PDA

View Full Version : VB and aspx web sites

Z3r0Grav
04-12-2009, 02:54 PM
hey all i just wanted to ask your opinion on this little bit of coursework for uni, for what i know of vb its an outdated language know, but yet ive been told to write a website in aspx and vb using server side commands ok id have no problem doing it in php but there asking for this is there any real point to learning vb or especaily web side as i could do anything to do with websites in php in a hell of alot less time then vb and its mroe powerful and has its own database system.

yours Z3r0

Pyro
04-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Did they say VB specifically? You can use ASP with any of the .net languages. (Kind of one of the points of .net).

If you learnt c# with the ASP then it would be worthwhile. Php is for your amateur sites, ASP is for a commerical enviroment. For example if you want to be an "entrepreneur" i would almost say go for PHP but for actually getting a job ASP.

Z3r0Grav
04-13-2009, 04:28 PM
yes vb specifically, but using ASP server side, so none of the code of anything only the html of the site can be view by view source ect, i always though php was mreo of the commercial but i understand that asp is mroe of a business language specailly incorperating C#, its alot mroe powerful.

so creating commercial sites ud say C#, ive done a fair amount of C# plus ive got lots comnig next year but i think it'l be worth learning it more know.

ShowerThoughts
04-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I code C# but that visual studio 2008 IDE confuses me.
I tried once C# + Asp.net But you got weird stuffs... and you need a host who supports ASP.Net. I would love to code php very good.

~Hermpie