PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know FTP?

Blender
04-28-2009, 11:08 PM
I am having a lot of trouble with FTP.

I made a directory with PHP, and now I can't rename, change permissions, or delete the directory.
It shows me "Error 550".

Any ideas how I could delete?

Nadeem
04-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi,

Is there a dot'.' before the filename you are trying to delete? If so, that means its just a cache holder and it'll disappear in some time...

A G E N T
04-29-2009, 06:10 AM
I see two ways of going at this:
1) telnet/SSH into the server as root (probably not allowed, if you're on a webhost)
2) Just delete or chmod the file with PHP (if PHP made it, then PHP can modify it too.)

mrpickle
04-29-2009, 06:14 AM
you can always use a shredder file. I personally use a Mcafee one. It's included in my bundle. I can delete anything, but requires restart on some "more protected" items.

I've heard of File Assassin. you might be able to Dl that. never tried it though

Da 0wner
04-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Hi,

Is there a dot'.' before the filename you are trying to delete? If so, that means its just a cache holder and it'll disappear in some time...

Such as .ftpquota ;).

Blender
05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
A little late to say this, but:

you can always use a shredder file. I personally use a Mcafee one. It's included in my bundle. I can delete anything, but requires restart on some "more protected" items.

I've heard of File Assassin. you might be able to Dl that. never tried it though

McAfee is horrible!
I watched my computer get killed while McAfee was warning me of "attempted intrusions".
I got a BSOD in 20 seconds (I use Ubuntu 9.04 now).

Also, this file is on the internet. You have to delete it a different way (php).