PDA

View Full Version : Awesome f2p money making guide

Theolithical
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Okay, so I might not be a great scripter, but Runescape is something that I know very well. I've compiled a list of some ways that I've used to make some pretty decent money for players who would rather not get membership.

------Basic merchanting- Okay, this is a really hard concept to get, but I found a very easy item to do that allows you to make a lot of money on a f2p account by just updating ge offers.

~ Put an offer up on ge for as many feathers as you can afford at 5 gp, just leave it in and then continue with your training.
~ Once you get the feathers put them back on ge for 6 gp each.

It might seem like a small profit, but in large amounts it's a lot of money and it's being made in a way where you literally do almost nothing. I've found that if you have inactive accounts with decent money you can leave in an offer for around 100k feathers, then come back a month later to sell them. If you like this guide, please say so and I'll make another for members.

------Yews- These are great money, but getting a woodcutting level to do these might take a little effort. I'd reccomend going to draynor and using a willow cutting script, as this is the fastest way to get there(just don't run it for over 5 hours, or you'll get your account banned).

The spots that I use the most for cutting these are:
~Above Varrock castle, east of the grand exchange
~Rimmington, the cabbage-teleport is very useful for banking
~Near the earth rc alter and sawmill are a few yews, this spot never really has many players and its still fairly close to a bank.

------Mining- In general, this is pretty awesome money.

~If you have a fairly low mining level, I'd reccomend mining gold. The best spot that I've found is either the crafting guild(brown apron required) and in the Falador Mine. Gold ore sells for around 500 gp a piece, meaning that you might have to compete to be able to get it.

~If you're looking for both mining experience and money, then mine coal and mithril ore. The mining guild is really the best spot for this, so getting 60 mining is a good idea.

~For those players who have managed 70+ mining, Addy ore is a pretty good idea. My favorite spot for this is the Falador mine. Just mine the 3 rocks, and then pick up some of the gold ore while you wait for it to respawn.

-------Runecrafting- This option is commonly overlooked, as it can get a little annoying to do, but I think that it's worth the effort. The main advantage of this is that there is no competition, only walking.

~Air runes are the best money from f2p runecrafting, but at first it losses money(unless you mine the ess on your own). At around level 44, you'll start making a solid profit and have lots and lots of air runes.

~ If you don't care for experience, then go to a world for air crafting and try to find a x10 assist, this will get a lot of cash, but 0 exp for you.

Naike
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Basic tut, but could still help someone ^^

boyofblue
03-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks some helpfull stuff in there

5aith
03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah there is some pretty solid tips here, basic as mentioned before but most deff good for starters

Failpailirl
03-28-2009, 12:51 PM
feathers is the best thing to merchant...and always will be
lets say if youbuy 20m worth of feathers for 5gp then sell for 6gp ea...thats a 4m profit!

Rasta
04-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Another two great f2p items to merchant are oak logs and rune essence, not a joke either I made 5m off of the oak logs!

x[Warrior]x3500
04-11-2009, 12:12 AM
i like smelting ores and then selling bars.

quinn8651
04-13-2009, 01:11 AM
nice guide

josh5498
04-30-2009, 05:54 AM
You should include mining clay/ making wet clay which is a decent way for low level members.

Shawnn
05-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the guide. It will be helpful when I'm f2p again.

Smitty
05-04-2009, 03:46 PM
great guide, could use a little more but you have the basic's :D

Blender
05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Lol, don't run for more than 5 hours?
I autoed for 14 hours with a script that used no SRL, and with MoveMouseSmoothEx()!
The account has NEVER gotten reported for autoing. Why? It says once in a while, "I'm autoing! Report me!".
People in RS2 are so naive...

ddzone
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
nice guide

tico2
05-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Merchanting raw swordies atm. I have 6m atm. I buy 12k of them, sell them higher and get like 300k profit. Than i repeat this as many times as i can, I manageto do 2-3 round per day. Almoast a mill a day.

Great guide anyways :)

ffcfoo
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
(just don't run it for over 5 hours, or you'll get your account banned).

That is not true! There are scripts out there that can run for over 12 hours without getting banned! I have done it before!

Coolerthanauto
07-30-2009, 01:37 PM
IT really depends on the day, and on the script. There's just too many factors.

ian.
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
IT really depends on the day, and on the script. There's just too many factors.

It's more about how smart you are about autoing. I auto a lot but never get caught because I pay attention. I've autoed for a few days straight and didn't get caught. Just don't be stupid about it.

Cstrike
07-31-2009, 06:22 AM
That is not true! There are scripts out there that can run for over 12 hours without getting banned! I have done it before!

I average 14 hours a day (25 hours every 4 weeks). Been going for more than a month and haven't been caught. But I will be stopping soon because I have almost reached my goal.

Overall it's a great starters guide :)

Laimonas171
07-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Nice guide. also i can say if you mining addy you can use my tool minershock, it supports not only rune but addy to, it calculates time for next re-spawn , you can find it on my signature. :)

Coolerthanauto
07-31-2009, 09:45 AM
It's more about how smart you are about autoing. I auto a lot but never get caught because I pay attention. I've autoed for a few days straight and didn't get caught. Just don't be stupid about it.

Doesn't paying attention sort of defeat the purpose of autoing? Isn't autoing all about letting it do its thing, while you do yours? If you're gonna be watching it auto you may as well just play it yourself because there is nothing more efficient and undetectable than that

Tyeee
08-09-2009, 08:31 PM
an alright basic merch in the ge is air runes and maple logs. simply buy lowest, and sell highest.

ian.
08-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Doesn't paying attention sort of defeat the purpose of autoing? Isn't autoing all about letting it do its thing, while you do yours? If you're gonna be watching it auto you may as well just play it yourself because there is nothing more efficient and undetectable than that

I don't watch the whole time, obviously. I play on other accounts/eat/watch tv/see friends. It's not like I constantly watch it, but I don't let it run when I'm asleep or when I'm out (usually) because I'd rather keep my account (I auto on high level accounts).

Darkcorn
08-12-2009, 10:17 AM
thx dude ill be making tons of money in no time lol =)

reallyreallyreallybignoob
08-21-2009, 12:12 AM
good guide! :) but doesn't gold respawn really slowly?

danishkahn
09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
good guide, another good way is to buy rune full helm+platebody and plate legs+kite sheild and make into a set and sell for about 5-10k profit per set

goreonius
09-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Why dont you throw in water filled vials (filling them) thats 60k/hr (good for f2p being as that 3 hourse of work for best Armour)