PDA

View Full Version : MySQL/PHP Grading System?

TViYH
05-09-2009, 03:12 AM
I need to know how to do something...

There would be a teacher side and a student side, the grades for each student could be edited from the teacher side. The teacher can only change the grades for the teacher's subject, and the students can only see the grades. The teacher should be able to add or remove students, and the student should see a detailed report of his/her grades. The teacher should be able to put the name of each project(grade).

Anyone know how I would do something like that?

Nadeem
05-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Yup, easy :P

Setup all teachers and students into a database, (like a users info db), then make sure you have a value to identify whether that is a teacher's account or a student''s account. Then based on the teacher's ID, add another table into the database, to keep record of students info, and assign each student to a teacher's ID in the database. Then in PHP, make sure you filter out different pages by using if & else based on the value to identifying difference between the teacher and student. The student should be assigned with the teacher's ID they belong to because, we don't want them to show up as a student for all your teachers :P And so on, make tables inside the db to record student marks and etc...

And another option, (less safe), would be to keep record using text/files, make PHP read and write into files for record.

~NS

ShowerThoughts
05-09-2009, 03:41 AM
I would do on the subject a table than all the subject teachers.

TViYH
05-09-2009, 03:44 AM
I don't want the teachers editing the MySQL.

I want the teachers to be able to add students.

ShowerThoughts
05-09-2009, 04:42 AM
Huh, you want a grade system? but without the teachers setting the marks?
Who would set the marks?
Where is this for?

TViYH
05-09-2009, 04:56 AM
The teachers put the grades in.

The students look at the grades, but cannot edit them.

ShowerThoughts
05-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I know, but you said something different.
Edit:
You said it in a strange way but I get your point ;)
Sounds like a normal system.
If you want you can run test scripts on my "server" it runs MySQL and php.
I am also currently running: this php, free to use everyone;), even YOU! (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=564505#post564505)

So if you want to use it message me on IRC or msn.
I prefer stuff like this on MSN.

MylesMadness
05-09-2009, 06:58 AM
My school uses one of these. Its way to good for the IT dude to have made it though...

Edit:Its called powerschool if you want to look into it

Wizzup?
05-09-2009, 08:32 AM
This wouldn't be hard to make. If you want me to quickly make a DB for you, tell me exactly what you want to be in there. :)

jonesmission
10-07-2015, 12:54 AM
This wouldn't be hard to make. If you want me to quickly make a DB for you, tell me exactly what you want to be in there. :)

Hi... just want to ask an assistance do you have a complete program for the online grading system which is easy for me to follow... I am new in php and SQL from scale of 1-10 i am just 1... We have a project and I need to complete these before end of October this year. Please help me...

Thanks in advance.

rutuja
03-12-2019, 06:32 AM
Setup all instructors and understudies into a database, (similar to a clients information DB), at that point, ensure you have an incentive to recognize whether that is an educator's record or an understudy's' account At that point dependent on the educator's ID, include another table into the database, to keep a record of understudies information, and dole out every understudy to an instructor's ID in the database. At that point in PHP, ensure you sift through various pages by utilizing if and else dependent on the incentive to distinguishing distinction between the instructor and understudy. The understudy ought to be doled out with the educator's ID they have a place within the light of the fact that we don't need them to appear as an understudy for every one of your instructors :P, Etc, make tables inside the DB to record understudy marks and so on...