PDA

View Full Version : Useful AutoTyper with FORMS

IronTeapot
12-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Wrote this up because the other autotypers forced you to enter what you wanted to type in the scar script part. My version, you only have to run it once, and you can change the text anytime you like.

NOTE: this version currently does not work with the current version of the srl typesend. therefore it will not use effects because instead of typing a : it just types a ;, no shift key functionality. YAKMAN says that problem will be addressed in the next version of srl, and you will be able to use this with the chateffects as well. ( ill pull it down and edit if needed when the next version comes out to make it work with chat effects.) Untill then, this is only useful for normal typing.

RAM
12-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey there, I just tried using this on RS2, I see the intro message says"box matches the length of RS1", but not sure if it is compatiable with 2...Anyways, I tried starting the script not logged in, and it just lagged it so bad, the RS client froze, So i paused the script, logged in and tried it, Again, it just lagged the Client ,A box popped up showing it was typing, but by that time RS had timed out, I tried this a few times, same outcome....Comp is Brand New 3.2, w/533 ram, radeon 200 xp video card and cable modem, Has no problems running other scripts, so I'm pretty sure it's not my comp..just incase you were wondering.... Thanks, RAM

IronTeapot
12-17-2006, 08:24 PM
I dont think its your computer, I think its you. Why would you try a typing script not logged in? your supposed to be at the screen watching the responses you get, hence be logged in to type? Was REALLY hoping i wouldnt have to give noob proof instructions.

[noob proof guide]
1. Open up scar
2. Open this auto typer program
3. Be logged into Runescape
4. be standing wherever the hell you want to type stuff to people
5. drag the SCAR cross hairs to the runescape window.
6. run the scar script
7. wait a few seconds for the form to compile
8. fill in the text that you want auto typed to the rs window
9. fill in the fkey shortcut keys
10. click the button to save these values and close the form window.
11. the rs client will now be teh active window
12. you now press whatever key you entered to type messages in the form setup.
13. OMG!!! MAGIC!!! IT TYPES!.
[/noob proof guide]

XcanadamanX
12-17-2006, 09:02 PM
nice script but you should make some kind of function so you can use the chat effects. other than that its good except it laggs a bit on my comp...but i think thats just my horrible, old comp.:D good script!

IronTeapot
12-17-2006, 09:34 PM
it does use use chat effects.... just type them in yourself. But im glad you found it useful.

XcanadamanX
12-17-2006, 11:44 PM
i tried that but when i put flash2: blah... it typed it flash2; blah... so it didnt work with effects

RAM
12-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Iron, ...If you reread though, I stated that I tried it both ways...I was trying to set it up, before I logged in, seeing that that it takes a minute to enter the information for typing everytime, it's a pain to switch over and keep yourself from logging out...but it didn't work for me either way...As far as me being a NOOB...I might be new to SCAR scripting, but I have enough common sense to figure things out...I think I was pretty clear in my message, that I tried it a number of different times before posting...BTW, I had the same error while trying to use the chat effects, it typed a semi-colon, while I entered a colon in the box.....However, I'm glad to see this script worked for someone else......Thanks,RAM

IronTeapot
12-18-2006, 02:23 AM
A note on the text effects: sometimes they dont come though to rs even when typed manually into the rs client. and it is a typing program, just typing, it types exactly what you typed in, rs chat effects work with what you type in, not some fancy add on plug in.

making 'my program' support 'chat effects' would only add in 'scroll:' by typing it for you if you selected it to. exactly the same if you had typed it yourself. and there is no problem when im running it. takes a few seconds to load the first form, but after that when you press the new message key, comes up fine almost instantly.

if any more problems seem to come up with other people, ill just pull the script.

XcanadamanX
12-18-2006, 12:57 PM
dont pull the script. its a good script. but one question...how is it supposed to know to press the shift key. we cant tell it to we just put in what keys to type.

edit: early in the morning dont know if this made sence.

Yakman
12-18-2006, 01:58 PM
well that TypeSend bit is annoying that it types ; instead of :

but iv fixed it on the dev SRL and it will be in SRL 3.6

IronTeapot
12-18-2006, 05:40 PM
thanks for the heads up yakman, i made a note at the top about it.