PDA

View Full Version : How to make a NOD32/ESET Update Mirror

Harry
04-03-2009, 11:10 PM
So, you want to have a NOD32/ESET Anti Virus update server, so that you can use it to mirror the files, so it can be used across a network easier? (IE I set an update server on my LAN, then all my networked PCs get updated)

Here's how you do it.

1) Go to http://nodview.net.ru/download_en.php
2) Hit the exe download file (I usually choose DepositFiles, as it is the first one on the list :p )
3) Install the app. Just click "next" until the program window closes, the default settings on the install work fine.
4) Now, things get fun. Open the EXE file. It is usually in C:\Program Files\NOD32View\*.exe. If you are on Failvista, make sure you run it as an admin.
5) Important step: make sure you go into NOD32 -> Advanced Settings (usually hitting F5 opens it) -> Antivirus -> UNCHECK "Enable Self-defense". It needs to be off. If it was on, you need to reboot your PC now.
6) Go to Settings (the little gear icon in the top toolbar)
7) Now, change your options in the first screen to this: http://i42.tinypic.com/11iph5e.png
If the boolean for "Trial vs Corporate" is grayed out, you failed at Step 5 and you need to redo that.
8) Now, in Options, go to the "FTP Mirror" tab. Fill in your server's FTP address. After you do so, make sure you hit the Test button. It should say "Ok". If it does not, you input a wrong password, or your firewall is blocking FTP access.
9) Then, go in Options to the "Mirror" tab. Check the boxes labled "FTP: <array of numbers>" on which FTP servers you want to send the updates to. If it is grayed out, then you did not setup your FTP Mirror correctly, go back to Step 8.
10) This is how the tab should look like / this is the most optimal to have them all checked. http://i41.tinypic.com/15xradu.png
11) Now hit OK to close the settings.
12) Input your VALID, PAID FOR, serial number into the toolbar at the top. Any use of illegal/pirated keys will not work.
13) FTP into your server, and make a folder called "eset_upd" in your main directory (or your www or "plublic_html" folder)
14) Hit the green arrow for "Go" on the top toolbar. It should download all update files (progress shown at bottom of the window).
15) Configure your antivirus client to download from your server URL. (it is http://<YOUR WEBSITE>/eset_upd/)
16) If it does not work correctly, make sure you have setup your FTP server correctly (IE you have it sent to the correct directory on the server, you did step #13 correctly, and that you have permissions to read and write there.)

Enjoy your server mirror, and make sure you keep it legal ;)

Thanks for reading. If you need assistance, post here. Donations via PayPal to "hy71194 [at] gmail.com" is appreciated, and maybe Rep++, if you like this tut. :)
Also, if you like the program, feel free to donate to the author of it (donation links are on his website)

R0b0t1
04-03-2009, 11:15 PM
STFU ABOUT PAYPAL DONATIONS.

Money is not free.

Harry
04-03-2009, 11:30 PM
STFU ABOUT PAYPAL DONATIONS.

Money is not free.
STFU WITH YOUR SPAM.

-.- I am just saying if it helped them, and they have some extra cash they don't need, then I could use it. Don't be butthurt in my thread.

Colluci
04-03-2009, 11:38 PM
He wasn't spamming and no one is going to donate so you are only wasting your time asking for donations :>

If someone has extra cash, he would spend it elsewhere

Harry
04-03-2009, 11:50 PM
He wasn't spamming and no one is going to donate so you are only wasting your time asking for donations :>

If someone has extra cash, he would spend it elsewhere
I am not *asking*, I am just making a statement. I don't expect to get anything, I am just "putting it out there".

And anyways .. who the heck are you??

Home
04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Gey Great tut ;) I love Nod32 :D Keep it up Harry Rep +

~Home

ShowerThoughts
04-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Why would you need this? The anti virus updates itself from the anti virus site mirror I hope?

Harry
04-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Why would you need this? The anti virus updates itself from the anti virus site mirror I hope?
It is useful if you have a large local network, like I do. So instead of me setting up each PC and making sure they all work, I just need to set to the FTP server.