PDA

View Full Version : merching the easy way

TomTuff
05-12-2009, 08:01 AM
*pics to come!*

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FIRST DRAFT AND I ALSO DONT PROMISE FOR UPDATES, THOUGH I MIGHT UPDATE IT

OK some of you may already know this... it's set merchanting.

Table of Contents [ToC]
1. Table of Contents [ToC]
2. In a Nutshell [IaN]
3. In Depth [ID]
4. Good Items [GI]
5. Credits [Crd]

In a Nutshell [IaN]
Ok so in a nutshell, you buy all the components of a set that's going down in price (check the ge database HERE (http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/frontpage.ws)) at min/med price, then turn it into a set, and sell it at med-max.

In Depth [ID]
*pics to come*
STEP 1: FIND A SET
GO to the grand exchange database HERE (http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/frontpage.ws). Search "set", and if you are f2p check the f2p button so that only free play stuff comes up. If you're members, dont worry about it. look for a set you can afford, and that has gone down in price. Once you have found the set, go on to...

STEP 2: BUY THE COMPONENTS
LOG in to runescape and visit the grand exchange. Get out your money, and "exchange" a clerk. search for the components, and buy them AS LOW AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. The lower you buy the components for, the better. Please note that there IS a 4h rule on armour, so if you are buying over 4, you will have to wait over an hour to get all four.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/tomtuff/misc/BUYINGtutorialpic.jpg

STEP 3: WAIT
...wait for them to buy...

STEP 4: EXCHANGE FOR SETS
"SETS" a clerk, and "EXCHANGE" the set for your components.

STEP 5: SELL
"EXHCANGE" a clerk. if you bought all the components at medium, sell the sets at a price above medium, MAYBE max if you know its in hi demand. i always try max first, and if it doesn't sell in 10 seconds, i lower it down to between MED and MAX price. If you bought all the components lower than market price, then you can sell them at market price.

STEP 6: PROFIT
reap the profits. smile. thank me.

Good Items [GI]
The list below are sets that i have merched with success. since i just recently began this technique, currently the list isn't very long
Green d'hide trimmed
green d'hide gold-trimmed
adamant (l) trimmed
adamant (l) gold-trimmed
rune (l) trimmed

Credits [Crd]
This guide was written buy TomTuff of http:\\villavu.com. you may not share this tactic (even if a lot of people already know about it :P) on other sites without my consent. You must also credit me, and note any changes you make.

RuneScape is a trademark of JaGeX ltd.
i do not own RuneScape, i only play it for recreational purposes

I do not take any responsibility for loss of in game money.

Scizor300
05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
nice merching tutorial!

Da 0wner
05-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice spam! This is cool I guess. Will try on my account and tell you how it goes.

Marco40
05-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Very good, I try this later on, As i currently dont have alot of money.

TomTuff
05-13-2009, 06:31 AM
well you can do this with even just 100k. posting new pics today :P

footballjds
05-13-2009, 06:37 AM
lol, can't post this method anywhere else ROFL

its as if you figured this method out first ROFL....
that is about the 40000th time i read a merching tut that said the EXACT same thing O.o

Da 0wner
05-13-2009, 06:51 AM
So he copy?

footballjds
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
well lol, if he didn't than(DANGIT)
lol,
but its not original thts fo sho ;)

TomTuff
05-13-2009, 07:13 AM
i didnt copy, i got the idea from somewhere else. its not that i dont want the idea to be spread, i don't want my work taken without credit >.>
i would just copy the .jpeg i saw somewhere but that would be cheap

J.C
07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
hey, not bad!

Tyeee
08-09-2009, 08:34 PM
pretty detailed. good job.

ShowerThoughts
08-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Seriously the disclaimer is longer than the tutorial itself... organizing a tutorial is good but, it's little bit short.
Contains good information too, so it's fine.

game over
01-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Nice, you should add that the best beginner merchant item is bronze arrows, buy for low & sell for max.