I'm looking to host a VBulletin forum,
what is the best free host to use?
or is this not possible?

cheers

T~M

cathering_
05-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Try http://byethost.com/
Been using them for a while, 000webhost.com for me thier servers are too slow, bear in mind you have to buy a VBulletin forum, however there are other free forums like PHPBB, PUNBB, and SMF which do equally as good. (google them)

Dynamite
05-02-2009, 09:15 PM
VBulletin software stuff you have to buy?
T~M

cathering_
05-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah you must buy a license to use it.
If you don't want to spend money then these are good alternatives:

"Simple Machines Forum — SMF in short — is a free, professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community within minutes." - http://www.simplemachines.org/

"PunBB is a fast and lightweight PHP-powered discussion board." - http://www.punbb.informer.com/

"Since its creation in 2000, phpBB™ has become the most widely used Open Source forum solution. Like its predecessors, phpBB™ 3.0 “Olympus” has an easy to use administration panel and a user friendly installation process, which allows you to have a forum set up in minutes." - http://www.phpbb.com/

Dynamite
05-02-2009, 09:47 PM
OK and once i buy a license, do i get a domain with it or something or what?

T~M

Dynamite
05-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I am using that SMF must i get a domain? i have just registered, Desti-ful.co.cc

T~M

cathering_
05-02-2009, 10:37 PM
You should first register with your hosting of choice, byethost, whatever... they'll give you the real domain, you can then upload the SMF, whatever (I forget how you're meant to install it, last time was like 2 years ago) you'll need your MYSQL database info, once you install SMF you're ready to go. VBulletin is PHP software, they don't host just sell software. You'll find that SMF has many add-ons themes ect...if you can even code your own (may need PHP, HTML, CSS knowledge ect..).

Dynamite
05-02-2009, 10:39 PM
you know how to make a VBulletin forum/website?
If so wanna make one with me?

T~M

NiCbaZ
05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
You download a cracked vertion of it. and upload it to your server.

Dynamite
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM

:s i got it off my friend? how you tell it cracked? also is this a rely for other thread?

T~M

cathering_
05-03-2009, 08:36 PM
:s i got it off my friend? how you tell it cracked? also is this a rely for other thread?

T~M

It probably isn't, i'm guessing you'd have to run some sort of CRACK.PHP file before running any of VBulletin's actual files.

Da 0wner
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I will give you free hosting from my paid hosting :D.

Harry
05-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Illegal. Enjoy your forums and hosting getting shutdown and you being sued for software piracy when vbulletin finds out. SRL uses a paid license.

It probably isn't, i'm guessing you'd have to run some sort of CRACK.PHP file before running any of VBulletin's actual files.
No, the "cracked" versions are just 'nulled', so that there is no serial key entered. Which, of course, it also illegal.

Da 0wner
05-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Offshore hosting (h).

Harry
05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Offshore hosting (h).
...so? It is still illegal, and they still can shut it down, and also can sue you. You do not lose connection to the server when they place it offshore. The sector is still owned by you, and they can sue you as such.

Blender
05-06-2009, 06:51 AM
I would just use phpBB3. It is almost exactly like vBulletin, and you can make it look almost the same way (layout).

Oh, and orgfree.com can auto-install it. It's basically the same as you doing it, but it puts the files there for you.

Orgfree.com is better than 110mb.com people! 500mb vs 110mb, 500gb bandwidth vs like 1gb bandwidth, 1tb monthly bandwidth vs like 50gb monthly bandwidth, and PHP (all functions enabled) vs PHP (no mail() and awsome stuff like that.

Also, UNLIMITED DATABASES!!!

Sorry, just saying.

Da 0wner
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
LOL?

VBulletin > SMF > MyBB > PHPBB3

It's not at all like VB.

MylesMadness
05-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Illegal. Enjoy your forums and hosting getting shutdown and you being sued for software piracy when vbulletin finds out. SRL uses a paid license.It wasn't until wizzup took hosting over

Da 0wner
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I knew it :D. See? It was alive for a long time and never got shut down. Of course it was heavily modified though.

Harry
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
It wasn't until wizzup took hosting over
It was only expired at that time. They bought a legal key, but it expired, I think. So vBulletin probably did not care, they just hoped for SRL to renew their license.

Smartzkid
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM
It was only expired at that time. They bought a legal key, but it expired, I think. So vBulletin probably did not care, they just hoped for SRL to renew their license.

Das'right! We were always legal, peeps!

Dynamite
05-08-2009, 01:42 AM
I would just use phpBB3. It is almost exactly like vBulletin, and you can make it look almost the same way (layout).

Oh, and orgfree.com can auto-install it. It's basically the same as you doing it, but it puts the files there for you.

Orgfree.com is better than 110mb.com people! 500mb vs 110mb, 500gb bandwidth vs like 1gb bandwidth, 1tb monthly bandwidth vs like 50gb monthly bandwidth, and PHP (all functions enabled) vs PHP (no mail() and awsome stuff like that.

Also, UNLIMITED DATABASES!!!

Sorry, just saying.

how it install it for you?

T~M

Smartzkid
05-08-2009, 03:18 AM
They load the files right onto your server for you, you dont have to go through the whole install & configure process.

Scaper
05-08-2009, 03:54 AM
yourforums/forums/install/install.php

and just use nulled

Da 0wner
05-08-2009, 07:43 AM
http://da0wner.info/forum

;)

MylesMadness
05-08-2009, 08:11 AM
It was only expired at that time. They bought a legal key, but it expired, I think. So vBulletin probably did not care, they just hoped for SRL to renew their license.So technically it was legal at a time, but it wasn't for like 6 months.