PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion

antknee3
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

You guys must get this game. The game is the sequal to the first Elder Scrolls Game: Morrowind. This is the one of the best games that i've ever played. It's for the 360 and PC. When it came out it was $60 on the 360. Im not sure how much it is on the PC. It is worth buying a Xbox 360 just for this game.

Overview
This game has a main plot, but you can choose not even to do it. There are hundreds of side quests and you can even join a guild and advance through the ranks. You can become a warrior, thief, assian, hero, mage, monk, pilgrim or even a vampire. The are different races each with their own skills and abilities. As the game progresses you increase you skills and become stronger.

Example Character
Name: Crash Bo' Crash
Race: Orc
Sign: The Warrior
Class: Skull Basher
Description: Orcs are natural fighters. Orcs favor running into the fray of battle and bashing the skulls of their enemies with a giant hammer. They favor heavy amour and blunt and are usually skilled amorers.

If you guys have any questions about the game ask them here. I have become somewhat of a master, i think:wink:.

Sebo
01-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Dude, This game kicks ass, it is awesome!
I totaly agree with you, My friend has it, its like runescape, except no online :(
They should make it online.

I Karma I
01-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Its online on the 360 I think, I really want this game for the 360!

japman
01-11-2007, 09:39 PM
is it online for pc i was thinking of getting it

I Karma I
01-13-2007, 01:27 AM
Have a look around on the website, I actually think its only online for xbox, and thats to download stuff like spell etc.

antknee3
01-14-2007, 04:57 AM
It is not online in the Runescape sense on any platform. On the 360 you can buy mods on the Xbox live Marketplace. On the PC you can get free mods online. The mods on the marketplace cost Microsoft points. And Finally, there are many more mods for the PC version.

I think that the problem with having online in the runescape sense would be over population the X-box probably couldn't handle it. I wish that they would find a way for online, that would be so much FUN!!!!!

Kyuketsukiousama
01-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Level 52 WoodElf+100 Marksman=Ownage.Yes,I play.I have it for the Pc :P mods own lol.

lefamaster
03-01-2007, 04:00 AM
I put this game on the shelf rather quickly, even after hooking it up to my LCD television. It was so BLAH after awhile, the forums are garbage, and while the storyline/ plot was built for less intelligence required to complete Rune mysteries in RS.

Graphically it is the benchmark for games, but in terms of multiplayer it offers nil. Neverwinter nights across neverwinterconnections.com is a much better waste of time, or hanging out here.

I was disappointed, but hey thats my 2 cents.

Ejjman
03-02-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm getting Oblivion for PS3 when it comes out :)

Drew_Dawg
03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
online would own

-=BINGO-BANGO=-
03-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

You guys must get this game. The game is the sequal to the first Elder Scrolls Game: Morrowind...

Actually its the fourth game in the series :D

-Arena (I think theres a free download on their website)
-Daggerfall
-Morrowind
-Oblivion

Ejjman
03-16-2007, 02:06 AM
So can someone answer, is it online...? If it is for 360, it MUST be for the ps3. I hope so. Or else I aint buying it lol

lefamaster
03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
no online :fiery: only mods and patches. For a TES game not to put online in was well, lame to say the least.

antknee3
04-11-2007, 01:00 AM
The rumors are true they are making an Oblivion version for the PS3(if you are lucky enough to have one). The game will be almost exactly the same except the graphics are supposed to be a little better(not sure how that's possible :) ). The quests will be the same and the gameplay will also be. However, the gameplay has a chance to be changed with the integration of the motion sensing capibilities of the PS3 controller. Im not sure how they might do that.

The PS3 will also offer a noticable difference the Kinghts of the Nine will be included in the PS3 retail release. The Kinghts of the Nine is downloadable mod on the 360 and PC version that adds a whole new set of quests to complete.

The PS3 version is not worth a re-buy if you already have the Pc or 360 version, but i highly recomend it to any who do not own Oblivion.

Thats my take on the PS3 Version of The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

And for you 360 and PC guys: Bethesda is Making a huge mod for the 360 and PC version called:The Elder Scrolls 4:Shivering Isles. The mod wll be avilable on the x-box live marketplace and online for the PC.

O where to start, how about the 250 more easy-to-reach gamerpoints or maybe the new monsters, or possibably the new weapons and clothes, or the new quests. These are all good things about the expansion.

Overview of Main Quest:- Insted of focusing around Martin Septim the quest focuses around a funny character named Sheogorath. There will be less talking and more fighting in the new quest. This should be fun!

What/Where is Shivering Isles:- Shivering Isles is a completely seperate island. You must enter a portal to get there. The kindgdom is split into two realms:Mania, the happy place and Dementia, the dark scary place. This split on the island provides more fealing when you are playing. For example: when you are in Dementia you constanly feel like at any one point you could die because the landscape and lighting make you feel this way.

