Griff
03-27-2009, 10:57 PM
When you really get to know windows, you'll stop using it. ;)

Agreed. Vista was great for he first 2 weeks, then I got pissed cause its lame to download stuff, and other small things that bother me ;)

boyofblue
03-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I use Vista to and I haven't experienced any problems.

Nose Smasher
03-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Whats teh arguing for? Duel boot FTW? ;)

Don't have to feel like you wasted money on Vista (cause you will still have it) and you can also feel 1337 using Ubuntu at teh same time! :p