PDA

View Full Version : Left4Dead 2 Announced

Harry
06-02-2009, 03:43 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2552/ - News
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/988/988161p1.html - IGN Article
http://betav2.gamersyde.com/stream_11137_en.html - The main Teaser/Trailer

Quickest sequel in history, to be honest..
Valve probably only did this as they know the console players will buy the most recent and they can cash in. I doubt that much will even be changed.

Discuss.

ShowerThoughts
06-02-2009, 03:55 AM
I have v1 portable, I don't like that kind of games, it's just nice that I can play it at school :).

Harry
06-02-2009, 04:00 AM
I have v1 portable, I don't like that kind of games, it's just nice that I can play it at school :).
Wait, there is a program to make L4D portable? It is normally like 5 GBs.. how does it run on your school's computers? Please PM it to me.

ShowerThoughts
06-02-2009, 04:02 AM
I just downloaded a torrent.

But I think I might can help you.
You should have a process watcher see where all files get moved etc, the registry etc.
Then copy the game folder to your usb and export the registry entry.

My school just got new computers :).

Torrent of Flame
06-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Got it on the xBox, didn't really play it to be honest. Shant imagine this can be THAT much different..

Quickmarch
06-02-2009, 04:11 AM
Nah, the engine looks the same, just different zombies, etc.

ShowerThoughts
06-02-2009, 04:21 AM
It looks more HQ.

Naike
06-02-2009, 06:11 AM
Same shit? Diffrent models and a new chainsaw?

A bit short on fantasy there, no?

Harry
06-02-2009, 06:46 AM

It has more melee weapons, etc too.
My guess is that they just are releasing a new version so people will have to rebuy the entire game cashing them in 50 bucks.

Dan Cardin
06-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Valve is one hella smart. If they think it will make money...it will. Or its all a ploy to make more money on the next one. Just like microsoft. They make $0 at first to get the marketshare, then they rake it in on the next iteration.

EDIT: and after looking at the video, if the game looks anything like the video, then they definately upped the graphics.

run_itsa_charlie
06-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Left 4 Dead was fun for awhile, but it got really crappy very quickly. Its as if the developers spent a week planning this game and slapping it together in a month. I can imagine the sequel being the same thing.

EvilChicken!
06-04-2009, 08:27 PM

QFT.
If anybody's planning on bying the game -- don't.
No story, quite repetative, poor graphics ect.
The fact that they're releasing it this briefly after the first one tells one how much time they put into both of the games.

Quite the sadness, I used to love Valve's games.

Quickmarch
06-05-2009, 03:59 AM
QFT.
The fact that they're releasing it this briefly after the first one tells one how much time they put into both of the games.

People can do what they want. I thought the first L4D game was great, i haven't ever played a game like it.

Harry
06-05-2009, 04:01 AM
QFT.

Yep, but what else can you do with Zombies? All you can do is kill them. They are trying to make it more interesting by adding more ways to kill them. The graphics are quite well for a game on the Source engine.