There is 30 more hours of gamplay offered in the Shivering Isles.
I cant wait for the release of this game.:)

And another thing to tell your friends who bought a PS3:This is only for PC and X box 360. :D Now go tell your friends why 360 is better then PS3.

phonokin
04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
lol i have the game before it TES:morrowind and i used the construction set lots and made lots of cool mods lyke houses for your char and new islands and things was mean as i was part of a comunity tryin to remake the game but i sort of got sick of it and havnt done it in ages

~alex~
04-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Best game EVER.

A G E N T
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I love that game, but my 360 is in repair :(*

armanie14
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I got bored of it quite quickly as sombody above aslready said, one thing that got on my nerves quite abit was the fact that in some quests there are gltiches which mean you can never finish that particular quest unless you have XBOx Live, for example on one of the Magic Guild quests where you have to go down a weel to get a ring of burden i went down and didn't have enough like strngth to carry the ring out, went back a few days later the chars body was gone, as all bodys in the game disapear after 2-3-4 game days i think it is, so i could never finish that quest. Entrance into the arcane uni is a must in the game so it kinda spoiled it for me.

Second time around i glitched on another quest, the one where you have to get this special stone for a crazy woman in the mage guild, i didnt kill the guy and only knocked him unconcious, and he didnt drop the thing i needed, went back and his body was gone.

glitches blow on that game, i dont understand how you can market and sell a game with glitches it shouldn't be alowwed. It's wasting a persons money, if i had known that certain quests did that i wouldn't have bought it.

~alex~
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
You can't kill that char, he has an important part in the storyline so he can only be knocked unconcious. You shud pickpocket him instead. Theres also a glitch where you can skip most of the game. Use the paintbrush glitch to climb to the top of the tmeple of the one. Jump on the roof and fall through. Your quest log will be updated and ure current objective is to excourt martin to the temple of the one. I don't think this works if you've updated from live though.

Ejjman
04-13-2007, 10:47 PM
I have it for PS3.

I must say, the graphics are probably a 7/10 on my list. They could have been better. Though all the games are like this...

Anyway, it is pretty addicting, can get you pissed at some times, many different things. I like it pretty well. I'll probably buy any expansions that come out. :)

me_ntal
05-13-2007, 10:58 AM
I have it, love it but god i cant work out how to level quickly i want to be able to zoom in marksman and yeah aint working all to well. Some quests are good, i enjoy the dark brother hood sneaking around putting some arrows in peoples backs great fun.

Always great while autoers are going and you can keep an eye on them.

Graphics 10/10
gameplay 10/10
content 10/10
quests 10/10
ownage 100/10

PwNZoRNooB
05-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I think oblivion is bad...

My full level mage has always 108% chameleon without even cheats.
(I enchanted all my stuff with greater soulstones :D )
No fun anymore. :(

EDIT: And my mage is the thieves guild leader, dark listener of dark brotherhood, knows ALL spells of the game, etc :)

Starblaster100
05-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I also have it for the PS3, and i got bored of it very quickly

PwNZoRNooB
05-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Wohoo! Great Star!
U have a PS3 too!
It kicks butt :)

Wizzup?
05-13-2007, 05:23 PM
(Battle)Mages still are overpowered (high endurance at low level = alot of hp, plus alot of magicka when you are high elf), the items they can make for example.
Get 2 chameleon rings, 1 amulet, and enchant 2 other items you wear with chameleon, well, there you go. Invisible, and you can still hit, just sneak and do [B]alot/B] of damage. (All 35% Constant Effect)

Making money is very easy too, just alot of alchemy, sell fatigue potions etc.
At Alchemy 75 the potions you can make are way overpowered, and it only takes 3 hours to get alchemy 100.
I'm still searching for master alchemy sets though.

EDIT: Oh, and PwNZoRNooB, just before you get a stone from closing an oblivion gate, save.
Try taking(load until) it until you get the chameleon effect, you only need 3 items that way.

PwNZoRNooB
05-13-2007, 05:45 PM
EDIT: Oh, and PwNZoRNooB, just before you get a stone from closing an oblivion gate, save.
Try taking(load until) it until you get the chameleon effect, you only need 3 items that way.
I don't play oblivion anymore, haven't played in a long time.

I used a mod that u can do 3x better spells that normal (because I got bored when I was 108% chameleon) so I did a -300% resist to frost and 3x better than the best frost touch :f:

EQUALS Heavy Pwnage :)

lefamaster
05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
The funnest part of the game was building a PC that could actually run it.

I tried several combos to get a cheap-o pc to play it. Was fun just proving I could run it on a Dual core 1.2mhz Powedge server with SCSI drives, and 4gb of ram and that sweet ATI 1300 PCI card.

PwNZoRNooB
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM
The funnest part of the game was building a PC that could actually run it.

