PDA

View Full Version : [MOVIE REVIEW] Eragon

ghost
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
For those of you who do not already know, Eragon is a movie which follows a young farm boy of 17 named Eragon who lives in a land known as Alagaesia. Since a 2 hour movie would be boring if it simply followed his farm life, he stumbles upon a dragon egg and things get interesting.

The acting in this movie fell short in several places and was a constant reminder that you were watching a movie, not catching a glimpse of another world. The storyline was pretty decent, yet felt unneccessarily rushed. Although Eragon was in all respects a good movie, meaning it contained the formula for a movie classic, it ultimately falls short in my book. It's worth the watch, but don't go in expecting another LotR film. On a positive note, the CG was very well done, but CG doesn't make up for poor directing and dialogue.

Lorax
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Nice - I wondered if I should go watch this movie, I don't think I would have - I just quitted my job..

It looks like a Harry Potter / LotR / Home Alone movie and I don't like that combination... But seperated - yeees SIR!
Let's face it young boys aren't good actors and especially not as warrior - ... just look at that (wardrobe film with the lion and stuff) - cannot remember the name... One thing stands out - bad actors..

Rick
12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
narnia?

eragon seems ok, not sure if i should see it though

bod1977
12-18-2006, 11:48 PM
I am a big fan of the books (Eragon and Eldest), and have heard that it doesn't follow the book very much at all. That would most likely be why it seems rushed. :) Just thought you may like to know. I would highly recommend the book. :)

dstone09
12-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I liked the books but not the movie it skipped a lot of things.

Itzkirby
12-19-2006, 03:18 AM
The books are very great and after seeing the actors of the charcters it just seemed a little odd so I prefer my imagination.
________
Crosman spare clips model sm2c11 (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/crosman-spare-clips-model-sm2c11/)

ghost
12-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah, the elements presented in the movie definitely raised my interest in the books so I'll probably have to check those out sometime. It should be much easier to buy them now that the movie is out.

bod1977
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, the elements presented in the movie definitely raised my interest in the books so I'll probably have to check those out sometime. It should be much easier to buy them now that the movie is out.

Easier to buy them o_O It was never really a "challenge". :P I got them from the library.

Zigon
12-20-2006, 01:29 AM
This movie was terrrrrrible! I went and saw it the first night it came out, I would have sooner watched the 300 trailer over and over again; although not as bad as the My big fat Greek wedding =D.

dagger5678
02-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Nice - I wondered if I should go watch this movie, I don't think I would have - I just quitted my job..

It looks like a Harry Potter / LotR / Home Alone movie and I don't like that combination... But seperated - yeees SIR!
Let's face it young boys aren't good actors and especially not as warrior - ... just look at that (wardrobe film with the lion and stuff) - cannot remember the name... One thing stands out - bad actors..

Not sure if someone replied yet, but it's called: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I can't resist using this new emote: :google:

Smartzkid
02-16-2007, 12:39 AM
yeah, like has been said...Eragon strayed waaay too far from the book to please me; but I must agree that it was a pretty good movie. I won't be buying it when it comes out on DVD though...might torrent...but I wouldn't pay for it...

Hey321
02-16-2007, 02:47 AM
*sigh* Let's see what the next crappy movie they make is! Although it was good in the sense of action, the movie totally missed out on Teirm, how Saphira came to breathe fire, shall i go on? Ok, Missed the Urgal slaughter, Uru'Baen, Even when he started to learn magic! That was by far, the most important part of the book!

Drew_Dawg
03-04-2007, 11:04 PM
the book is good, the film falls far short of it though....

bullzeye95
03-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Even though this is old:

This is my favorite book series. I read Eragon and Eldest right when they came out. Amazing movie. Great special effects.

viscous101
07-14-2007, 11:36 PM
it was a pretty good movie but i wouldn't recommend reading the book then watching the film because you would be shouting that doesn't happen! or thats not right! through out the whole thing:p

mooman001
07-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Well i have a stron opinion on it,

It sucked compaired to the book.:p

mamoth95
07-15-2007, 03:11 AM
The book owend the movie almost made me cry! It was way to rushed i mean brom was killed with in the first 20 min and in the book it was in the end!!!
also wtf was up with the dragon flying in the air and all the sudden shimering then growing giant out of no were that never happend!!!! it grew slowly over a period of time not instantly also the acting sucked balls brom was way to young looking. I hate to dis eragon but come on the movie was horrable if u havent seen it yet dont see it just read the book. Also the dragon was breathing fire before it should have been able to. The fighting scean...well thats pretty much all i have to say...there was 1!!!!!!! the book had better fighting and u know wat theres to much more to say.

bullzeye95
07-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Well i have a stron opinion on it,

It sucked compaired to the book.:p

What kind of movie could compare to the book?

Heh this is old.

mamoth95
07-18-2007, 03:37 AM
well now that everyone agrees that the movie blew lets just forget about this thread ok?

LameCat
07-19-2007, 05:15 AM
meh it almost put me to sleep.. the story is a little.. clich'ed like the iron giant thing : p

But the book was decent.

rodnman1234
09-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Horrible movie. Horrible script. Horrible main character. Dragon was cool. =)

eragon was a poorly made movie in my opinion and is not worth the watch, in fact i want the time i spent watching it back. :f:

Moonrising
06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
I was really disapointed after I saw that movie. The book was ok but the movie really sucked...