I tried several combos to get a cheap-o pc to play it. Was fun just proving I could run it on a Dual core 1.2mhz Powedge server with SCSI drives, and 4gb of ram and that sweet ATI 1300 PCI card.

Erm? U mean Ghz? 1.2 mhz is a bit ... low.
And is the Graphics card PciE or Pci? :p

lefamaster
05-15-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah ghz...:duh:

and it was actually PCI...the highest one I could find for the slot.

PwNZoRNooB
05-15-2007, 05:24 PM
yeah ghz...:duh:

and it was actually PCI...the highest one I could find for the slot.

Btw how many coms do you have?
I've got 2, the other one can't even run scar :p has 733 mhz and 64mb memory :) I only surf on it when I'm playing on my "main" computer.

lefamaster
05-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I work for a company that installs point of sale systems. At any given moment I have access to 10+ PC's.
I am in charge of ordering, and staging our servers that run the business we serve. At my house I have 3 laptops, a media center hooked to the LCD, and 4 PC's in our gaming room.
At work I have 3 laptops and 5 various PC's in my office. In the server room, we have 3 Poweredge's of various builds and models. (SCSI, RAID, SATA) 4gb ram each.

Somedays I like my job. I have my email server playing defend your castle right now for over 5 days straight on scar.
600,000 casualties. 144,000,000 points.
I get bored sometimes.

PwNZoRNooB
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I work for a company that installs point of sale systems. At any given moment I have access to 10+ PC's.
I am in charge of ordering, and staging our servers that run the business we serve. At my house I have 3 laptops, a media center hooked to the LCD, and 4 PC's in our gaming room.
At work I have 3 laptops and 5 various PC's in my office. In the server room, we have 3 Poweredge's of various builds and models. (SCSI, RAID, SATA) 4gb ram each.

Somedays I like my job. I have my email server playing defend your castle right now for over 5 days straight on scar.
600,000 casualties. 144,000,000 points.
I get bored sometimes.

Um.. U got me confused :D :confused:
So you have almost always +5 computers? :)
Nice for you.

jhildy
05-16-2007, 07:32 PM
my computer has 2 gigs of ram with 2.13 dual core processor hi def dell moniter with a 512 nvida 7200 le grafix card

basically it pwns lol but oblivion yea good game id sit there with my mage and watch tv while casting conjure spells so i got 100 before i even got any other main lvls up lol

~alex~
05-16-2007, 08:27 PM
my computer has 2 gigs of ram with 2.13 dual core processor hi def dell moniter with a 512 nvida 7200 le grafix card

basically it pwns lol but oblivion yea good game id sit there with my mage and watch tv while casting conjure spells so i got 100 before i even got any other main lvls up lol

My computer is identical to your apart from the monitor, can your run oblivion well?
Yeah I also mastered conjuration before anything else lol.

jhildy
05-21-2007, 07:20 PM
i have never tried on my computer but i have it for xbox 360... i probably could considering i can run alot of other games(half life 2,battlefield 2)

farfen
06-26-2007, 10:58 PM
hey i have some awsome duplicateig cheats for this game and how to stack all you stats.
ask me if you want to know
dont want to ruin it for all

hardcore007
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Oblivion kicks all ass, you want 100sneaking crouch down into a wall all night while near sombody sleeping . Put like a rubber band on ur remote so it walks straight into the wall crouched. Same way with agility or its endurence swim underwater into a rock with waterbreathing ammy on should have 100 in no time :).

Ps3 sucks major :P, ebay even hated it when it came out. Theres like 12 games for it and it costs like 500$? Do your self a favor and go out and buy a 360. Microsoft ftw :)

farfen
07-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Oblivion kicks all ass, you want 100sneaking crouch down into a wall all night while near sombody sleeping . Put like a rubber band on ur remote so it walks straight into the wall crouched. Same way with agility or its endurence swim underwater into a rock with waterbreathing ammy on should have 100 in no time :).

Ps3 sucks major :P, ebay even hated it when it came out. Theres like 12 games for it and it costs like 500$? Do your self a favor and go out and buy a 360. Microsoft ftw :)

or you could nicely ask me the cheats
ill post them all later on here
pm me if i forget

dajsjk
07-12-2007, 08:10 PM
really good game, probably the most fun on comp though because of all the mods

BobboHobbo
07-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Im wondering is Oblivion a better game on Xbox360 then to computer.

Also is Oblivion easy to get 1000 points on for Xbox360.

viscous101
07-14-2007, 11:06 PM
i got that game and i started playing then i found that village where every1 is invisable, lol it freaked me out cause didnt notice any of em and i got attacked by the invisible monsters =P

Esteban
07-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I played elder scrolls 3 morrowind, i didn't enjoy it for as far as i got. combat was whack, charcters were like planks of wood, barely had any joints, bad graphics, and it was confusing. But i have heard that the game on the 360 is much better.